The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

DID YOU SEE, WHAT I SAW?

[video="youtube;Z75YO5QGsMM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z75YO5QGsMM[/video]
Original post by blackened_sky
DID YOU SEE, WHAT I SAW?

[video="youtube;Z75YO5QGsMM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z75YO5QGsMM[/video]

Haha love it
Reply 762
HOW DID I FORGET THIS ONE

[video="youtube;sNnLAG3KwjM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNnLAG3KwjM[/video]
Reply 763
[video="youtube;ZdmsNA6yhXY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdmsNA6yhXY[/video]
If Dray did this though :tongue:

[video="youtube;Ozb-h1Kj5es"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozb-h1Kj5es[/video]
Reply 765
Original post by MrDystopia

I'm dead :rofl: Dray might accidentally let his slip out whilst hanging on the rim :lol:
Original post by eden3
I'm dead :rofl: Dray might accidentally let his slip out whilst hanging on the rim :lol:

Lol reminds me of the time Lebron did that midgame :tongue:
Reply 767
Lol reminds me of the time Lebron did that midgame :tongue:

LOL I remember that... I recall reading this comment on an article at the time (managed to find it) that had me dying :rofl:

"Absolutely disgusting. The NBA and ABC should be ashamed for exposing their audience to that disgusting, pitiful, wrinkled excuse for a penis, and on national television no less. But enough about Joey Crawford, lets talk about this LeBron thing too. "
(edited 7 years ago)

[video="youtube;Ozb-h1Kj5es"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozb-h1Kj5es[/video]

Lemme get deez nuts all up in yo face.

Original post by eden3
LOL I remember that... I recall reading this comment on an article at the time (managed to find it) that had me dying :rofl:

"Absolutely disgusting. The NBA and ABC should be ashamed for exposing their audience to that disgusting, pitiful, wrinkled excuse for a penis, and on national television no less. But enough about Joey Crawford, lets talk about this LeBron thing too. "

Hahahaha I swear you couldn't even see anything, maybe I missed it, really didn't look too hard :p:
I like it but SA is right :frown:

[video="youtube;0QeMGT0ESwA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QeMGT0ESwA[/video]
Reply 770
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
I like it but SA is right :frown:

Hahaha yeah I saw it last night. It's the truth. The 4 L's in the Finals will always prevent him from being the G.O.A.T. :/

Also what do you think of the guy who replaced Skip?? He has a different personality from Skip but I still like him a lot.
Original post by eden3
Hahaha yeah I saw it last night. It's the truth. The 4 L's in the Finals will always prevent him from being the G.O.A.T. :/

Also what do you think of the guy who replaced Skip?? He has a different personality from Skip but I still like him a lot.

I just love the way LBJ phrased his quote haha. He'll never be the GOAT really cementing his spot at no 2. is the closest he'll get. Yeah I really like him, he's less annoying but only Skip could be as annoying as he was lol. The rest of them tried so hard to BE Skip, it just didn't work.

Although for his finals losses I can't really hold 2007 or 2015 against him.
(edited 7 years ago)
Lebron will still have to do quite a fair bit to beat out Kareem for number 2. No mean feat trying to beat out the most dominant and sustained scorer of all time.
Reply 773
I just love the way LBJ phrased his quote haha. He'll never be the GOAT really cementing his spot at no 2. is the closest he'll get. Yeah I really like him, he's less annoying but only Skip could be as annoying as he was lol. The rest of them tried so hard to BE Skip, it just didn't work.

LOL ! :rofl:

Although for his finals losses I can't really hold 2007 or 2015 against him.

Exactly !! I said ages ago in the last NBA thread that to me, LeBron is only 3-2 in the Finals. Because he didn't stand a rat's ass of a chance in '15 or '07, and no player in his shoes would've won either of those series if they were in his position IMO. Oh well.
Lebron will still have to do quite a fair bit to beat out Kareem for number 2. No mean feat trying to beat out the most dominant and sustained scorer of all time.

Maybe to beat regular season KAJ, post season he's already got him beat I think. And tbh finals should be and is the most important factor for me. He has 6 chips and ONLY 2 FMVP. If he's that good what happened?

I would expect better from someone considered #2 all time. Anyway I still have magic as the greater player and the guy LeBron needs to surpass but either way LeBron isn't at the #2 spot yet.

And I don't like the 'we don't know whether magic could ahve continued his domiance' argument. This wasn't an career ending injury or anything, it was an ill informed decision that led to him retiring. He's already said if doctors knew what they did now he would have never have considered leaving the game. He would definitely have sustained the level of play he was at. If we take the word of other greats who say Magic is what LeBron is right now.

"1 chip in a decade where he won 5 MVPs. Also had a triple double machine in Big O

5 chips once he played with the GOAT PG."

Credit to NTJ;

Original post by eden3
LOL ! :rofl:

Exactly !! I said ages ago in the last NBA thread that to me, LeBron is only 3-2 in the Finals. Because he didn't stand a rat's ass of a chance in '15 or '07, and no player in his shoes would've won either of those series if they were in his position IMO. Oh well.

Yeah agreed, and idc for me '15 is the greatest single performance in a series I've ever seen. A win in my books considering his team and the opposition.
(edited 7 years ago)
x

I think you're grossly underestimating KAJ's dominance. It's pretty awful analysis for you to dismiss him on the basis he had 'Magic passing to him'. I think you take into account far too much the players surrounding a legend. I could just as easily say 'Magic had excellent players to finish off his passes'. Thus you see how pointless that statement is. The Showtime Lakers needed KAJ's prolific scoring just as much as Magic's passing.

Besides that, aside from 1 extra Finals MVP, Kareem beats out Magic in almost everything else:

When Kareem Abdul-Jabbar left the game in 1989 at age 42, no NBA player had ever scored more points, blocked more shots, won more Most Valuable Player Awards, played in more All-Star Games or logged more seasons. His list of personal and team accomplishments is perhaps the most awesome in league history: Rookie of the Year, member of six NBA championship teams, six-time NBA MVP, two-time NBA Finals MVP, 19-time All-Star, two-time scoring champion, and a member of the NBA 35th and 50th Anniversary All-Time Teams. He also owned eight playoff records and seven All-Star records. No player achieved as much individual and team success as did Abdul-Jabbar.

That and Kareem was prolific at both ends, defensively and offensively. He is ranked as the NBA's third leading all-time rebounder (17,440). He is also the third all-time in registered blocks (3,189), which is even more impressive because this stat had not been recorded until the fourth year of his career (1974). After claiming his sixth and final MVP in 1980, he continued to average above 20 points in the following six seasons, including 23 points per game in his 17th season at age 38.

15 times All NBA, 11 times All Defensive, 19 times All Star. Those aren't cherry picked from select points in his career. That is his entire career. A lot of the points in your image for example, are PG specific, or just assists. KAJ did this across ALL positions, across multiple stats, points, rebounding, blocks, both ends.

I agree with you on one point. That is, had Magic played longer, no doubt he would've definitely gone on to have an even more outstanding career and yeah, probably would've ousted KAJ as number 2. But the fact is, he didn't, He did not have the continued dominance at both ends that KAJ had.

I really can't see how you can sacrifice all of that because 'KAJ was only FMVP in 2 out of 6!!!'.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 776
Also Kobe > Magic. -.-

Spoiler

Original post by eden3
Also Kobe > Magic. -.-

Reply 778
x

Original post by eden3
x

:lol: