The Student Room Group

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

Scroll to see replies

In Primary, we got told the fire alarms also worked as a CCTV with sound so if you said/did anything bad and it was caught on the 'CCTV', then you'd be punished. Funny thing was, these fire alarms were literally everywhere in the primary school, so I was scared until a teacher told us it wasn't true! :biggrin:
Hae teacher said "You need to study Latin if you want to go to university".
Reply 62
'If you don't be quiet I'm going to make you stay after school'
"You need to go to university so you can get a good job"
"I can guarantee that you all are going get Us in GCSE Business!" My Business teacher said this before my other business teacher came along and she singled me out for some reason.

On results day I came out with an A and her class did worse than mine in their exam. Her face was priceless but it was great to see my Business teacher light up because he was a brilliant teacher :h:
Our GCSE chemistry teacher told us you could get wrecked off a loaf of sunblest
Our head of 6th form told us how amazing a-level general studies was (which was compulsory ii must add). Apparently unis would be falling at our feet to offer us places if we has it...
This isn't a generic, cliched thing but it's funny. An English teacher from our school was suspended after he told the class he was just going to nip along to the photocopier but instead returned to the school 2 hours later with a new suit, a haircut and drunk :laugh:
Original post by AndrewSCO
This isn't a generic, cliched thing but it's funny. An English teacher from our school was suspended after he told the class he was just going to nip along to the photocopier but instead returned to the school 2 hours later with a new suit, a haircut and drunk :laugh:

Hahahahhahaha that's brilliant ; I do wonder what teachers do when they go to the photocopier ....
Original post by Emma:-)
Our head of 6th form told us how amazing a-level general studies was (which was compulsory ii must add). Apparently unis would be falling at our feet to offer us places if we has it...

Yeh gosh I'm so glad I didn't move schools to go to a grammar for sixth form as an EPQ and general studies was compulsory lol like who can be bothered with that ****
Reply 70
The story about the kid who used to swing on their chair?

How they broke the legs fell back and split their head open. Classic.
Really? I guess we were just lucky then, but I don't think our primary teachers knew what went on at high school, they just wanted to stop us interrupting
Reply 72
Dont swing on the back of your chair, "I knew a kid that did that and hit his head as he fell off"

Every teacher told you the same story
The heart is in the middle but it tilts to the left
Yeah, the heart tilts to left but is still in the middle :biggrin:
(edited 3 years ago)
hmmmm yeh my chemistry teacher also said someone didn't stand up when doing an experiment and spilled some form of chemicals on her lap and has all scars now as an adult ...
Teacher: Hey Edminzodo (obviously they used my real name), did you know that they're taking the world 'gullible' out of the dictionary?
Edminzodo: (With complete sincerity) Oh my gosh, really?

. . . Entire class bursts out laughing . . .

:facepalm:
Original post by fefssdf
hmmmm yeh my chemistry teacher also said someone didn't stand up when doing an experiment and spilled some form of chemicals on her lap and has all scars now as an adult ...

Yeh chemistry teachers say anything
Reply 78
- Africa's poor
- ASDAN would be useful for University
- A project which was mostly making a Powerpoint would be good for our Personal Statements
- Nek Nomination (#ThrowbackThursday) would kill us all
- We couldn't go to the toilet during exams
- Mocks would be sent to our parents
- George doesn't kill Lennie

EDIT: Nearly forgot the most important one: - Don't rock back on your chair or you'll kill yourself like that one pupil (insert number) years ago
(edited 7 years ago)
That my teacher had eyes at the back of his head

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest