The Student Room Group

Can you enrol at a 6th form college after being rejected?

Can you enrol at a 6th form college after being rejected,however have met the entry requirements?

Any tips
If you get the results necessary to get in, you could always ring them on results day to see if they are willing to interview you.
Reply 2
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
If you get the results necessary to get in, you could always ring them on results day to see if they are willing to interview you.

The school i wish to go to allows you to go in during RD
You could go in, I guess it would be best to ring as it is more efficient for you, up to you though sir!
Reply 4
You could go in, I guess it would be best to ring as it is more efficient for you, up to you though sir!

How would it be more efficient via phone plzzz
Original post by AGBF
How would it be more efficient via phone plzzz

Because you don't have to go in...
Reply 6
Because you don't have to go in...

can they reject u even if you met their requirements
They could, as you don't have an offer, your best hope is to ring them/go into the school on results day and argue your case for them letting you in.
I had had extenuating circumstances at the time of my GCSEs and so got pretty poor grades and wasn't eligible to study the subjects I wanted there, as they required As and A*s. On the day of enrolment at the college, I went to each department and talked to the curriculum leader and convinced them to give me a go on a temporary/previsionary basis: I was to demonstrate that I could keep up and work to a level that they found acceptable and also pass their initial tests to gauge the class's level of ability/knowledge before being fully enrolled, so for 2 weeks or so I wasn't officially there. Spent the time between enrolment and the first class catching up, and continuing to get in the groove for the first couple of weeks. Found quite quickly that I was the top of the class in a couple of subjects.

With a C in maths at GCSE, I achieved 100% on C1 in the January of it's exam (studying maths and further maths), and was on track for all As in chemistry physics and the other maths modules too. Unfortunately my family circumstances went tits up again and I had to leave. Going to give a another shot this year but the point is there is always wiggle room.

My main suggestion would be to talk to the educators and not the administrators. They tend to be more sympathetic towards people willing to learn. In fact, it's probably refreshing to see.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Athematica
I had had extenuating circumstances at the time of my GCSEs and so got pretty poor grades and wasn't eligible to study the subjects I wanted there, as they required As and A*s. On the day of enrolment at the college, I went to each department and talked to the curriculum leader and convinced them to give me a go on a temporary/previsionary basis: I was to demonstrate that I could keep up and work to a level that they found acceptable and also pass their initial tests to gauge the class's level of ability/knowledge before being fully enrolled, so for 2 weeks or so I wasn't officially there. Spent the time between enrolment and the first class catching up, and continuing to get in the groove for the first couple of weeks. Found quite quickly that I was the top of the class in a couple of subjects.

With a C in maths at GCSE, I achieved 100% on C1 in the January of it's exam (studying maths and further maths), and was on track for all As in chemistry physics and the other maths modules too. Unfortunately my family circumstances went tits up again and I had to leave. Going to give a another shot this year but the point is there is always wiggle room.

My main suggestion would be to talk to the educators and not the administrators. They tend to be more sympathetic towards people willing to learn. In fact, it's probably refreshing to see.

Thanks.Helped a lot

Btw the school i want to go is a sixth form(of another school) and its grammar which i could meet the entry requirements for.They only rejected me as i did not have a reference :frown:. Oh well i guess i'll try on the day and persuade them.
Original post by AGBF
Thanks.Helped a lot

Btw the school i want to go is a sixth form(of another school) and its grammar which i could meet the entry requirements for.They only rejected me as i did not have a reference :frown:. Oh well i guess i'll try on the day and persuade them.

You could call your current school to explain the situation and ask if one of your teachers might give a reference if needed then go to the new school and explain that a teacher is willing to give you a reference over the phone if needed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending