The Student Room Group

Knife incident in Russell Square - One dead, five injured

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Betelgeuse-
In the very thread i stated numerous times that we know he was mentally ill and should hang fire. I have seen nothing to suggest his mental illness was so extreme that it was not terrorism (Though little info has been reported on since) and we will have to wait for it to go to court i guess

In that very thread, i defended a muslim who beheaded an old woman in her back garden in London... do you remember...? Do you remember me saying it wasnt islamic terrorism...? LOL YOU - Course you don't

I know you stated it numerous times. Didn't talk about his numerous right wing links and etc, but you wanted to talk about his OCD.

Obviously that wasn't Islamic terrorism. He beheaded his own grandmother and two cats. No one needed you to defend the obvious.
Original post by Casserole
was only a matter of time before it happened in Britain (again)

Knife crime happens in the UK every single day.
Original post by DorianGrayism
I know you stated it numerous times. Didn't talk about his numerous right wing links and etc, but you wanted to talk about his OCD.

Obviously that wasn't Islamic terrorism. He beheaded his own grandmother and two cats. No one needed you to defend the obvious.

1. I disputed the claim he shouted Britain first... because there was conflicting reports in the media by eyewitnesses.

2. So a muslim shouting allahu ackbar and beheading somebody (The woman was NOT his grandmother BTW) is obvious its not terrorism? Admittedly he beheaded two cats aswell but hardly fits your "Rah right wing nutjob wants to cast Islam badly is ideological, narrative"

PS I have called out a bunch of posts on here over my time, most recently 2 days ago when a "Far right" member posted an article claiming refugee had killed another priest. I linked the quote from the article which said something to the effect of "And he was treated to cuts on his hands and is safe and well"

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4235020
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 43
If this has nothing to do with terrorism will much of a big deal be made of it ?
At least he's in police custody now. Best to wait until more information before assuming the motive. There's not much to go on atmo.
Original post by helped
If this has nothing to do with terrorism will much of a big deal be made of it ?

No
Original post by helped

No, it'll be forgotten but this thread will still contribute to the anti-Muslim sentiment anyway with the posts on the first page.
Reply 47
No

Its weird how that works- if its terrorism related it suddenly matters more but if it was just a lone wold then it doesn't matter as much.
Reply 48

Good to learn Islamic terrorists don't behead cats or their grandmothers
Reply 49
Original post by helped
Its weird how that works- if its terrorism related it suddenly matters more but if it was just a lone wold then it doesn't matter as much.

Yeah,that's cos if it's terrorism it means our security network may have cocked up and that means all kinds of ramifications and argument.

But if it's just someone in crying need of mental health provision no one gives a **** because there's no votes in increasing money for mental health.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by helped

Always the case, even when non-Terrorism incidents are often worse.

Say Lee Rigby to someone and they immediately know who you're on about. Daily Mail have brought the incident back up again today.

Say Derek Bird and most wouldn't have a clue who he is, yet he shot 12 people.
Is it not possible do be mentally deranged and also an Islamist terrorist at the same time ? in my view yes, it is possible

in fact, it's quite frequent
At least he didn't have a gun like our friends in the land of the free.
Original post by mariachi
Is it not possible do be mentally deranged and also an Islamist terrorist at the same time ? in my view yes, it is possible

in fact, it's quite frequent

Agreed. I get the general feeling that the mentally unhinged are classed as "useful idiots" by both jihadists & far right nutjobs. They unfortunately tend to be easier to brain wash.
Horrible news but when i first heard the news I assumed dozens got stabbed and killed.
Original post by helped

This is exactly what I thought considering the number of stabbings which occur in London each year.
Original post by TelAviv
Media reporting the woman killed was in her 60s

Gang member?

Ahahaha
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Ah, the non-conclusionists are out in force I see. It's like something from a Monty Python sketch, completely surreal. Come out and defend Muslims while they ALL preach your death and destruction, women and children are being raped and murdered on a scale unseen outside of a conflict zone and we have a bunch of pseudo intellectuals looking for the'true meaning' behind it.

If it were fundamentalists of Christianity waging a global crusade against all non-believers I can't help but think the reactions of these people would somehow be different when terror attacks happen.

You sound a little unhinged chap, why the desperation to avoid facing up to the reality that this is a symptom of our mental health epidemic?
So very sad*
Reply 59
- Mentally ill

- Butt hurt because mental illness is involved.
Regarding the mental heath issue, there are a couple of points worth considering.

1. By definition, anyone who stabs several people, mows them down with a truck, blows themselves up, etc, etc, is suffering from some sort of mental health issues. You couldn't do it if you weren't.

2. There are thousands, if not millions of people with mental health problems, yet the vast majority of them do not carry out such attacks, therefore, you cannot blame mental illness. (Notice that this is exactly the same argument regularly used to claim that Islam is not involved - although I think it would be a step too far to accuse people who claim mental illness is to blame of racism).

Quick Reply

Latest