The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Devify
That ahole was in my room but ran away when I was trying to catch him. I later found cp ~850 Golduck when I went out so at least that was nice

Did you two have fun in your room?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scienceisgood
Did you two have fun in your room?

I threw my balls at him but I guess he just didn't swing that way :frown:
Original post by Devify
I threw my balls at him but I guess he just didn't swing that way :frown:

You know if you feed the man, your more likely to bag him because he's more likely to be happy.
The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach and the best way to a woman's heart is through a nice pair of shoes. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I wanna have a gym battle but I can't since all the other pokémon are to strong with more than 1000 CP :bawling:
Original post by mr T 999
I wanna have a gym battle but I can't since all the other pokémon are to strong with more than 1000 CP :bawling:

If you fight an enemy gym it is 6 on 1. As long as you beat one gym pokemon you get xp and remove gym prestige. Then revive and potions and fight again.

I took over a gym with 3 1000+ pokemon this evening and my strongest is only 900ish.

And then I left a 800cp weepinbell on guard and some little kid took the gym off me and replaced my weepinbell with a 245raticate :mad:
Original post by PQ
If you fight an enemy gym it is 6 on 1. As long as you beat one gym pokemon you get xp and remove gym prestige. Then revive and potions and fight again.

I took over a gym with 3 1000+ pokemon this evening and my strongest is only 900ish.

And then I left a 800cp weepinbell on guard and some little kid took the gym off me and replaced my weepinbell with a 245raticate :mad:

The strongest pokemon I have is a 380 something Hypno :frown: The weakest pokemon I've seen in a gym is around 500 something cp :sad:

Btw I'm only level 8 and I haven't upgraded or evolve any of my pokemon yet. I'm just waiting to reach level 10 before I do anything else.
Original post by Scienceisgood
You know if you feed the man, your more likely to bag him because he's more likely to be happy.
The best way to a man's heart is through his stomach and the best way to a woman's heart is through a nice pair of shoes. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tried feeding him but he didn't seem impressed. Maybe I need to work on my cooking skills. I'm sure I'll meet someone even better
CALLING EVERY1 ON HERE
Apparently there is a new update on the app for android
Can anyone who has updated tell me if it works bc I don't want to update it and be losing my account again :colonhash:
The strongest pokemon I have is a 380 something Hypno :frown: The weakest pokemon I've seen in a gym is around 500 something cp :sad:

Btw I'm only level 8 and I haven't upgraded or evolve any of my pokemon yet. I'm just waiting to reach level 10 before I do anything else.

If you have 6 with a cp above 250 then you should be able to take out anything up to about 1,000 cp
Original post by PQ
If you have 6 with a cp above 250 then you should be able to take out anything up to about 1,000 cp

Really? Thanks but haven't got that many high levels pokemon most of them are around 100 something. I guess I could go for the weaker ones if I can found one that is :frown: and build up exp. What happens to pokemon when they lose?
Really? Thanks but haven't got that many high levels pokemon most of them are around 100 something. I guess I could go for the weaker ones if I can found one that is :frown: and build up exp. What happens to pokemon when they lose?

They need reviving and re-energising (with a revive and a potion or two)
My friend is running a script on his computer that walks around london catching pokemon for him, his highest is about 3200 CP.

I said he is totally defeating the purpose of the game but I guess he wants to be the best at any cost :laugh:
Original post by Katiee224
My friend is running a script on his computer that walks around london catching pokemon for him, his highest is about 3200 CP.

I said he is totally defeating the purpose of the game but I guess he wants to be the best at any cost :laugh:

He will also probably be banned for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
He will also probably be banned for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Possibly, although I haven't heard of anyone getting banned thus far.
Original post by Katiee224
Possibly, although I haven't heard of anyone getting banned thus far.

They have other priorities, but given their last game was basically the same thing but not pokemon, and they banned people for doing it there, it's safe to say they will start dishing out bans and resets for such cheating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
They have other priorities, but given their last game was basically the same thing but not pokemon, and they banned people for doing it there, it's safe to say they will start dishing out bans and resets for such cheating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They do ban people in Ingress but it takes them like a year to do so.🙄 *I wonder how many people will still be playing Pokemon Go then.

Wasted so many pokeballs today by throwing it right at the Pokemon, and it goes straight through. * Also not happy that the escape and flee rates have gone up 😠 .
So is it worth using stardust and candies to level up pokemon strength?

I hatched a level 487 magmar (holding 31 candies) so I could probably level him up a fair bit? :colondollar:
Original post by Zerforax

I hatched a level 487 magmar (holding 31 candies) so I could probably level him up a fair bit? :colondollar:

Nope, save it all for the end game when level ups are slow so you won't be getting better CP catches a few days later

The only exception is candies for the basic pokemon you find everywhere, there you horde candies, and when you have a few hundred go on evolution sprees with a lucky egg for power leveling

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax

Wait until you get to level 23 or so until you start powering Pokemon up. By then you should have ~100k+ stardust so you can power up your Pokemon quite a bit. At lower levels you can catch higher Pokemon in a day or two just by levelling up so it's a bit of a waste.

Had an Arcanine on my nearby list today, ran outside to try and find it but it's impossible with all forms of tracking disabled. Didn't get anywhere near finding it. If they disable the tracking system in game, it's completely unfair of them to take down Pokevision and other such sites. Pain in the ass.
Omw back home from yesterday had a 4.8/5km egg almost hatched left it until today. I went outside today
only to realise the 4.8/5km egg isn't on my list & nothing hatched or came up when I scrolled through my pokemon
list and the most recent pokemons. da-fek :rip: @5km walking. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest