The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
Had a walk today and caught a spearow, tried to transfer it for an extra candy and accidentally evolved it...

What's worse it was a 10CP one...
So came out with a 23CP Fearow...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the opposite the other day - evolved my best weedle, went to evolve it again into a beedrill and accidentally transferred it instead :frown:
I reckon I can make about 40,000+ xp from a lucky egg (32 evolutions and multiple new pokemon to pokedex from evolutions) which would take me from level 11 to about level 15.

Is that enough to be gaining from it or should I be trying for more?
Guys, is Eevee is most common Pokemon you can get from a 10km egg?
I'll admit I've only had 2 eggs that size but both have been Eevees.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, is Eevee is most common Pokemon you can get from a 10km egg?
I'll admit I've only had 2 eggs that size but both have been Eevees.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems like it. I've hatched 6 10km eggs and 3 have been Eevees.
Both of my 10km eggs to date have been Eevees. Got another one half-way to hatching, really hoping it's something good as it's the first one i've had in a while. Eevees are pretty common in my area. I have so many freakin' Flareons.
Why is my area suddenly full of Drowzees and Clefairys? Is like Pidgeys and Rattatas no longer exist.

At least I caught female and male Nidorans. :w00t:
Original post by ColossalAtom
Why is my area suddenly full of Drowzees and Clefairys? Is like Pidgeys and Rattatas no longer exist.

At least I caught female and male Nidorans. :w00t:

Hmm well apparently they've cycled the spawn locations around, that might have something to do with it.

I still have pidgeys coming out my ass :sad:
Original post by Zerforax
I reckon I can make about 40,000+ xp from a lucky egg (32 evolutions and multiple new pokemon to pokedex from evolutions) which would take me from level 11 to about level 15.

Is that enough to be gaining from it or should I be trying for more?

I've managed to do around 50 evolutions in a lucky egg duration, if you know what you're evolving beforehand its pretty rapid
Original post by Architecture-er
I've managed to do around 50 evolutions in a lucky egg duration, if you know what you're evolving beforehand its pretty rapid

Just catch any and all pidgies and you can get 50 evolutions in a day or so but do not evolve into pidgeots.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Okay I'll hold back a little longer and try to maximise a bit more! Although I've got 2 lucky eggs now and should get another one at level 15 so perhaps less of an issue at the moment.

Is it a waste to use a lucky egg with an incense + lure and just try to catch loads of pokemon? Read an article which said that was an alternative option.
Okay I'll hold back a little longer and try to maximise a bit more! Although I've got 2 lucky eggs now and should get another one at level 15 so perhaps less of an issue at the moment.

Is it a waste to use a lucky egg with an incense + lure and just try to catch loads of pokemon? Read an article which said that was an alternative option.

You can easily do both if your phone isn't a potato. Just evolve Pokemon, then when one pops up catch it and continue evolving. I usually do that and manage with the time
Hmm well apparently they've cycled the spawn locations around, that might have something to do with it.

I still have pidgeys coming out my ass :sad:

I wish I could get more pidgeys, since they are easier to evolve.

Incenses and lures merely prompt pokemon spawns as far as I know, you wouldn't get nearly close to constant spawns to capture and the xp is 1/5th that of an evolution so I wouldn't bother :smile: if you think about it any time spent catching a pokemon is time you can't be cramming another evolution in

One time I had ~30 evolutions so I popped a lure to attract pokemon whilst I evolved, and I caught whatever appeared... but its still less efficient than a mass evolution spam :biggrin:
Original post by Devify
You can easily do both if your phone isn't a potato. Just evolve Pokemon, then when one pops up catch it and continue evolving. I usually do that and manage with the time

Incenses and lures merely prompt pokemon spawns as far as I know, you wouldn't get nearly close to constant spawns to capture and the xp is 1/5th that of an evolution so I wouldn't bother :smile: if you think about it any time spent catching a pokemon is time you can't be cramming another evolution in

One time I had ~30 evolutions so I popped a lure to attract pokemon whilst I evolved, and I caught whatever appeared... but its still less efficient than a mass evolution spam :biggrin:

Hmm interesting. Was just thinking it doesn't make sense to hold on to lucky eggs for some period ages away in the future when I'll be getting my 3rd soon.

Slow day today so only at 32 evolutions to hand at the moment. Might try to push to 40 tomorrow and then use my first lucky egg.
WHAT THE **** MY POKEMON GO RESET IM DELETlNG THIS *****TTTTTTEEE
Original post by undercxver
WHAT THE **** MY POKEMON GO RESET IM DELETlNG THIS *****TTTTTTEEE

It happens. Just make sure it didn't automatically log you into a different account first. Like of you have two Google accounts the game could use the wrong one making your account seem like it has reset
Saving up my gym pokecoins and I'm up to 50 so far.

What would you spend your pokecoins on?
Original post by PQ
Saving up my gym pokecoins and I'm up to 50 so far.

What would you spend your pokecoins on?

I'm spend most of mine on incubators, but I have also spent some on more space for Pokemon and items, and a couple of lures.

I refuse to buy pokeballs, especially since I work at a poke stop.*
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1470320773.628119.jpg Found this guy in town today. =)

My strongest yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1470320773.628119.jpg Found this guy in town today. =)

My strongest yet.

That ahole was in my room but ran away when I was trying to catch him. I later found cp ~850 Golduck when I went out so at least that was nice

Quick Reply

Latest