The Student Room Group

Question for car owners

Just a poll, how many of you people are actually bothered to get up and fill up your car with petrol when you need it?
mate, the real question is...How the hell do yall afford insurance?im 17 , insurance for me is like £10,000
Reply 2
Original post by Zubair1997
Just a poll, how many of you people are actually bothered to get up and fill up your car with petrol when you need it?

I need it for work so I have to
Original post by Zubair1997

Everyone who doesn't break down because they've run out of petrol?
Original post by money-for-all
mate, the real question is...How the hell do yall afford insurance?im 17 , insurance for me is like £10,000

I'm 21 the car I have currently would be £12,000 a year to insure for me to drive it but I got a part-time chauffeur for £10,000 a year and i pay the £500 insurance so it is cheaper to do it that way

Spoiler

Original post by jamesthehustler
I'm 21 the car I have currently would be £12,000 a year to insure for me to drive it but I got a part-time chauffeur for £10,000 a year and i pay the £500 insurance so it is cheaper to do it that way

Spoiler

You don't seem to be aware how tacky/common it sounds to try and brag about money. Prime example of 'new money'.
Original post by milliemogs
You don't seem to be aware how tacky/common it sounds to try and brag about money. Prime example of 'new money'.

I know it tacky and I am definitely new money so I embrace everything new money stands for
bragging and expensive stuff maybe I will change in time but i don't see it being before I'm 30
but I am not going to drop £12k on a years insurance when there's a cheaper way to do it
that £1500 is a case of crystal and a bottle of vintage cognac
when you hit £30,000 in one go in cash unexpectedly have have no idea how to store you do go a little bit off the rails
so I embrace everything new money stands for

when you hit £30,000 in one go in cash unexpectedly have have no idea how to store you do go a little bit off the rails

Oh dear, as if anyone would want to be known for that kind of behaviour.

Go out and enjoy your money instead of sitting on a student forum bragging, it makes you sound like a loser, especially as half the people here don't believe you.

My parents actually brought me up to respect people and value the money we have.
If I make a lump sum like that outside of my normal salary then I pay a chunk of my mortgage off, because I actually have a brain and was taught some sense.
(edited 7 years ago)

My parents actually brought me up to respect people and value the money we have.
If I make a lump sum like that outside of my normal salary then I pay a chunk of my mortgage off, because I actually have a brain and was taught some sense.

I do respect people and I value money hence why I bought things that are useful
as for the lump sum I couldn't keep it and i don't have a salary so I can risk losing out trapped in a mortgage I can't afford
I'll buy outright when the time comes and now your sounding bitter that I'm a lucky opportunist rather than a part of the humdrum 9-5 set up the new world order wants us to follow
Of course!
No petrol = No driving
No driving = Boredom for me!

Advice: Never be tight with petrol! Drive how you wanna drive and enjoy it!
Its annoying hearing people moan about the cost of petrol! Its super cheap if you look at it!
£1.07 a litre now! Water is around a pound per litre, just under.
And you look at coke or Pepsi, thats £1.20 for half a litre!
The only reason petrol sees expensive is becsuse you buy lots of it at once!
Its not expensive!
Rant over!
Reply 10
Original post by FireFreezer77
Of course!
No petrol = No driving
No driving = Boredom for me!

Advice: Never be tight with petrol! Drive how you wanna drive and enjoy it!
Its annoying hearing people moan about the cost of petrol! Its super cheap if you look at it!
£1.07 a litre now! Water is around a pound per litre, just under.
And you look at coke or Pepsi, thats £1.20 for half a litre!
The only reason petrol sees expensive is becsuse you buy lots of it at once!
Its not expensive!
Rant over!

Zubair973kg

What if petrol came to you instead of you going to the petrol station?
I do respect people and I value money hence why I bought things that are useful
as for the lump sum I couldn't keep it and i don't have a salary so I can risk losing out trapped in a mortgage I can't afford
I'll buy outright when the time comes and now your sounding bitter that I'm a lucky opportunist rather than a part of the humdrum 9-5 set up the new world order wants us to follow

Trust me there is no need for me to be bitter, you wouldn't know that though because I don't post my bank balance/car values/house values/investments online because it is completely unnecessary.
Trust me there is no need for me to be bitter, you wouldn't know that though because I don't post my bank balance/car values/house values/investments online because it is completely unnecessary.

house value haha it sitting a rented carbuncle that I would want to be paid to take away from a buyer
my investments are more in an advisory role to tell people what I did and that sort of thing
I don't post my bank balance as that the quickest way to get killed
and my car is a car I'd only advise simeone else to buy as it affordable
think I've proved the nessessity
house value haha it sitting a rented carbuncle that I would want to be paid to take away from a buyer
my investments are more in an advisory role to tell people what I did and that sort of thing
I don't post my bank balance as that the quickest way to get killed
and my car is a car I'd only advise simeone else to buy as it affordable
think I've proved the nessessity

Yeah the zone 2 flat that I currently rent out for nearly 3 times the mortgage repayments is doing me just fine, I think I'll hold on to that one a while longer.
Yeah the zone 2 flat that I currently rent out for nearly 3 times the mortgage repayments is doing me just fine, I think I'll hold on to that one a while longer.

I'm not a property guy I'd buy property for personal use as i can more long term safety in the metals market so that where I put my long term savings

The non-existent conspiracy theory invention wants us to slave away in 9-5 jobs? Oh dear.
Original post by Ethereal
The non-existent conspiracy theory invention wants us to slave away in 9-5 jobs? Oh dear.

well I'll stick with gold and guns
when the war comes
well I'll stick with gold and guns
when the war comes

good for you
I use it as an excuse to go out for a drive without actually needing to go anywhere. I can just chuck on some comfy clothes, pay at the pump and come straight home :biggrin: Though I never let my petrol get low, never know when I might need to make an impromptu journey that might be out of the way of any petrol stations. I never really let my tank drop below (an estimated) 50 miles.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending