The Student Room Group

Dear Oxford students, Interviews!?

Dear Oxford students,

Could you please share your interview experiences here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Oxbridge_Interview_Experiences

It would be so useful for future applicants. At least we would have a general idea how does the interview process proceed and what to expect.

Additionally we would get to know which specific questions were you asked?

P.S. I am applying for Biological sciences
Original post by BioOx
Dear Oxford students,

It would be so useful for future applicants. At least we would have a general idea how does the interview process proceed and what to expect.

Can you please post a template - I tried adding my own for Oxford but couldn't work out how to do it (I'm hopeless)
Original post by colourtheory
Can you please post a template - I tried adding my own for Oxford but couldn't work out how to do it (I'm hopeless)

There are two really good examples on the Cambridge side - maybe try to do something similar?
Original post by hellomynameisr
There are two really good examples on the Cambridge side - maybe try to do something similar?

I meant the code - the wiki edit thing is beyond me. The writing of the piece itself is well within my field of knowledge
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
I do not know how to fix that?!

Do you have issues with this? @Krollo @Serine Soul Might know something about it!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by colourtheory
I meant the code - the wiki edit thing is beyond me. The writing of the piece itself is well within my field of knowledge

If you send it onto me I'll put it up when I get a chance. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Krollo
If you send it onto me I'll put it up when I get a chance. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please add this for me:
"Went for King's, was rate they were like 'u want offer m9' and I was like 'yeh blud gimme dat tasty step offer' and they were like 'k' and then got the tasty step offer and wasted my life the end."
Reply 7
Original post by Zacken
Please add this for me:
"Went for King's, was rate they were like 'u want offer m9' and I was like 'yeh blud gimme dat tasty step offer' and they were like 'k' and then got the tasty step offer and wasted my life the end."

Nice Alabama fellow!

This was really helpful bruh :colone:
Original post by BioOx
Dear Oxford students,

Telling you exact questions would be bad form on our part. Some tutors are lazy and recycle questions each year :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Telling you exact questions would be bad form on our part. Some tutors are lazy and recycle questions each year :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxford would not do that! I am almost certain...
Reply 10
My campaign was so successful.

We got exactly 0 posts on that page since I have posted on this thread.
Like TheLonelyGoatherd says, people are strongly discouraged from passing on specific questions.

But there's lots of official guidance - and if you go to the Open Day at the Biology department, they do a live mock interview with a current student in front of the whole audience.

I think it's fair to say that at some point, you will be handed a specimen and asked what you can tell about the organism from the specimen. You're also likely to be asked to talk about some 'big issue' that interests you.

Format-wise, the typical scenario seems to be that you get around 3 separate interviews over 2 days. Each lasts about 30 minutes, and you might get two at your chosen college, and the third at another college. But it does vary a bit, and I don't think there's any special significance if your interview pattern is different to this.
Original post by BioOx

Trust me - some tutors really do! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by BioOx

?? Uh... sorry to burst your bubble but they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Zacken
?? Uh... sorry to burst your bubble but they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, so Cambridge tutors do that too...

I did not know that :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending