The Student Room Group
Original post by Abdul Noori
Guys, my enrolment day is on the 26th however on that day and my GCSE results day (not that necessary to be there) - I will be on holiday,
Ive called and emailed the sixth form many times, yet they still havent replied. I am thinking of sending my bro there who is over 18 instead of me . What should I do?

Send the email to either Headteacher, your form tutor, a subject teacher who will be there (if you know), Head of Sixth Form, or Assistant Head, etc. Say your brother will be collecting it and make sure he has one of your ID and his ID too. This could be something like a provision driver's licence, his passport or bank statement within 3 months. Make sure the bank statement has a clear address on it.

Your brother can always phone in on the day. All he needs to do is ask for the relevant member of staff to explain he will be picking up your results on your behalf.

Don't panic. It is common and easily rectified.
Reply 2
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Send the email to either Headteacher, your form tutor, a subject teacher who will be there (if you know), Head of Sixth Form, or Assistant Head, etc. Say your brother will be collecting it and make sure he has one of your ID and his ID too. This could be something like a provision driver's licence, his passport or bank statement within 3 months. Make sure the bank statement has a clear address on it.

Your brother can always phone in on the day. All he needs to do is ask for the relevant member of staff to explain he will be picking up your results on your behalf.

OMG thank you so much for making it clear for me and making me reassured!! I read other comments and people said that if u dont attend the enrolment day, u wont get a place.Thanks once again
Reply 3

OMG thank you so much for making it clear for me and making me reassured!! I read other comments and people said that if u dont attend the enrolment day, u wont get a place.Thanks once again
Original post by Abdul Noori

Unless they are referring to your selected school, then do not listen to them.

What was their conditional offer? Did they say "we will welcome you to our sixth form/college as long as you get XYZ results"?

If you get what they ask for, then that's fine. You should ask your parental guardian to phone the college or sixth form saying, you will not be able to making the enrollment day because you'll be on holiday. They will preserve a day with a member of staff so you can officially register.

Although, it is not the best idea to go on holiday during the results period in August!
Reply 5

What was their conditional offer? Did they say "we will welcome you to our sixth form/college as long as you get XYZ results"?

If you get what they ask for, then that's fine. You should ask your parental guardian to phone the college or sixth form saying, you will not be able to making the enrollment day because you'll be on holiday. They will preserve a day with a member of staff so you can officially register.

Although, it is not the best idea to go on holiday during the results period in August!

Yh, theyve told me that I needed 7 A*-c but i will hopefully have 11 gcse's N the reason why I am going on holiday is because my grandfather is very ill n he really has missed us alot! also we have planned my brothers wedding- so we really dont have a choice
Reply 6

Although, it is not the best idea to go on holiday during the results period in August
By the way, how do you know this, is this what happened to you or are you a teacher?
[QUOTE="Noori;66754092" Abdul="Abdul"]

Although, it is not the best idea to go on holiday during the results period in August
By the way, how do you know this, is this what happened to you or are you a teacher?

I am not a teacher, but I have experienced Results Day myself as well as seeing this sort of stuff in TSR a lot.

It is unwise because like you're on here now - it adds complications to results. It's not a pressing concern for GCSE. But for A-levels, it makes it difficult if you're abroad and have no access to internet, especially if you need to confirm unis, sort out accommodation, etc all in a hurried manner.
Reply 8

Im going to be abroad on results day and I have one conditional offer for a college and they sent me some enrolment papers but i decided that i want to go to another college, i emailed them and they told me that I can email them my results but because spaces are limited i might not get in....so should i confirm my place at the college which i got a conditional offer in and wait and see if the other college accepts me just incase i dont get in????
and is there a high chance of me getting in if i have good grade because they told me that the spaces are limited
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by s.mo
Im going to be abroad on results day and I have one conditional offer for a college and they sent me some enrolment papers but i decided that i want to go to another college, i emailed them and they told me that I can email them my results but because spaces are limited i might not get in....so should i confirm my place at the college which i got a conditional offer in and wait and see if the other college accepts me just incase i dont get in????
and is there a high chance of me getting in if i have good grade because they told me that the spaces are limited

Confirm your place at the college that you have the conditional offer with. Wait until Results Day, then if the other college will take you in because your results are higher than what they expected, go to the college.
Reply 10
Confirm your place at the college that you have the conditional offer with. Wait until Results Day, then if the other college will take you in because your results are higher than what they expected, go to the college.

I cant confirm my place until results day
my teacher has told me that i need to physical go to the college and hes never had anyone go abroad during results/enrollment day is this true, if not how would i find out if i have been accepted to the college

Latest