The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Accommodation offers out today! What did everyone receive!

Hi all,

Just wondering who was placed where, potential new kitchen mates may be lurking. I received an offer for Deanery, B 111. Just looking to find out what everyone else got and if it was what they wanted!

Thanks, hope everyone is well, and is as excited for the 15th of September as I am!

Scroll to see replies

Hiya :smile:

I've accepted an offer for Deanery, A 113, so I guess that means we're on the same floor(?)

Can't wait mate, what course are you doing?
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 2
Original post by BWinter3107
Hiya :smile:

I've accepted an offer for Deanery, A 113, so I guess that means we're on the same floor(?)

Can't wait mate, what course are you doing?

I'm not really sure how the placement works, what the letters mean? But yeah, possibly.. As long as the letters don't mean different buildings or something lol. I'm doing Network Security Management with a buddy, who is next door to me in B 110. What course are you doing? :biggrin:
Ah yeah I've just read that there's 3 different buildings, presumably A, B & C. Nice one man!
I'm doing Music Promotion, but can't seem to find anyone else doing it on here haha.
Reply 4
We are probably in different buildings then :frown: maybe we'll be able to look out our windows and see eachother xD have you joined the southampton freshers fb group? People have been posting asking if anyone on their course is on there. Music promotion? Like a record person? What does that consist of? 😅 Sounds interesting, not sure I could do something like that though..
Reply 5
Hi,
I received deanery as well house B! is there a Facebook group for our hall?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Wow! I'm not sure about one for our hall specifically, just the freshers fair, which will be starting when we first arrive at the university. Which room did you get in the B building? :biggrin:
Reply 7
Hi,
I'm in deanery B, doing network security management!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by ads1705
Hi,
I'm in deanery B, doing network security management!

Hey! No way, youre the 4th person i know who's on the course. Can you please specify which room in deanery B? We'll probably be getting to know eachother pretty soon :3
Reply 9
Original post by TManners
Hey! No way, youre the 4th person i know who's on the course. Can you please specify which room in deanery B? We'll probably be getting to know eachother pretty soon :3

Really!? Wow, didn't know anyone else on the course, I'm in room 702, do you know if the first number is the floor number, so id be on the 7th floor? Or is just as it comes? My names Adam btw.
Reply 10
Original post by ads1705
Really!? Wow, didn't know anyone else on the course, I'm in room 702, do you know if the first number is the floor number, so id be on the 7th floor? Or is just as it comes? My names Adam btw.

I wasn't sure, i thought so, which may mean you're on the 7th floor, and i'm on the first xD that must be near the top i'd have thought, get a nice view :biggrin: lucky :P I'm Tom Manners, nice to meet you :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by TManners
I wasn't sure, i thought so, which may mean you're on the 7th floor, and i'm on the first xD that must be near the top i'd have thought, get a nice view :biggrin: lucky :P I'm Tom Manners, nice to meet you :biggrin:

XD that'd be pretty cool, on the 7th floor :biggrin: I'm sure we'll meet each other if we're on the same course and in the same building! Who else do you know on the course?
Reply 12
Original post by ads1705
XD that'd be pretty cool, on the 7th floor :biggrin: I'm sure we'll meet each other if we're on the same course and in the same building! Who else do you know on the course?

A girl who posted on another page on Tsr, saying she was on the same course, myself, and my friend george, who's going on the same course, who i've been studying in college with, we will meet definently xD pretty excited, should be a lot of fun i'm hoping :biggrin:
Hi guys,

I accepted an offer for Chantry 425, anyone else in Chantry?

I'm going to be studying Computer games (Indie) :smile:
Reply 14
When is everyone moving in? as you can start moving in from the 15th?
Reply 15
Original post by Hope1401
When is everyone moving in? as you can start moving in from the 15th?

Probably on the Thursday evening, or Friday morning. That way I can see what I've got and if necessary bring other bits with me by the Sunday when I plan to be fully moved in by. Has anyone else applied for car parking? or how are you planning to travel back home at any point - if you are?
When does freshers actually start?
Reply 17
Original post by Doublehelix35
When does freshers actually start?

from Mon 19th Sep as far as I'm aware?
Original post by ads1705
from Mon 19th Sep as far as I'm aware?

So if move in on the Saturday instead of the Thursday I wont miss anything?
Reply 19
Original post by Doublehelix35

So if move in on the Saturday instead of the Thursday I wont miss anything?

Im pretty sure you won't, the Thursday to the Sunday are just moving in I think with stuff starting from Monday. So the only thing you might miss are some of the people in your flat of may have already moved in. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending