The Student Room Group
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I think I'm Asexual.

I have a couple of questions though:

Do Asexual's still get aroused?

Because I do, but I simply have no interest in sex, etc.

Also, can an Asexual have a sexuality? Because I'm Heterosexual. But, if I'm Heterosexual does that mean that I can't be Asexual?

Thanks!

No, you're not. Asexual classifies as having no sexual feelings or desires; being aroused clearly contradicts this. Perhaps you haven't found someone you love (sounds cringey I know)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
No, you're not. Asexual classifies as having no sexual feelings or desires; being aroused clearly contradicts this. Perhaps you haven't found someone you love (sounds cringey I know)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get aroused but I don't have any desires to have sex, though.

If I did find someone I love I wouldn't want to have sex with them.
I get aroused but I don't have any desires to have sex, though.

If I did find someone I love I wouldn't want to have sex with them.

Getting aroused is still a sexual feeling. Plus, how certain can you be of that?
Reply 4
i think it depends on your age? it's normal for teens to be uncomfortable with the idea of actually having sex with someone but still get sexually aroused nd stuff. not saying you're definitely not asexual but i wouldn't be so quick to label it. up to you to figure out though no one else can figure out your sexuality for you 👍
Reply 5
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Getting aroused is still a sexual feeling. Plus, how certain can you be of that?

I've done some more research and think I've found a more specific way to define me: A Heteromantic Asexual is defined as 'have romantic feelings towards the opposite sex, but not any sexual desire.'

Also, apparently Asexuals can still get aroused as, to quote one Heteromantic Asexual, "Just because we aren't sexually attracted to others doesn't mean our sexual parts don't work."
I've done some more research and think I've found a more specific way to define me: A Heteromantic Asexual is defined as 'have romantic feelings towards the opposite sex, but not any sexual desire.'

Also, apparently Asexuals can still get aroused as, to quote one Heteromantic Asexual, "Just because we aren't sexually attracted to others doesn't mean our sexual parts don't work."

Was he referring to Asexuals, or just heteromantic Asexuals?

In any case, I think you've answered your overall question.
Reply 7
I don't agree with GradeA*UnderA, I'm afraid.

I suppose you could categorize arousal under the 'sexual feeling' umbrella, but choose not too.
I think of 'sexual feeling' as more psychological, it's an urge, a drive, a need, an innate mental feeling. It entertains the brain, brings up sexual thoughts and fantasies.. its responsible for the temptation and excitement of sex.
But I feel that 'arousal' is physical, its involuntary and bodily-controlled, rather than exists in the brain.

I identify as asexual, and do feel aroused. However I do not feel a driving need or any emotional feeling attached to that arousal. To me, they are entirely separate.

This makes 'faking it' (which I do to somewhat entertain my partner) incredibly easy to turn off. My partner is often overcome by his psychological urges for sex and strongly feels intense mental attractions to the sexual feeling. I cannot relate to this at all.

However you feel, Anon, don't be discouraged! Sex is weird and the human mind is weird and behaviorisms and psychology are weird. With time, your thoughts towards this will become clearer,

Keep on living it out and you'll find your niché
you could just be demisexual? demisexual is where you don't feel sexual attraction unless there's a strong emotional bond like friendship. that's kinda what i feel i am as i never look at people and see them sexually/want to have sex with them but i feel like if i was super close to someone and knew everything about them i'd probably want to have sex with them. although if you feel like you could be asexual there's nothing wrong with that, just harder to date if dating is something you're interested in as a lot of people (guys) will eventually want sex
Check this community out, if you think you are asexual, http://www.asexuality.org/ , might be interesting to you.
I also think you are Asexual but how could you not want to have sexy time...
You might be!!!
I'm asexual, and my libido is normal. Asexuality is defined as "the lack of sexual attraction", aka you don't feel sexually attracted to anyone.
I, for example, cannot in any way shape or form think of people, whether I know them or not (or whether they're naked or half-naked or "hot"), think of them in a sexual way. At most, they are fit and look pretty/handsome. I also have no interest in having sex.

Spoiler

Original post by Harry Potter568
you can't be asexual you bint, your not plant. to reproduce you have to do it sexually you idiot.

asexual reproduction is not the same as asexuality lol, if you're asexual it means you don't experience sexual attraction to people it has nothing to do with reproduction

Latest