The Student Room Group

KPMG audit programme 2017 discussion

Hi all !
just a place to discuss the application process and give each other tips! And gauge the competition :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't know what they've done this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Application process seems to be pretty weird

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Whats changed? The whole application is rather daunting especially the online tests at the start. Are you preparing yet?
Reply 4
They've introduced a '90-second interview' that's designed to replace initial interview stage and they also introduced the 'Launch Pad' which is I think a day where you have your assessment centre and final interview on the same day.

Each location has it's own launch pad dates eg. Applicants who reach this stage and are planning to join the manchester office would attend a launch pad in December if I'm correct. I'm not sure if they have other launch pad dates as there only appears to be one showing on the website which I think may mean you've gotta apply early? Not sure as of yet.

I haven't applied as of yet but if you'd like we can partner up and help each other prepare for every stage. It's cool if you don't want to but if you do, holla at me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm looking to apply for the graduate programme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Makbkuan
I'm looking to apply for the graduate programme

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay the application process is the same for both.
The 90 second video you have to make is the only concerning change they have done, everything else seems to be a improvement.
Reply 7
Hi guys, I have sent off my application and am about to do the numeracy test. What stage are you all that?
Reply 8
Original post by CDEFGHI
Hi guys, I have sent off my application and am about to do the numeracy test. What stage are you all that?

I'll be applying in August, let us know how the test go and good luck. How did you prepare??
Has anyone done the 90 sec video?
Just finished doing the numerical test. And my word was it horrible
Reply 11
Original post by samuelsupress
Just finished doing the numerical test. And my word was it horrible

Hello, I'm trying to prepare for the numerical, what were the questions like? Anyway I'm sure it was hard for everyone :smile:
Hi , please what is the kpmg audit programme, is anybody eligible for it including international students? I completed a 4 week placement at KPMG this summer and i would like a summary of what the audit programme entails.
Original post by Makbkuan
They've introduced a '90-second interview' that's designed to replace initial interview stage and they also introduced the 'Launch Pad' which is I think a day where you have your assessment centre and final interview on the same day.

Each location has it's own launch pad dates eg. Applicants who reach this stage and are planning to join the manchester office would attend a launch pad in December if I'm correct. I'm not sure if they have other launch pad dates as there only appears to be one showing on the website which I think may mean you've gotta apply early? Not sure as of yet.

I haven't applied as of yet but if you'd like we can partner up and help each other prepare for every stage. It's cool if you don't want to but if you do, holla at me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this about the KPMG School leaver audit programme ? or some other programme ?
because it doesn't say anything about a 90 sec video on the website...
and KPMG haven't started taking in applications for 2017 yet ? i dont think...
Reply 14
Original post by money-for-all
Is this about the KPMG School leaver audit programme ? or some other programme ?
because it doesn't say anything about a 90 sec video on the website...
and KPMG haven't started taking in applications for 2017 yet ? i dont think...

The forum was started for those going to apply to KPMG's audit programme this autumn. The audit programme is a sponsored degree in accounting in either Birmingham or Durham university. The 90 sec video is part of KPMG's changes to the application process and from what I have researched it is now been put into place. The website has yet to be updated I think. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by yungggnike
Hi , please what is the kpmg audit programme, is anybody eligible for it including international students? I completed a 4 week placement at KPMG this summer and i would like a summary of what the audit programme entails.

Hi, I think it is open for international students as long as you are in college and are completing A levels or a equivalent. The audit programme is a sponsored degree with Incorporated work placement at either Birmingham or Durham university.
Original post by dom117117
The forum was started for those going to apply to KPMG's audit programme this autumn. The audit programme is a sponsored degree in accounting in either Birmingham or Durham university. The 90 sec video is part of KPMG's changes to the application process and from what I have researched it is now been put into place. The website has yet to be updated I think. Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks, Where did you get this info from ? did you got an open evening at KPMG or something ?

oh, and have applications opened ?
where do i apply ? could you please give me a link ? would appreciate it, thanks
Reply 18
Original post by money-for-all
oh, and have applications opened ?
where do i apply ? could you please give me a link ? would appreciate it, thanks

It should open in September, its a very competitive programme that requires online tests (numerical and verbal reasoning) to continue with the application. I'm currently revising for those tests and would be happy to help you prepare if you want.
Here's where you apply when it opens it also explains the course in more detail:
https://www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/school-leavers/school-leaver-programme
It should open in September, its a very competitive programme that requires online tests (numerical and verbal reasoning) to continue with the application. I'm currently revising for those tests and would be happy to help you prepare if you want.
Here's where you apply when it opens it also explains the course in more detail:
https://www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/school-leavers/school-leaver-programme

thank you very much, it would be benificial if we helped eachother out ;D
we cam PM eachother on here if you wish

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending