Reply 580
Original post by RDKGames
Correct.

How about this? I know I did it wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
How about this? I know I did it wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

AJF is an isosceles triangle, and the angle at J is the interior angle of the pentagon. Use colours if it makes it easier for you with the haxagon and pentagon. Within the isosceles triangle, the two other ones are equal. So now you can shift your focus on the angle at A. You found the interior of the hexagon so you can use this to work out the angle BAJ. This is very similar to that double pentagon question.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 582
AJF is an isosceles triangle, and the angle at J is the interior angle of the pentagon. Use colours if it makes it easier for you with the haxagon and pentagon. Within the isosceles triangle, the two other ones are equal. So now you can shift your focus on the angle at A. You found the interior of the hexagon so you can use this to work out the angle BAJ. This is very similar to that double pentagon question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep you got that angle of 36, you can now use this to work out the angle BAJ. Remember, BAJ does not mean you must find and state the angles at B, A and J.
Reply 585
Yep you got that angle of 36, you can now use this to work out the angle BAJ. Remember, BAJ does not mean you must find and state the angles at B, A and J.

Oh? How do I find baj?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Oh? How do I find baj?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's this angle here that I've marked in red. When you see something like 'angle ABC' imagine yourself starting at A, going to B and then going to C; and this angle at B between the paths AB and BC is what is referred to as 'angle ABC'.

You can see that the angle from the isosceles triangle, along with the red angle BAJ, make up the interior angle of the hexagon.

Hexapentagon.PNG
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by z_o_e
Oh? How do I find baj?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could do180 - angle JAH or the interior angle of a regular hexagon - angle JAF
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 34908seikj
You could do180 - angle JAH or the interior angle of a regular hexagon - angle JAF

does it say BAH lies on a striaght line? if not I dont think you can 180- JAH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 34908seikj

You would have to prove that BAH is a straight line for that (spoilers: it isn't). And the second one is what I'm trying to get her to do, so keep those spoilers to yourself :wink:
Reply 590
You would have to prove that BAH is a straight line for that (spoilers: it isn't). And the second one is what I'm trying to get her to do, so keep those spoilers to yourself :wink:

I got 84 degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
I got 84 degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep.
Reply 593
I could do area of packet and area of container.

The total of packet ÷ by area of container?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
I could do area of packet and area of container.

The total of packet ÷ by area of container?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly; it's the volume that we are talking about, not the area.
Secondly; the calculation should be the other way around because we want to know how many packets go into the container, so we are dividing the volume of the container INTO the volume of each packet.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 595
Firstly; it's the volume that we are talking about, not the area.
Secondly; the calculation should be the other way around because we want to know how many packets go into the container, so we are dividing the volume of the container BY the volume of each packet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Volume of container / volume of each packet. Be careful of units though.

Correct volumes, but units have to be the same in order to do operations with them.
Reply 598
Original post by B_9710
Volume of container / volume of each packet. Be careful of units though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 599
Correct volumes, but units have to be the same in order to do operations with them.

Yepp changed them to CM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest