The Student Room Group

LAE or ILFORD COUNTY

They both are excellent colleges to study A levels but i don't understand which one to choose. On an additional note i live closer to LAE then Ilford. My parents say Ilford as it's more prestigious and more stable. However LAE has a newer building and oxbridge graduate teachers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Hey I've had to make a similar decision between Woodford county girls (ilford's sister school) and LAE, and my friend had to make the exact same decision as you! We both chose LAE or at least that's the plan at the moment!
Newham Collegiate Sixth Form
Reply 4
Original post by Amaanlabeeb
They both are excellent colleges to study A levels but i don't understand which one to choose. On an additional note i live closer to LAE then Ilford. My parents say Ilford as it's more prestigious and more stable. However LAE has a newer building and oxbridge graduate teachers.

I'm a current Ilford County Sixth Form student, and being an internal, I'll obviously tell you to choose ICHS! The teaching standard is excellent, and the support teachers give you is rarely found elsewhere. The school is, however, quite old and crumbly, so if you're looking for a modern, hi-tech school, LAE is for you. Make sure you do choose what is best for YOU and not just what is best in terms of prestige, because the results you get is all that matters.
Reply 5
Wouldn't it be quite difficult for the teachers to make time for you as the teachers have to teach 7 different year groups?
i think i might go there instead of wchs, why do u say ncs is good? apparently its very stressful because of the workload and there's a lot of favouritism by the tecahers
Reply 7
Original post by a_mxlik452
i think i might go there instead of wchs, why do u say ncs is good? apparently its very stressful because of the workload and there's a lot of favouritism by the tecahers

I'm having to choose between Ilford County and NCS but I'm edging more towards Ilford county. I live closer to ICHS than NCS and although NCS is better in terms of academic performance ICHS isnt too bad (the average grade is a B) and to be honest A Levels is mainly down to your own work the quality of teaching isn't a major factor (the teaching at ICHS isnt world class but its enough to get you good grades I think). Also I'd rather do 3 a levels as I'm lazy lol i think ncs makes you do 4

Quick Reply

Latest