The Student Room Group

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

Scroll to see replies

"You will get an A*."
My psychology teacher told everyone this year that we can't retake the exams next year.....

Complete rubbish and people believed her as well....
We wouldn't be tested on the structure of 2,4-dnp in our chemistry exam (still not over that)

Posted from TSR Mobile
"This topic hasn't come up in 5 years so it will definitely be in the paper"
:colonhash:
In primary they told us that high school locked toilet doors to stop us going in lessons - it didn't happen for us
Lol in year 11 my maths teacher said that noone in the class will get a B or below :mmm:
Everything at science GCSE is a lie. When you move up to A level and bam, sorry guys, the lock and key theory was ******** we just thought you were too dumb at the time. etc
"Removing your common area will promote you students to work harder and use the time for private study instead"
Reply 28
Half of what we learnt in Chemistry GCSE (although they did keep telling us that it would be different later on ;P )
Original post by Fox Corner
This is a golden thread. Join in with the discussion before 26 August 2016 to be in with the chance of winning an iPad air 2!

I remember being in reception, so only about 4 or 5, and our teacher told us that a rocket was going to the moon that day and if we worked really really quietly we'd be able to hear it take-off..

It totally worked. We were silent for the whole day, but never did hear that rocket go off.

What are the fibs your teachers told you at school to get you to be quiet, or stop asking silly questions?

That if you were late for a job you'd get fired. I am late for my part time job pretty much every shift and I haven't got fired yet
Original post by junayd1998
When they tell you to stop rocking on your chair because " they knew someone who cracked their head open doing it" no you didn't boss.

omg, my teacher said the exact same to me as i used to keep rocking my chair
In year 6 I remember throwing a piece of scrunched up paper across the class and I got into serious trouble for it. I was told that it will be in my file and will stop me from getting a job or getting into secondary school, lol.
Original post by ellie0497
In year 6 I remember throwing a piece of scrunched up paper across the class and I got into serious trouble for it. I was told that it will be in my file and will stop me from getting a job or getting into secondary school, lol.

That's a bit harsh! Wow! Did you believe them? :s-smilie:
In year 10 we were told "your work experience week really, really matters - it is a huge deal"

What rubbish that was. :rofl:
Reply 34
My teacher told me that life gets better after school. :frown:
In physics, our teacher told us there was going to be an eclipse and if we wanted to see it, we would have to work in silence and he would take us outside to see it for ourselves.
At the end of the lesson, he just turned the lights out and that was the 'eclipse' we had all been waiting for.. :angry:
@She-Ra thanks for the rep :wink:
My classics teacher promised us all pizza if we spread word throughout the school about the classics department. Intake for classics has doubled but we've had no sign of the pizza/
Original post by raman_17
@She-Ra thanks for the rep :wink:

You're welcome :u:
not a big one but "you heart is to the left of your chest"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending