The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Original post by samiyaab
Firstly thank you for your reply(and to others who replied)

I'm applying for a History degree,and modules vary from uni to uni. The modules at the nearby university do not interest me and there's not as much variety when choosing from the non-compulsory modules. At the other universities I like, the course suits my interests much better and I'd enjoy it more.

The cost of moving out doesn't bother me, as government loans cover it and the repayment system isn't bad at all.

What has me moving out got to do with religion? Yes in Islam it is important to obey your parents, but parents also have a duty to their children, yet my parents want me to compromise my education because their culture teaches that it is wrong for females to move out.
Allah has determined our success and failure, so just go for your best choice. If it is the will of Allah then it will happen inshallah, if it isnt then it won't .
Reply 1302
@samiyaab

Asalaamu Alaikum :smile:

The other members who have replied to you regarding your situation, SubhanAllah I couldn't have given a better reply.

I would like to just add that when our parents give us advice it may go against our desires sometimes but they are more mature/experienced and this is what we forget. They probably have thought about it more than you and can see that it may not be benficial to you in the long term, in terms of religion. By this I mean that they probably want to protect you from any fitnah that might become more easily accessible, when away from them.

Talk to your parents about it calmly and try to understand their position and outlook on it insha'Allah.

May Allah help you make the right decision and guide you. Ameen.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
@samiyaab

Asalaamu Alaikum :smile:

The other members who have replied to you regarding your situation, SubhanAllah I couldn't have given a better reply.

I would like to just add that when our parents give us advice it may go against our desires sometimes but they are more mature/experienced and this is what we forget. They probably have thought about it more than you and can see that it may not be benficial to you in the long term, in terms of religion. By this I mean that they probably want to protect you from any fitnah that might become more easily accessible, when away from them.

Talk to your parents about it calmly and try to understand their position and outlook on it insha'Allah.

May Allah help you make the right decision and guide you. Ameen.

MaShaAllah your Righteous. I agree basically. I already knew that anyways.
Ameen
PRSOM
[video="youtube;nROS_oQAM8I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nROS_oQAM8I[/video]
[video="youtube;yhPqr7pvFpQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhPqr7pvFpQ&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z13ctjoi5sqghz 05h04cfrzhrq2asf5zc54[/video]
This is so, so important. Especially for muslim women, who may not be as open culturally or otherwise to openly seek help about this due to the obvious nature of the problem.

[video="youtube;l4-XGSgDjV0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4-XGSgDjV0[/video]
For clarification it is impermissible to do Tarot card readings:

The Prophet said:

Whosoever approaches a fortuneteller and believes what he says, has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad.

[Ahmad, Abu Dawud, Bayhaqe : Authentic]

The Prophet said:

The Salah of whoever approaches a fortune teller and asks him about anything will not be accepted for 40 days and nights.

[Saheeh Muslim]
Original post by IdeasForLife
I think some of the Arabs would've been better off without the wealth they found under the ground. Their bank balance grew but their Islam suffered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chaudry Nawaz would never defy his Saudi masters! this is all a show.
Reply 1309
Original post by OGGUS
MaShaAllah your Righteous. I agree basically. I already knew that anyways.
Ameen
PRSOM

JazakAllah Khair for your kind words :smile:
(May Allah forgive me) All good is from Allah.
I really want to say more but I wanted to make it brief and short.

My mum always says that child is a blessing indeed but can be your worse enemy too. Parents are always looking out no matter what age the child is and feel restless for their child as they only would want good for them. But sometimes we fail to understand unfortunately.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
JazakAllah Khair for your kind words :smile:
(May Allah forgive me) All good is from Allah.
I really want to say more but I wanted to make it brief and short.

My mum always says that child is a blessing indeed but can be your worse enemy too. Parents are always looking out no matter what age the child is and feel restless for their child as they only would want good for them. But sometimes we fail to understand unfortunately.

I know what you mean. Jazakallah khair:colondollar:
Reply 1311
Original post by OGGUS
I know what you mean. Jazakallah khair:colondollar:

BarakAllahu Feek :smile:
Asalaamu alaykum 😊

How is everyone's Thursday? :tea:
Original post by Leukocyte
Asalaamu alaykum 😊

How is everyone's Thursday? :tea:

Wa alaikum al-salaam.
Enjoying this beautiful sunny Thursday and looking forward to an extended family shindig later on.
How about you?
Wa'alaykumasalaam

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi

No doubt the oppressors will put false accusations of crime upon the innocent victims.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Al-farhan
Wa alaikum al-salaam.
Enjoying this beautiful sunny Thursday and looking forward to an extended family shindig later on.
How about you?

All I see is clouds. Swap places (jus for the weather, keep your shindig thing :tongue: ) :colonhash:
Original post by IdeasForLife
All I see is clouds. Swap places (jus for the weather, keep your shindig thing :tongue: ) :colonhash:

Dude, you do not want to pass up a traditional Somali shindig. It is a gathering like no other made up of 3 course meal (2 dessert courses :lol:) and tea/coffee.
Over 20 Kurdish activists summarily executed in Iran.
According to activists the victims were not given fair trial, allowed to represent themselves or get any legal representation.
According to news sources crimes leveled against them included: '' being a kurd'' and ''being sunni''.
All victims were prevented from seeing their families (they haven't seen their families for over 3 years) for last farewell.
Sources:
http://www.aljazeera.net/news/international/2016/8/4/%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%B4%D8%B7-%D9%85%D9%86-21-%D8%A3%D8%B9%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%AA%D9%87%D9%85-%D8%A5%D9%8A%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%AA%D9%87%D9%85%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%A7-%D8%A3%D9%86%D9%86%D8%A7-%D9%83%D9%8F%D8%B1%D9%92%D8%AF-%D9%88%D8%B3%D9%8F%D9%86%D9%91%D8%A9
http://aranews.net/2016/08/iran-executes-kurdish-activists-charges-terrorism/
Wa alaikum al-salaam.
How about you?

Nice. Have fun! Will there be lots of children too?

I'm not up to much today. I'm enjoying the weather in an office lol
Dude, you do not want to pass up a traditional Somali shindig. It is a gathering like no other made up of 3 course meal (2 dessert courses :lol:) and tea/coffee.

Okay send the food with the sunshine. :eating:

Latest

Trending

Trending