The Student Room Group

Changing Surname

Hi i need to change my surname on my student finance application that i previously set up a few years ago. Do i need to do this before i apply for the finance for my course? How do i, do it?
Original post by Jgrant2015
Hi i need to change my surname on my student finance application that i previously set up a few years ago. Do i need to do this before i apply for the finance for my course? How do i, do it?

Yes you will, as I presume your id is all in your new name. give sfe a call to check but you ll probably have to send them your deed poll.
Hi Jgrant2015

We will require evidence of your change of name, in order for this to be updated you will be required to send in a covering letter with the relevant evidence ie birth certificate, marriage certificate, decree absolute, decree nisi, change of name deed or statutory declaration. A clear photo copy is acceptable for this. Please note we may require original evidence to confirm you identity depending on your circumstances. The application process will let you know what to send. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending