The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucabrasi98
Tbf i don't think it's physically possible to finish a d1 paper in time unless you're extremely lucky

Edexcel D1 here, I just about finished BUT I completely ********ted the last question in the hopes of maybe picking up 1 method mark. Scheduling AND a Gantt chart in the same exam... I don't think I've seen that before :frown:
Had a dream last night where I got A*A*A. Still disappointed to have woken up :redface:
Anyone planning on checking UCAS first before getting your results ?

Imagine getting your firm and finding out they were kind enough to take someone with EEE 🙄
Though most mid ranked Uni's are more likely to do this I guess ?
Original post by Altun63

Imagine getting your firm and finding out they were kind enough to take someone with EEE 🙄

I don't think I will have the courage to check UCAS before getting my results! Although I seem to be in the minority there :redface:
Results day is the devil's work

Posted from TSR Mobile
2 weeks exactly!

Although now I've decided on going through Clearing to go to BU I am so excited! Bring on university! :biggrin:
Original post by chloeabeki
I don't think I will have the courage to check UCAS before getting my results! Although I seem to be in the minority there :redface:

Same here! I'd rather get my results first then check Track
Actually starting to kinda feel the results day trauma now we're only two weeks away:redface:
My stomach is literally turning at the thought of it:colondollar:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 9dobbo1
Thanks, I do have offers that I could accept but I really want to try for Oxford again. I got 100% in RS.

I know right. I'm already planning how to do my A2 year all over again. If I miss my offer I'll be totally gutted.
Original post by Leechayy
Actually starting to kinda feel the results day trauma now we're only two weeks away:redface:
My stomach is literally turning at the thought of it:colondollar:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh same..
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by connieiscrazy
Same here! I'd rather get my results first then check Track

Glad I'm not the only person to feel like this.
(edited 7 years ago)
I swear it was 5 weeks to results day like 5.65 seconds ago..it's going scarily fast..
Getting my results emailed to me at 6am, I feel like I'll be one of the first on this forum to find out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Altun63

Depends on when I wake up, I think. But if I wake up later I'll definitely check Track first, not results.
Original post by BunnyMidnight
I'm worried that my AS results will put off ICL, UCL, Bath and Surrey from wanting me. They are the only unis that i fell in lve with straight away!

Aren't you doing the new spec?
Original post by the.chantele
Aren't you doing the new spec?

It depends what subjects they're taking. Not all subjects have changed to the new spec yet.
Reply 2236

I see it more as having the courage to wait!!! Imagine getting to your school and then finding out you missed your offer by a grade or 2 and start to break down only to find out when you check track that you got in!!! Whereas if you check track first you can break down at home and have a rough idea about what you are doing and can mentally prepare yourself for the bad grades.

I might do this too, still undecided :frown:
Original post by Aph
I see it more as having the courage to wait!!! Imagine getting to your school and then finding out you missed your offer by a grade or 2 and start to break down only to find out when you check track that you got in!!! Whereas if you check track first you can break down at home and have a rough idea about what you are doing and can mentally prepare yourself for the bad grades.

Oh god, if I had to travel for an hour to get my results from my sixth form I'd definitely check Track first, but my college uploads results to an online portal so I can access them from home from around 8AM. My uni flat out said they won't be accepting any near misses except for in extenuating circumstances, which makes Track even more scary!
Reply 2239
Oh god, if I had to travel for an hour to get my results from my sixth form I'd definitely check Track first, but my college uploads results to an online portal so I can access them from home from around 8AM. My uni flat out said they won't be accepting any near misses except for in extenuating circumstances, which makes Track even more scary!

See with track updating nearly 7:30 and having to go to school to collect results at 8:30, which includes a 15 minute speach form the head and sixth form leaders. So don't actually get them until 8:45 and then couldn't get to look at track until 10:30 because they expect us to tell them what's happening and sign forms or something so I'd much rather look first.

And which uni is that?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest