The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aph
See with track updating nearly 7:30 and having to go to school to collect results at 8:30, which includes a 15 minute speach form the head and sixth form leaders. So don't actually get them until 8:45 and then couldn't get to look at track until 10:30 because they expect us to tell them what's happening and sign forms or something so I'd much rather look first.

And which uni is that?

oooh fair enough, in your circumstances I'd definitely check Track first.

It's Durham university, I don't know if they mean it or they just said that to us on the post offer visit day to motivate us to work harder, but the chem department was apparently massively oversubscribed this year so I couldn't see myself getting in if I were to miss my grades :frown:
Reply 2241
Original post by chloeabeki
oooh fair enough, in your circumstances I'd definitely check Track first.

It's Durham university, I don't know if they mean it or they just said that to us on the post offer visit day to motivate us to work harder, but the chem department was apparently massively oversubscribed this year so I couldn't see myself getting in if I were to miss my grades :frown:
yeah, that's the plan.

I'm sure you'll do fine either way
What time does Track start updating? :smile:
Reply 2243
Original post by sophiehaddad
What time does Track start updating? :smile:

8:00 officially, 7:30 onwards more often.
looking forward to results day because....

Spoiler

Original post by PQ
Fair warning: there's some scary looking stats due for release from UCAS tomorrow on predicted v actual A level grades. It's likely the press will pick up on it. Please don't panic about the big numbers of people who missed predicted grades in the past. a) a lot of them still got places and b) past behaviour does not predict future behaviour. Watching this thread it seems clear a lot of you aren't expecting to hit your predicted grades - all these stats will show is that you're not alone.

I was predicted D grades anyhoo, so I am not too worried! In fact, the nerves have only just begun to creep up on me :-/
Reply 2246
@PQ I haven't seen anything on those stats you mentioned?
Original post by Fi101
Best of luck with your results guys!
I hope the grade boundaries are ever in your favour :smile:

Thank you! You too! :smile:
Original post by Aph
@PQ I haven't seen anything on those stats you mentioned?

They came out: https://www.ucas.com/corporate/news-and-key-documents/news/early-success-gcse-key-university-applicants-achieving-their

Looks like the stabbings last night distracted the press.

headlines

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2249
Original post by PQ
They came out: https://www.ucas.com/corporate/news-and-key-documents/news/early-success-gcse-key-university-applicants-achieving-their

Looks like the stabbings last night distracted the press.

headlines

Thanks, I'll read now :h:
I was googling every so often but couldn't find anything, thanks!!!
Reply 2250
Do grade boundaries ever get leaked? :wink:
Original post by SANTR
Do grade boundaries ever get leaked? :wink:

praying someone uploads them like NOW
Reply 2252
Original post by QueenBee98
Thank you! You too! :smile:

Thankfully for me the waiting is over (one of the few people on here that took IB) Looking forward to see who my fellow classmates might be :smile:
Original post by Fi101
Thankfully for me the waiting is over (one of the few people on here that took IB) Looking forward to see who my fellow classmates might be :smile:

Oh how did you do? :smile: I hope you got the grades that you needed! What are you planning on doing? God I hate this waiting, the longer it goes on, the more nervous and stressed we get :/
Reply 2254
Oh how did you do? :smile: I hope you got the grades that you needed! What are you planning on doing? God I hate this waiting, the longer it goes on, the more nervous and stressed we get :/

I was a mess before my results as well (mainly due to the exam board screwing us over with our hl physics paper, it was so hard I left half of it blank because I ran out of time...) I got my total predicted grade expect my art when down and English up. Ended up missing my offer by 1 point out of 45 but my uni took me anyway :smile:
Going to York to study Psychology :biggrin:

I'm sure it will all work out for you :smile: was so relieved when it was over though. How about you? What are you planning to do?
Original post by Fi101
I was a mess before my results as well (mainly due to the exam board screwing us over with our hl physics paper, it was so hard I left half of it blank because I ran out of time...) I got my total predicted grade expect my art when down and English up. Ended up missing my offer by 1 point out of 45 but my uni took me anyway :smile:

I'm sure it will all work out for you :smile: was so relieved when it was over though. How about you? What are you planning to do?

It's just a stressful time :/ it's really difficult to enjoy the holidays when we have to spend so long stressing over our grades :frown: Oh god, I hope that it all worked out at the end for you all! :smile: Oh, well at least it paid off in the end! Ooohhh that sounds like its a good course!

I hope so :smile: Thank you! Oh god yes, the minute you get your results you feel so much better! :biggrin: I'm hoping to do a BA Hons in Primary Teaching.
Reply 2256
It's just a stressful time :/ it's really difficult to enjoy the holidays when we have to spend so long stressing over our grades :frown: Oh god, I hope that it all worked out at the end for you all! :smile: Oh, well at least it paid off in the end! Ooohhh that sounds like its a good course!

I hope so :smile: Thank you! Oh god yes, the minute you get your results you feel so much better! :biggrin: I'm hoping to do a BA Hons in Primary Teaching.

That sounds great as well :smile: so happy that my results day was 6th of July can't imagine waiting a month and a half more. But yes the second you know what you got and where your going you'll feel so much better (I had to wait 2 weeks after results to find out if they would take me but even then I felt better than I did before results)
Original post by Fi101
That sounds great as well :smile: so happy that my results day was 6th of July can't imagine waiting a month and a half more. But yes the second you know what you got and where your going you'll feel so much better (I had to wait 2 weeks after results to find out if they would take me but even then I felt better than I did before results)

Thank you - I've wanted to do it for years, so I'm glad that I have stuck by it! Oh gosh yes that would have been so much better! I hope so, unless I didn't get in, in which case it wont be over :rofl: That is reassuring though, I'm happy that you got what you wanted! :smile:
Reply 2258
Thank you - I've wanted to do it for years, so I'm glad that I have stuck by it! Oh gosh yes that would have been so much better! I hope so, unless I didn't get in, in which case it wont be over :rofl: That is reassuring though, I'm happy that you got what you wanted! :smile:

Really hope you get what you need :smile: I shall be stalking this thread to see if you made it :wink:

I kinda wish I took A levels just because of the big discussions and threads you guys have, I think the IB one was 2 maybe 3 pages long and this was the exam discussion and the results combined :colonhash:
Original post by Fi101

ah pleased to hear you got in anyways :biggrin: have fun, york is a really pretty uni and so is the town

Quick Reply

Latest