The Student Room Group

Graduated with a Higher Diploma certificate, What can I do now?

So i basically had severe depression throughout my 2nd and 3rd year in Uni which made it hard for me to leave my room and missed out on a lot of opportunities. I've messed up and graduated with a Higher Education Diploma. I've tried appealing and explaining my circumstances however my appeal has been rejected. I'm wondering what can I do now that I have a Higher Education Diploma in Chemical Engineering? I would like to pursue a career in Investment banking, stock trading, etc... Literally any help is much appreciated, thanks!
Original post by justdateriguy
So i basically had severe depression throughout my 2nd and 3rd year in Uni which made it hard for me to leave my room and missed out on a lot of opportunities. I've messed up and graduated with a Higher Education Diploma. I've tried appealing and explaining my circumstances however my appeal has been rejected. I'm wondering what can I do now that I have a Higher Education Diploma in Chemical Engineering? I would like to pursue a career in Investment banking, stock trading, etc... Literally any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Depnding on where you want to live and study check courses on colleges, some run adult courses, or find a university who allows you to do a masters in another subject. You need to get your stress and anxiety sorted, id advice you go doctors and volunteer in charity, theres lots of oppertunity, have a look at Do it.org.
Itd help you overcome your anxiety. Sometimes you can get paid work in charities.
Yes, I'd second getting help before enrolling on any courses. It might be possible to do something like an apprenticeship?
Original post by Tiger Rag
Yes, I'd second getting help before enrolling on any courses. It might be possible to do something like an apprenticeship?

Have a look at Barclays bank recruitment site, they have examples, blogs and many ways to get in to banking and finance. It might be wise to apply for an apprenticeship or seek unpaid work to see if you like working in finance. It will help your anxiety and gain experience.. employers look for experience as well as qualifications and apprenticeships could be the better option.

Again night college has introductory courses in bookkeeping, accounts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending