The Student Room Group

Does this make me 'easy'?

I'm a 23 year-old girl who's single, and there is a guy i've hooked up with a few times.

Neither of us wanted a long-distance relationship, but we were attracted to each other, so we agreed to casually see each other a little.

We both wanted to do it, and both of us were single, but when I told a couple of friends, they were a little judgmental.

One of them said behind my back that she didn't know I was 'like that' and said I shouldn't 'give men whatever they want'. etc.

I have been with less than 5 guys, and 2 of them were long-term relationships.

We have used protection, have both been single and I don't think we are harming anybody.

Is there anything wrong with what I'm doing? I feel like there is some kind of taboo attached to women admitting they want to have sex, and to doing it with someone they aren't in a relationship with.

Scroll to see replies

it sounds like your friends are jealous of you getting action, don't take their sh*t and keep up the good work
Original post by Mayhem™
it sounds like your friends are jealous of you getting action, don't take their sh*t and keep up the good work

:lolwut:
Yes you seem pretty easy
Reply 4
Original post by neal95
Yes you seem pretty easy

Ok, may I ask why?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 23 year-old girl who's single, and there is a guy i've hooked up with a few times.

Neither of us wanted a long-distance relationship, but we were attracted to each other, so we agreed to casually see each other a little.

We both wanted to do it, and both of us were single, but when I told a couple of friends, they were a little judgmental.

One of them said behind my back that she didn't know I was 'like that' and said I shouldn't 'give men whatever they want'. etc.

We have used protection, have both been single and I don't think we are harming anybody.

Is there anything wrong with what I'm doing? I feel like there is some kind of taboo attached to women admitting they want to have sex, and to doing it with someone they aren't in a relationship with.

They aren't your friends
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:lolwut:

what's wrong with casual sex?

Nothing wrong with that at all. It's normal. Your friends are just being overly judgmental for no reason and perhaps jealous.
Ok, may I ask why?

It's good for guys trust me we like it when women are upfront and direct with their intentions, it saves a lot of ****. I just think "easy" in this sense means you are on the same wavelength and are happy to oblige and not playing hard to get in the traditional sense
Reply 9
I don't see the issue considering your both single and clearly have a ' connection ' as long as you're both happy with your situation then it's all good and don't worry what your mates think. They probably just wish they had someone to meet up with as well .
Original post by Hamo2509
They aren't your friends

This.
Original post by Mayhem™
what's wrong with casual sex?

nothing
just "keep up the good work"
you a client or soming m8?
Reply 12
You're an adult... Single... having protected (I hope) sex... No you're not 'easy', you're exercising your freedom. This isn't 1950!
Your so-called friends aren't friends for judging you like that...probably only doing so because they can't get none!

However for future advice...Keep your sex life to yourself. None of your friend's business who you hook up with. Loads of people only use that information to blackmail you or throw it back in your face at a later date anyways. Be more confidential with your personal life.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
nothing
just "keep up the good work"
you a client or soming m8?

Haha i wasn't the only one that thought that was odd
Original post by Mrs House
Haha i wasn't the only one that thought that was odd

thank goodness :fan:
Reply 15
Girls are often the worst 'slut shamers' it would seem
Ignore your friends. They're just jelly.:teehee: Nothing wrong whatsoever with what you're doing.
Reply 17
It's up to you, no one else. The fact that it's the same guy makes me question why there's any issue at all. I mean, if it was different guys, I could imagine people getting critical - but it would still be your business anyway. If you're confident enough, you could ask why they think there's a problem with it
who cares? I'm easy as well - does that define who I am or something?
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Ignore your friends. They're just jelly.:teehee: Nothing wrong whatsoever with what you're doing.
Spoken from a woman who knows best on this topic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending