The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aph
1) No, they get them 3-5 days earlier (think it's five) and UCAS results are 8AM and we can get A-levels from 6AM.

2) only phone if you are getting a priority remark. Other than that there is no point as they won't reconsider.

3) DO NOT phone unis which are not on clearing lists, it's a waste of time and you'll be turned down. And clearing starts at 12.

4) some unis don't send said e-mails and others won't send them for up to 2 weeks. Not looking is stupid.

Clearing starts when people have results and universities are answering the phones (so between 7:30-9am depending on the university).

Applicants can only add a clearing choice on track at 3pm. It is expected that applicants will have 3-10 informal offers from universities at that point and will choose their favourite to make a formal application.
Original post by HFancy1997
yes there are on each of the respective threads, sorry I dont know what pages specifically

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I'll have a rummage through them later :smile:
Reply 2182
Original post by PQ
Clearing starts when people have results and universities are answering the phones (so between 7:30-9am depending on the university).

Applicants can only add a clearing choice on track at 3pm. It is expected that applicants will have 3-10 informal offers from universities at that point and will choose their favourite to make a formal application.

Ahhh, okay that's interesting. Thanks :h: I thought it was it all starts at 12 so everyone starts together so that's useful if I'm in that situation:lol:
Original post by PQ

So the most sensible thing then is to look at results first? Not UCAS? And then prepare for clearing if my results are lower than I needed?

And you're saying 3-10 offers, does that mean that I will definitely get accepted somewhere through clearing? That's a relief.

Also, one more question. Both of my choices are Scottish so I only applied for the Scottish finance thing (I'm EU). What if I end up going to an English uni? Am I guaranteed to get the 9k loan?
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
How many subjects did you resit? Ikr I enjoy physics too but I skipped/didn't know how to answer so many questions! On the bright side my unit 2 resit from AS went pretty good this year, probs not enough to push my overall grade up much though. Ah that sounds good, so you hoping to transfer to medicine after first year? Exeter is great btw, I really liked it when I went there :smile: I'm sure they will, have you checked courses in clearing yet? I'm sure I saw a lot of medical sciences courses available!

I was resitting 3 subjects. Me too! I skipped so many questions on my first exam and I know I pretty much failed it. The annoying thing is, I was so prepared for this one as well! My AS was a B, making an A seem impossible. Are you a resitter? Or just wondering in case you get less this year? I might but I'm not sure. I really like the medical sciences course and it looks so interesting, so I might even stick it out for four year instead!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Did anyone do edexcel politics here? :holmes:

me unit 3c and 4c
How long does it take for Student Finance to process your application??? My friend told me 6 weeks ://
They're not there

Posted from TSR Mobile
All 2016 Edexcel stuff is here
http://paper-cut.weebly.com/mayjune-2016.html

Open if you have the balls haha, I've read the 3c and 4c mark schemes and to be honest they were what I was expecting
Original post by Pato1
All 2016 Edexcel stuff is here
http://paper-cut.weebly.com/mayjune-2016.html

Open if you have the balls haha, I've read the 3c and 4c mark schemes and to be honest they were what I was expecting

How about aqa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Two weeks.. I'm losing my appetite and my time of the month is getting more and more late...all because of this one day :frown:
Original post by maggie43

You won't be getting AQA or OCR stuff any time soon. Apparently though they [exam boards] are releasing thousands of marked papers next year for schools to look at.
Original post by MahuduElec
Damn that M3 really was horrendous huh. Glad I chose to do fp3 instead of m3 as my extra module. Feel really bad for people, like yourself, who depend on m3 for their overall grades. It's such bs imo that exam boards can pull this stuff off and get away with it.

I need an A* in maths, so 90 avg in C3 and C4, and 15 ums in an applied (lol).

Only need AA in f maths and physics, and thanks to my AS ums, in fm I just need to avg 200 ums over 3 of the 4 modules I took. And mid E's in my physics exams lol.

Hey, at least FP4 was standard this year, from what I heard. Btw, any reason you didn't sit any stats or decision? Maybe you did S1/D1 at AS? But no A2?

Also, pray to the aqa lords for a good grade boundary day!! Imagine C3 is like 70 for an A*, truly ****ed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It really was. I know its so annoying, its like so annoying how they just mess with people's futures. Ah i see :smile: i need what i said before plus an A in german. ( i took maths, further maths and german)

Yeah FP4 was standard, and i thought C4 and M2 were quite good/ok. M3, FP3, and C3 were the worst i've ever done by far. I would have done a decision or stats but my school just entered my class for the modules they have taught to A2 in previous years which were the FP modules and Mechanics 3. But personally i think those modules are harder than the decision and stats ones so wish i coud have done one of those. In AS i did FP1, S1 and D1 and got 255/300 UMS, and 240 UMS was an A. So this year i need 165 UMS for my B in further so need 165 ums over M3, FP4, FP3, so workd out i can get C, C, D and still get a B overall. But in just maths i need A A B in the papers to get an A overall but i think i may have a C in C3, due to how diabolical it was .

lets just pray that the grade boundaries reflect it!! im sure if 9.5 thousand students complained, then the grade boundaries won't be too high :frown:
Original post by Emi1998
It really was. I know its so annoying, its like so annoying how they just mess with people's futures. Ah i see :smile: i need what i said before plus an A in german. ( i took maths, further maths and german)

Yeah FP4 was standard, and i thought C4 and M2 were quite good/ok. M3, FP3, and C3 were the worst i've ever done by far. I would have done a decision or stats but my school just entered my class for the modules they have taught to A2 in previous years which were the FP modules and Mechanics 3. But personally i think those modules are harder than the decision and stats ones so wish i coud have done one of those. In AS i did FP1, S1 and D1 and got 255/300 UMS, and 240 UMS was an A. So this year i need 165 UMS for my B in further so need 165 ums over M3, FP4, FP3, so workd out i can get C, C, D and still get a B overall. But in just maths i need A A B in the papers to get an A overall but i think i may have a C in C3, due to how diabolical it was .

lets just pray that the grade boundaries reflect it!! im sure if 9.5 thousand students complained, then the grade boundaries won't be too high :frown:

Be sure to make your daily prayers to aqa for C3 boundaries, it sounds like your in the same boat as me, uni just depends really on C3:yes:

It's finally hit me, I'm getting an uneasy stomach just thinking about checking track on the 18th 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MahuduElec
Be sure to make your daily prayers to aqa for C3 boundaries, it sounds like your in the same boat as me, uni just depends really on C3:yes:

It's finally hit me, I'm getting an uneasy stomach just thinking about checking track on the 18th 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will ☺️ I really can't face a year of resitting 😩 I hope we both check track and it says congratulations😭😭

Are you AS or A2? AS

What subjects are you taking? BIO CHEM PHYS MATHS

To which university are you hoping to go? Nottingham or KCL

To study which subject? Medicine

If applicable, what were your AS grades? [YET TO ACHIEVE]

What grades are required for your desired degree? AAA at A2

What grades are you predicted? AABB

How did your exams go? Majority went well apart from First C1 paper and 2nd Bio depth paper

How are you feeling about results day? Nervous af

Anything else to add? n/a

what exam boards are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone know where AQA mark schemes are since someone has already uploaded the Edexcel ones?
Original post by Bubbles26
does anyone know where AQA mark schemes are since someone has already uploaded the Edexcel ones?

Not released until Wednesday 17th August.

Quick Reply

Latest