The Student Room Group

University Clearing

Long story short, i ****ed up.
I applied for Aston uni but now i have realized i dont even want to go there.
I made them my firm choice, but now i want to go in through clearing. If i get the grade requirements for my offer and they accept me, can i still apply through clearing? If so, how do i do this?
Original post by Kfc master
Long story short, i ****ed up.
I applied for Aston uni but now i have realized i dont even want to go there.
I made them my firm choice, but now i want to go in through clearing. If i get the grade requirements for my offer and they accept me, can i still apply through clearing? If so, how do i do this?

Yes you can go through clearing.

However, to do this, you will have to reject your 1st choice offer (if you get it). If you do reject it, it means you can't go to your insurance choice.

If you get your insurance choice, you can't reject it via UCAS. You will need to phone them up to tell them you wish to reject their offer.

Once all this happens, you can go through clearing. But, I will warn you - your needs will not be put ahead of others. Remember, clearing are for people who didn't get the grades for their firm AND insurance. So if you got the grades for both, but didn't want to go to either, you won't be set as a priority. With this, you will also need to sort out accommodation which can be very stressful, especially if the uni hasn't got any uni accommodation. That means you'd need to find private housing, which can also be very stressful.

You need to think about your decision very carefully before Results Day.

Is there any particular reason you do not wish to go to your firm choice uni?
Reply 2
Original post by The Empire Odyssey

You need to think about your decision very carefully before Results Day.

Is there any particular reason you do not wish to go to your firm choice uni?

Yea just want to stay in London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending