The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Colleges have our results. Damn

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wot. I swear colleges get our STEP results on 8th August. Some ex-Mathmo said so on the STEP Prep Facebook group at least.
Original post by Insight314
Wot. I swear colleges get our STEP results on 8th August. Some ex-Mathmo said so on the STEP Prep Facebook group at least.

Na thats a levels. Step is already with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2662
Original post by ninjass
Hii does anyone have an idea when we will know the bounderies for STEP

I reckon i got 68-70 and i am praying that is enough for a 2 in step 1

Day before 18th.

I'm also 80% sure that that'll get you a 2. (edited my post because misread)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
Day before 18th.

I'm 95-99% sure that that'll get you a 2.

Oh I thought that was for a 1.
I cant even remember step I lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Na thats a levels. Step is already with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, just found out that. I legit asked the question to Christ's AT thread a minute or so before I saw your reply on this thread lol.
Reply 2665
Oh I thought that was for a 1.
I cant even remember step I lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh **** nvm edited my post, I thought he was asking about step ii, but he's asking about the piss easy step i paper instead, I agree with you in that case
Reply 2666
Original post by Insight314
Okay, just found out that. I legit asked the question to Christ's AT thread a minute or so before I saw your reply on this thread lol.

See here for confirmation: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4238228&p=66745668#post66745668

Thanks!

I guess we have to suffer through those two weeks...
Reply 2668
So it occurred to me that the STEP solutions index is due an update and I have two questions:
Is there a 2009 STEP I solutions thread?
Has anyone noticed that MEI has released a repo of handwritten STEP solutions? From their website:
The STEP paper worked solutions were kindly donated to MEI by Peter Mitchell who originally wrote them for his Meikleriggs mathematics website and continues to provide annual updates for the latest STEP papers.
So I had a dream last night that I got my STEP results and in the dream I got S, 2, 3 in each of the papers respectively, and I basically just wanted to put that out there now so if results day comes around and I do get these results, the disappointment of not getting into Cambridge will be lessened slightly by the evidence of my incredible psychic powers
Its scary how cambridge already know your step scores so they probably know who they are accepting already!!
Reply 2671
Original post by Pyoro
Is there a 2009 STEP I solutions thread?

Nope! We created one for 2009 II and III this year but didn't do STEP I because the existing examiner solutions are immaculate and very detailed. You could possibly link to it from the solutions index if you want completeness? Link here. It just seemed like a waste of time to provide solutions for these when the official ones would easily trump it, not so for II and III where the examiners are far skimpier with detail.

Yup! I've linked to it on the OP (I think so...) a few months ago. You can access the page for STEP (and AEA!) solution via this website and pressing the "View STEP/AEA solutions" button to access it with a guest account or alternatively use the existing login provided on that page. It doesn't go back as far as the TSR archive but has good quality answers dating back to ~1995. A well-used resource this year, I think.

On a side note, might take over some of the existing solution threads OP to do some updates and encourage people to complete questions that are left undone or correct wrong solutions; that said... probably going to be too lazy/busy to get around to that ever.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ninjass
Its scary how cambridge already know your step scores so they probably know who they are accepting already!!

Gawd, it's so scary. Why can't they just tell us and get done with it!!
Reply 2673
Original post by Zacken
Nope! We created one for 2009 II and III this year but didn't do STEP I because the existing examiner solutions are immaculate and very detailed. You could possibly link to it from the solutions index if you want completeness? Link here. It just seemed like a waste of time to provide solutions for these when the official ones would easily trump it, not so for II and III where the examiners are far skimpier with detail.

Fair enough, makes sense.

On a side note, might take over some of the existing solution threads OP to do some updates and encourage people to complete questions that are left undone or correct wrong solutions; that said... probably going to be too lazy/busy to get around to that ever.

I had similar ambitions once upon a time :tongue:. I ended up just taking over one, the 2010 one, which was recent yet poorly maintained. I'd take over a few more if it were easier to find an admin to transfer them.
Reply 2674
Original post by Pyoro

I had similar ambitions once upon a time :tongue:. I ended up just taking over one, the 2010 one, which was recent yet poorly maintained. I'd take over a few more if it were easier to find an admin to transfer them.

Yeah, I've only taken over one as well. I think it's not so bad if all you do is report the OP and put in a "other" category with a message asking the CT to transfer the OP to you, it takes them ~2 days to get back to you but is relatively little effort on your part.

Are you done with your degree, then? :smile:
I registered early on the results page (I didn't realise I should wait until just before the deadline). So a few questions;
When exactly are the results released? Is it midnight on the 17th or midnight on the 18 or somewhere in between?
And if it turns out that i don't recieve my results from registering early how do i go about getting my results and approximately how long will it take?
Cheers
Original post by KingRS
I registered early on the results page (I didn't realise I should wait until just before the deadline). So a few questions;
When exactly are the results released? Is it midnight on the 17th or midnight on the 18 or somewhere in between?
And if it turns out that i don't recieve my results from registering early how do i go about getting my results and approximately how long will it take?
Cheers

Midnight of the day the A level results are released , the 'morning' before the results are released if that makes sense. Results will be on the ATS site after logging in
Reply 2677
Original post by KingRS
Cheers

If you registered early and the registration worked then there's no issue. The problem is if you register early and an error pops up.

Results are released at midnight on the 18th, that is, the midnight when the date switches from 17th to 18th.
What are the predicted grade boundaries for this year's STEP 1?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CompsciN
What are the predicted grade boundaries for this year's STEP 1?

Camt even remember what i predicted but definately higher then last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest