The Student Room Group

What do people think of the labour leadership debate going on at the moment?

Personally, It's making me cringe.
It's a comedy.
Reply 2
It seems pointless
Vote Green for a real alternative.
Reply 4
So obvious that Corbyn will win.
Corbyn will win.
Good for the Conservatives.
Bad for state of UK politics as a whole as Labour remains unelectable to the majority of people out there.
Corbyn will win fairly comfortably.

Labour won't split and will live an uncomfortable existence for the next few years while they pretend that this never happened.

Young people will continue to spam on social media how Corbyn is the only one who can bring about 'change' and make society 'fair' and how he will invest £500 billion into the economy from the Tooth Fairy's slush fund.

Labour will get thrashed again by the Conservatives in England, the SNP in Scotland and UKIP (stealing voteshare but not seats) at the next general election in 2020.

Labour will have another leadership crisis but Corbyn will probably get reelected again at the age of 71.

All quite funny really.
Reply 7
Owen Smith is a joke and he won't win. Pretty much no point in it.
Neither should lead Labour really, for the sake of the party.

But yeah, as a convervative I'm happyfor Corbyn to stay.
Original post by MildredMalone
Neither should lead Labour really, for the sake of the party.

But yeah, as a convervative I'm happyfor Corbyn to stay.

Even if he doesn't win a General Election, I think Owen Smith can at least save them from oblivion.
I just want Corbyn to win.
Owen Smith is very forgettable and not an inspiring leader but Jeremy Corbyn is dangerously incompetent. He seems incapable of working with people he disagrees with, has no meaningful policy after a year in post, is not holding the government to account, is presiding over a horrific decline in his parties popularity and has shown himself incapable of spreading his message beyond its urban cosmopolitan and usually quite privileged base.

We have mothers going hungry to feed their children and he's bickering over what logo we put on the side of a train. Seriously, priorities...*
Original post by JamesN88
Even if he doesn't win a General Election, I think Owen Smith can at least save them from oblivion.
this. Neither will win, but right now labour need to reconsider what success can look like.
Original post by Llamageddon
this. Neither will win, but right now labour need to reconsider what success can look like.

I hate to admit it but I agree. Just being a credible opposition that are perceived as being competent would be a massive improvement as things stand.
Original post by Tempest II
Corbyn will win.
Good for the Conservatives.
Bad for state of UK politics as a whole as Labour remains unelectable to the majority of people out there.

For the sake of good Government we need a strong viable opposition. The only good to come out of all this is that people will see that any party with Corbyn, the absolutely horrid McDonnell and that odious Abbott just isn't electable.
Jeremy Corbyn and his mob are basically nailing on a Conservative landslide in 2020, to the extent that the Labour Party might cease to exist in anything but a notional form.
Original post by meenu89
For the sake of good Government we need a strong viable opposition. The only good to come out of all this is that people will see that any party with Corbyn, the absolutely horrid McDonnell and that odious Abbott just isn't electable.

The conservatives aren't fit to be called as such, many are pro-Eu and other such things that are generally left wing political endeavors, they are the center left's official representation in everything but name in my opinion, Corbyn and such are far left wing.

UKIP should be the center right's representation and the proper heir to the throne of political balance, with the far right wing being BNP.

In the greatest political ploy, that is coming to an end, the far left controlled the narrative on the political spectrum and portrayed mass immigration from the middle East, Africa and Europe as center left policies for years, Labour are far Left wing, it's closer to communism than liberal. Just look at the challenge for power happening, it's not about the party or policies, it's about servitude to their 'great leaders'. 'Corbynites' vs 'Blarites'
It was literally like "Antisemitism is bad" and the audience erupted in cheering as if it isn't obvious.
Original post by JamesN88

Even though I'm conservative, I want there to be a decent left presence in UK politics. While Smith is better, neither are good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending