The Student Room Group

What kind of man are you?

a good example of this is Peep Show. Mark is your quintessential beta. Jez is mix of beta and gamma. Jeff is part alpha, part gamma, and Super Hans is a total f****ng nut job :lol:

alpha: you are confident and your own man. you do your own thing and have complete confidence in everything you do. you have your self doubts, but you don't let it cloud your judgment. you are liked by most and you have a charm and swagger about you. women are drawn to your charisma and presence. you enjoy being social.

beta: you are kind of shy and introverted and not very confident in yourself. you have insecurities and self-doubts and these can make you afraid to do things in the fear that you will fail / be rejected. you are somewhat liked by people but they often look at/ think about you condescendingly and woman tend to friendzone you. you are nervous around other people and in social situations because you fear that people will judge you.

sigma: like the alpha, but whilst the alpha is a pack creature, you are a lone wolf. you are confident, likely intelligent and have a sense of mystery to you that stems from an indifference to the rules/norms. You are completely your own man, and can even come across emotionally distant due to your complete self-possession. you do fine with women, but there may be some difficulty in them accepting how individualistic / indifferent to others you are. you will likely have a small circle of friends as you are highly selective in who you "allow to hunt with you"

gamma: you are the everyman. you are ordinary, average man. there is nothing especially remarkable about you. your personality and presence usually blends in with the rest of the group and you're just sort of...there. people like you just fine and you usually do ok with women, but all the same, there is nothing particularly memorable or remarkable about you. you are not a born leader nor a inherent follower, although you can take on those tasks depending on the situation

omega: the bottom of the food chain. the sort of man people think of of when they think of a "loser". you shirk responsibility (e.g unlikely to have full time job and likely to still live with / be reliant on parents), refuse to grow up (typically obsessed with childhood pursuits like comics and video games) and generally avoid participating in the real world. omegas do not have any success with women, but most dont care about things like that anyway - they are otoo engrossed in their obsessions to care about the customs / expectations of the world. because you lack social skills/awareness any friends you do have will typically be other omegas or strong betas who share interest in your obsessions
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So the willy-less people don't feel left out:
Option F ~ I am a wo-man
None
I'm a man.

Nothing more needs to be said.

SS
Reply 4
Original post by Supersaps
I'm a man.

SS

If only being in this world was that easy, mein freund.
Man enough not to be Concerned about my "Manliness"
Reply 6
Original post by AperfectBalance
Man enough not to be Concerned about my "Manliness"

Yo dont have to categorise yourself. Society will do it for you.
A mix between 2/3 of them
Original post by Virgil.
alpha: you are confident and your own man. you do your own thing and have complete confidence in everything you do. you have your self doubts, but you don't let it cloud your judgment. you are liked by most and you have a charm and swagger about you. women are drawn to your charisma and presence. you enjoy being social.

beta: you are kind of shy and introverted and not very confident in yourself. you have insecurities and self-doubts and these can make you afraid to do things in the fear that you will fail / be rejected. you are somewhat liked by people but they often look at/ think about you condescendingly and woman tend to friendzone you. you are nervous around other people and in social situations because you fear that people will judge you.

sigma: like the alpha, but whilst the alpha is a pack creature, you are a lone wolf. you are confident, likely intelligent and have a sense of mystery to you that stems from an indifference to the rules/norms. You are completely your own man, and can even come across emotionally distant due to your complete self-possession. you do fine with women, but there may be some difficulty in them accepting how individualistic / indifferent to others you are. you will likely have a small circle of friends as you are highly selective in who you "allow to hunt with you"

gamma: you are the everyman. you are ordinary, average man. there is nothing especially remarkable about you. your personality and presence usually blends in with the rest of the group and you're just sort of...there. people like you just fine and you usually do ok with women, but all the same, there is nothing particularly memorable or remarkable about you. you are not a born leader nor a inherent follower, although you can take on those tasks depending on the situation

omega: the bottom of the food chain. the sort of man people think of of when they think of a "loser". you shirk responsibility (e.g unlikely to have full time job and likely to still live with / be reliant on parents), refuse to grow up (typically obsessed with childhood pursuits like comics and video games) and generally avoid participating in the real world. omegas do not have any success with women, but most dont care about things like that anyway - they are otoo engrossed in their obsessions to care about the customs / expectations of the world. because you lack social skills/awareness any friends you do have will typically be other omegas or strong betas who share interest in your obsessions

Original post by AndrewSCO
A mix between 2/3 of them

I am a wo-man

Spoiler

Reply 9
I'm a patch of alfalfa male
Time to tend the rabbits
Beta-Sigma.
Reply 11
More of a Pi male myself
Original post by Virgil.
If only being in this world was that easy, mein freund.

Esto vir!
Sigma
I'm not a man
instructions unclear - got penis stuck in the ceiling fan
Original post by Supersaps
I'm a man.

SS

This is normally where you come out with your army speech about real men not calling each other greek letters, right? :wink:
Reply 17
Original post by Platopus
I'm not a man

[video="youtube;BrCvgiQGh1o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrCvgiQGh1o[/video]
You mean this one?!?!?!

****ing greek letters piss me the **** off.

SS

Why is this whole beta/alpha thing so popular on TSR at the moment? I've literally never heard anyone speak in these ******** terms after several years in the military.

Real men don't go around calling each other greek letters, they just get the job done.

Howlers.

SS
Original post by Virgil.
Yo dont have to categorise yourself. Society will do it for you.

Luckily i dont give a fig what society thinks i am. My girlfriend likes who i am, my friends like who i am and most importantly I like who i am

Pretty much all else can go screw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending