The Student Room Group

Are courses full up?

Hello!
I would like to apply to courses of mathematics or natural sciences, and I would like to ask you guys if the top courses are full up, and how hard it is to get into these courses/get pass selection. By top courses I mean top 5 or so.
Thank you!
Reply 1
top 5 unis are very unlikely to be in clearing....

check the clearing lists now to see which courses are available but bare in mind that these will change before results day.

places like oxbridge, durham , ucl ect aren't gonna have places available so maybe consider other less ranked but still great unis

UCAS search tool is here
http://search.ucas.com

mathematics places going are currently

Kings college
southampton
leeds
exeter
york
liverpool
sheffield
kent
keele
lancaster

ect
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 2.718282
Hello!
I would like to apply to courses of mathematics or natural sciences, and I would like to ask you guys if the top courses are full up, and how hard it is to get into these courses/get pass selection. By top courses I mean top 5 or so.
Thank you!

Have you applied for 2016 entry?
Are you considering 2017 entry?
What do you mean by 'full up'?
Do you mean are they in clearing?
By top courses do you mean top universities?
What do you mean by how hard is it to get into these courses? (Are you referring to entry requirements?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Sacred Ground
Have you applied for 2016 entry?
Are you considering 2017 entry?
What do you mean by 'full up'?
Do you mean are they in clearing?
By top courses do you mean top universities?
What do you mean by how hard is it to get into these courses? (Are you referring to entry requirements?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea, I wasn't precise enough. Yes, I am looking to start in 2017, and by full up courses I mean courses that have so many applicants, that they are near impossible to get into. And mostly yes, the top courses are in top universities.
And as I am from the continent, I don't really know how application works here (back home we have a point system, and whoever scores more out of 500 points is accepted into the course.)
Reply 4
Original post by 2.718282
Yea, I wasn't precise enough. Yes, I am looking to start in 2017, and by full up courses I mean courses that have so many applicants, that they are near impossible to get into. And mostly yes, the top courses are in top universities.
And as I am from the continent, I don't really know how application works here (back home we have a point system, and whoever scores more out of 500 points is accepted into the course.)

For 2017 entry, if you are likely to achieve the entry requirements for a specific course at a specific university you are likely to get an offer. The only real exceptions are Oxbridge, and to a lesser extent Imperial, where you have additional steps to take (ie admissions tests and interviews).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply