The Student Room Group

My close friend blocked me and hung up on me for no reason?

We were really close friends in uni (first year) for months and I did a lot for her and vice versa. I would always go to see her whenever she felt lonely even if I felt very low and we would literally have 8 hour long straight phone calls. Then, after Easter break she started acting a bit off with me. I thought ok maybe it's because it's exam season. But even then she ignored all of my calls and texts that whole period, a simple 'hi' wouldn't kill you or ruin your exam chances. We had discussed girly things before like 'sexual stuff' e.g masturbation, and sorry if this is TMI but one day I sent her a message after I had masturbated and I had really hurt myself. I was worried so I asked her if she knew any solutions on how to treat the pain down there.

Our other mate replied to me just fine and actually helped lead me to seeing a doc and getting treated for an infection! However she blocked my number after that and blocked me on whatsapp. I sent her an apology text a few weeks later off a mutual friend's phone and she didn't reply. Now almost 2 months later I decided to ring her up from no caller ID (since I was blocked) just fo finally sort things out and get some closure. I just wanted to know what I had done for her to do all of this to me and just check she was doing in general.

She picked up and as soon I said "hi it's (my name)" she hung up on me. I'm so confused. Was my TMI message enough to warrant her blocking me and completely cutting off contact with me? :s-smilie: I can't think of anything else I could have done, I was always very nice and helpful to her. I've never talked bad about her behind her back either so it couldn't be that. What is your take on this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
? anyone?
I'm waiting for someone to post a serious reply first before I can crack an inappropriate joke. Come on people...it's itching me crazy
Original post by Kendrik Lamar
I'm waiting for someone to post a serious reply first before I can crack an inappropriate joke. Come on people...it's itching me crazy

pls do it
She used you like a tool.
Original post by Anonymous
We were really close friends in uni (first year) for months and I did a lot for her and vice versa. I would always go to see her whenever she felt lonely even if I felt very low and we would literally have 8 hour long straight phone calls. Then, after Easter break she started acting a bit off with me. I thought ok maybe it's because it's exam season. But even then she ignored all of my calls and texts that whole period, a simple 'hi' wouldn't kill you or ruin your exam chances. We had discussed girly things before like 'sexual stuff' e.g masturbation, and sorry if this is TMI but one day I sent her a message after I had masturbated and I had really hurt myself. I was worried so I asked her if she knew any solutions on how to treat the pain down there.

Our other mate replied to me just fine and actually helped lead me to seeing a doc and getting treated for an infection! However she blocked my number after that and blocked me on whatsapp. I sent her an apology text a few weeks later off a mutual friend's phone and she didn't reply. Now almost 2 months later I decided to ring her up from no caller ID (since I was blocked) just fo finally sort things out and get some closure. I just wanted to know what I had done for her to do all of this to me and just check she was doing in general.

She picked up and as soon I said "hi it's (my name)" she hung up on me. I'm so confused. Was my TMI message enough to warrant her blocking me and completely cutting off contact with me? :s-smilie: I can't think of anything else I could have done, I was always very nice and helpful to her. I've never talked bad about her behind her back either so it couldn't be that. What is your take on this?

Looking at what you've said, I'm actually sitting her baffled.
If she has just completely aired you for 2 months then it's time for you to forget about her, no matter how hard it might be and concentrate on your friends who actually want to talk to you.
I honestly don't see why talking to her about your masturbation incident should cause this attitude especially as you two had already had a sexy conversation before.
And I mean seriously C'monnnn you should be able to all your real friend up and tell them about a problem you are having down there. What are friends for?
Reply 6
Have to admit your text was a bit strange, but if the ladies want to talk about masturbation by all means go ahead. Won't find blokes doing that, unless it's discussing the size of our cocks.

On a serious note, it seems very over the top for her to block you and cut you out after that. Maybe she thinks you're into her? Who knows. Someone who cuts you out like that doesn't deserve to be your friend. You've got to move on, don't look for closure.
Original post by Kre
Won't find blokes doing that, unless it's discussing the size of our cocks.

And even that takes a little excess familiarity

Also, i have had a similar scenario ( I think)
Basically, a friend of mine used to do this thing where for a day she would completely ignore me in every way, I'm talking I would see her in school, go up to her, give her a hug and she wouldn't react, smile, talk to me. And then, the next day, she would like everything was fine and nothing ever happened. I would ask her about it and she would just shrug and change the topic, it was impossible
I know I know It's as baffling as it sounds.
And it wasn't just me she did this to, I was good friends with her literal best friend of 7 years and this behaviour applied to her often too. this best friend told me that this weird attitude didn't surprise her anymore.
This girl in question did the weird, abrupt ignoring thing to me a few more times and then I decided I had had enough.
My reasoning was "What the actual fuuuuuuuu**", you can't just talk to me on days when you feel like it, I don't deserve such BS"
So I just blocked her out of my life completely, I didn't talk to her at allll.
It was a son of a b***h at first especially because we had mutual friends. But it got easier and eventually she lost all relevance in my life. Life went on for like 2 years. We still went to the same school during this time and we still had mutual friends so she was still around but just didn't exist for me emotionally, you feel me?

That's not even the end of the story, Recently, about 10 months ago, she started making more effort to speak to me, By then it had been 2 years as I said and my anger or resentment has dissipated, so when she'd speak to me, I would respond civilly. I spoke to her best friend of 7 years and she told me that the girl has stopped the weird-ass days of ignoring her friends and had changed into a happier human being( thank heavens). Me and said girl got talking again and now we have a friendship again.

Storytime over
Reply 9
Original post by Bright_Gift
If she has just completely aired you for 2 months then it's time for you to forget about her, no matter how hard it might be and concentrate on your friends who actually want to talk to you.
I honestly don't see why talking to her about your masturbation incident should cause this attitude especially as you two had already had a sexy conversation before.
And I mean seriously C'monnnn you should be able to all your real friend up and tell them about a problem you are having down there. What are friends for?

I'm straight and have a boyfriend. She knows that.
Original post by Kre
Have to admit your text was a bit strange, but if the ladies want to talk about masturbation by all means go ahead. Won't find blokes doing that, unless it's discussing the size of our cocks.

On a serious note, it seems very over the top for her to block you and cut you out after that. Maybe she thinks you're into her? Who knows. Someone who cuts you out like that doesn't deserve to be your friend. You've got to move on, don't look for closure.

And even that takes a little excess familiarity

You guys are acting like I was asking her for tips on how to make masturbation feel better for fun, and believe me I've received texts like that from some of my girl mates. It really isn't that serious and it's just girly fun and laughs. Jeez.

I was only asking her anyway on if she knew how I could calm the pain down there. Seems like you don't have any open close friendships.........

where's your joke
can't be having cliff hangers when tsr is in this state m8

Spoiler

People are strange. She will have a completely different version, but she isnt goloing to tell you and contacting her will just prove to her she is right.

The only way to find out is through a mutual friend. She may not wnat anything to do with you any more. It may have been the message, it could have been other things. I would just move on.
I'm straight and have a boyfriend. She knows that.

By "sexy conversation, I meant conversation about masturbation and stuff. was just too lazy to write it all down initially:biggrin:

As Aforementioned by another person on this thread, you don't deserve that treatment mate. Definitely, don't take it as a reflection of you or anything like that. She's the one with the problem
Original post by Bright_Gift

Exactly!
Reply 15
I've got a best friend who likes to play the spontaneous ignoring game too. Maybe she'll come around eventually, but it doesn't seem like it's your problem - the timing could be total coincidence
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
where's your joke
can't be having cliff hangers when tsr is in this state

Don't want probs with the mods
Don't want probs with the mods

urgh
I waited for this
urgh :colonhash:

It feels a bit rubbish to think someone who you shared stuff with is no longer there to help you. It's like you have a problem but you can't share it cause they are not there to help so you don't know what to do, you feel a bit lost.
It feels a bit rubbish when previously she could shares personal info with you and be really close to tell you but suddenly she can't face you to tell you something like why she blocked you so you are left hanging wondering 'why me, what have I done wrong.' Because you think if they were honest and reliable you at the start you thought she might have the heart tell you,yes?
People are strange arnt they , it proberly isn't your fault. Is there any way of meeting her? Hate it also when people tell you to move on but reality is that you can never truly forget about them espically since you were quite close.
It feels a bit rubbish to think someone who you shared stuff with is no longer there to help you. It's like you have a problem but you can't share it cause they are not there to help so you don't know what to do, you feel a bit lost.
It feels a bit rubbish when previously she could shares personal info with you and be really close to tell you but suddenly she can't face you to tell you something like why she blocked you so you are left hanging wondering 'why me, what have I done wrong.' Because you think if they were honest and reliable you at the start you thought she might have the heart tell you,yes?
People are strange arnt they , it proberly isn't your fault. Is there any way of meeting her? Hate it also when people tell you to move on but reality is that you can never truly forget about them espically since you were quite close.

Yeah I know and there's no way of me meeting her this summer. I genuinely don't know why she doesn't want anything to do with me anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest