The Student Room Group

Knife incident in Russell Square - One dead, five injured

Scroll to see replies

Large police presence in Russell Square.

[video="youtube;9_qS8QVmX1k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_qS8QVmX1k[/video]
Original post by The Epicurean
I heard on Sky News that there was live press conference at 3:30

While the BBC are too busy playing a half hour interview from weeks ago with a labour mp about infighting...
Remind me which one is a public service broadcaster and which one is a Murdoch funded vanity project
Original post by Wilfred Little
I found this strange as well. Not saying anything has gone on just assumed it would break quicker than that.

Meh, it was a stabbing at 10.30pm. I don't think there were many people that saw it as well.

Even twitter was slow on the pick up and it would be almost impossible for the police to block it on there.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Meh, it was a stabbing at 10.30pm. I don't think there were many people that saw it as well.

Even twitter was slow on the pick up and it would be almost impossible for the police to block it on there.

And the BBC just happened to have a correspondent passing the exact location at 2am just as it was being announced did they?
Original post by AlexS101
And the BBC just happened to have a correspondent passing the exact location at 2am just as it was being announced did they?

The BBC also "happened" to be filming when the police broke into Cliff Richards house.

They obviously have contacts within the force and were told.

Like I wrote before, maybe the police deliberately slowed the release of information. That does not explain the very slow pick up on twitter as well.
Original post by The Epicurean
I heard on Sky News that there was live press conference at 3:30

where are they showing the press conference?
BBC confirming that they'll be some kind of update at 03:30 BST
Original post by AlexS101
BBC confirming that they'll be some kind of update at 03:30 BST

"We can confirm that this does not appear to be terrorist related at this time despite the persecutor being al bagdadi"
Oh great, this again?
Media reporting the woman killed was in her 60s

Gang member?
Reply 30
Update suggests mental health is a major factor :yy:
A 19-year-old man was Tasered by officers and is in custody in hospital.

Police say:

Mental health is a significant factor in this case.

But they are keeping an open mind regarding motive:

Terrorism remains one line of inquiry for us to explore.

Original post by Deyesy
Update suggests mental health is a major factor :yy:

Great news :yy:
Lets play media narrative bingo. Just possess the below card and read a few articles or watch the news tmoro

- Lone wolf
- Mentally ill
- No *direct* affiliation to ISIS
- Not even muslim.. didnt attend mosque (Friends say he smoke or drank)
- Friends family utterely *shocked*
- Recently fired from job or broke up with gf
- Discuss the effect Brexit may have had on this

Mental health is a factor! One down
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by NickLCFC
Great news :yy:

I know right. The tabloids will jump all over it.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Lets play media bingo

- Lone wolf
- Mentally ill
- No *direct* affiliation to ISIS
- Not even muslim.. didnt attend mosque
- Friends family utterely *shocked*
- Discuss the effect Brexit may have had on this

Mental health is a factor! One down

Let's play Right wing nut job bingo.

- Butt hurt because mental illness is involved.
- Brings up the EU when it has nothing to do with situation
- Can't use propaganda lines about EU immigration.
- Blames Tommy Mair's mental illness for his murder but ignores it in this case.
- Oh...and obviously Islam.
(edited 7 years ago)
Let's play Right wing nut job bingo.

- Butt hurt because mental illness is involved.
- Brings up the EU when it has nothing to do with situation
- Can't use propaganda lines about EU immigration.
- Blames Tommy Mair's mental illness for his murder but ignores it in this case.
- Oh...and obvious Islam.

- Not gullible enough to believe the constant party line (Particuarly when police have had embargo on reporting for 4 hours)
- Satire at people gullible enough to believe constant party line
- Can cos nothing has changed in that regard LOL YOU
- We had impartial evidence from years before Jo Cox death from objective source Mair was mentally ill.... yet i didnt blame that solely on the attack. Possible to be mentally ill and still terrorism / political... but well done for only remembering the bits i said which you disagreed with :biggrin:

FINALLY CORRECT . Well done. Thanks for playing
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Betelgeuse-
- Not gullible enough to believe the constant party line
- Satire at people gullible enough to believe constant party line
- Can cos nothing has changed in that regard LOL YOU
- We had impartial evidence from years before Jo Cox death from objective source Mair was mentally ill.... yet i didnt blame that solely on the attack. Possible to be mentally ill and still terrorism / political... but well done for only remembering the bits i said which you disagreed with :biggrin:

FINALLY CORRECT . Well done. Thanks for playing

It is easy to remember hypocrites.

Sure, you did. Like most extremists ( IE Islamists and Far Right wingers), you want everyone to ignore the actual ideology and conentrate on irrelevant points.

His OCD didn't cause him to kill. You just brought it up to distract people from your far right ideology being the cause.
Police have said 'Mental health is a major factor' and terrorism is 'potentially' an issue here - CNN right now.
It is easy to remember hypocrites.

Sure, you did. Like most extremists ( IE Islamists and Far Right wingers), you want everyone to ignore the actual ideology and conentrate on irrelevant points.

His OCD didn't cause him to kill. You just brought it up to distract people from your far right ideology being the cause.

In the very thread i stated numerous times that we know he was mentally ill and should hang fire. I have seen nothing to suggest his mental illness was so extreme that it was not terrorism (Though little info has been reported on since) and we will have to wait for it to go to court i guess

In that very thread, i defended a muslim who beheaded an old woman in her back garden in London... do you remember...? Do you remember me saying it wasnt islamic terrorism...? LOL YOU - Course you don't - Nothing more than a bull and I am a red flag
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending