The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smegsxo
I got a C overall so not bad :biggrin:

aye well done :biggrin:
Reply 2341
Original post by fefssdf
yep that is what I'm going to do cause i look at unis at clearing and nothing really interests me like the only place i could go is york but the course itself in terms of modules looks awful like tonnes of physics and even though the uni is great i can't pick the uni if the course is totally not what i want... i will have to take a gap year and tbh i am considering changing subjects cause i want to go into teaching so it doesnt matter that much like i just need a degree at the end of the day so idk really

Out of interest where are you looking at the York modules, having just looked (what you kept saying intreuged me) I can only see 1 physics module in the first year at York and that's it as opposed to at least 2 in Nottingham's
Reply 2342
Original post by smegsxo
Last year I got a U in my biology coursework (8 out of 50 odd marks) so just have a laugh at that if you ever feel down...I certainly did last year!:tongue: so glad I dropped it

Original post by fefssdf
hahah biology is such a joke of an A-level i got a U in the Jan mocks and dropped it and i know of at least 5 people who got an E in AS last year lmao

My schools AS coursework got moderated down so I ended up with a C on that, but for everyone that continued to A2 we got a chance to resubmit (essentially in the hopes we'd get a different moderator) so I don't actually know exactly what I got now

But yeah quite a few people got low bio grades last year - the two friends I had doing bio got an E and a U, and I was the only one of the three of us who continued with it

Original post by fefssdf
yep that is what I'm going to do cause i look at unis at clearing and nothing really interests me like the only place i could go is york but the course itself in terms of modules looks awful like tonnes of physics and even though the uni is great i can't pick the uni if the course is totally not what i want... i will have to take a gap year and tbh i am considering changing subjects cause i want to go into teaching so it doesnt matter that much like i just need a degree at the end of the day so idk really

ah right, yeah I wouldn't go to the uni unless I liked the course tbh no matter how much the uni appealed to me. What other course would you do, do you know?
Original post by BB8
My schools AS coursework got moderated down so I ended up with a C on that, but for everyone that continued to A2 we got a chance to resubmit (essentially in the hopes we'd get a different moderator) so I don't actually know exactly what I got now

But yeah quite a few people got low bio grades last year - the two friends I had doing bio got an E and a U, and I was the only one of the three of us who continued with it

ah right, yeah I wouldn't go to the uni unless I liked the course tbh no matter how much the uni appealed to me. What other course would you do, do you know?

psychology or joint honours like psychology with maths but hardly anywhere offers this... so probably just psychology on its own. it was my best subject at A-level and its obviously really interesting so i feel like it would be quite non stressful and fun and i would be able to get a decent grade without trying that hard like compared to other subjects at least IMO
Original post by fefssdf
my insurance wants A*AB and my firm wants AAA so it is kinda higher given my insurance wants an A* lmao but someone in my year put their firm as AAB as their insurance as AAA so you're not the only one and oh so you put notts as your firm as well ? what halls do you have cause i have sherwood as my offer and i really can't wait to hopefully move in

I'm in Raleigh Park because my lectures are at Jubilee. You in the notts whatsapp group chat?

EDIT: Just realised you do 2/3 of my subjects
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2345
Original post by fefssdf
psychology or joint honours like psychology with maths but hardly anywhere offers this... so probably just psychology on its own. it was my best subject at A-level and its obviously really interesting so i feel like it would be quite non stressful and fun and i would be able to get a decent grade without trying that hard like compared to other subjects at least IMO

Psychology does look interesting yeah, I think it was actually my backup A level in case the blocks didn't work out so I could take the four I wanted. But tbh I wouldn't expect any degree to be easy really, although I do get what you mean
Original post by retardis
I'm in Raleigh Park because my lectures are at Jubilee. You in the notts whatsapp group chat?

oooh nope im not ! please tell me the details for it in the DM'S ... i didn't know there even was one haha !! and oh right yeh makes sense and you'll save money too !
Original post by BB8
Psychology does look interesting yeah, I think it was actually my backup A level in case the blocks didn't work out so I could take the four I wanted. But tbh I wouldn't expect any degree to be easy really, although I do get what you mean

my current choice is maths but i know that will be very demanding so psychology seems easy when i look at it that way and tbh if maths is too hard i will deffo consider swapping lol... i need to sort my life out lol
Original post by Elastichedgehog
I don't suppose anyone else here is on the WJEC spec ^.^

I did psychology on wjec

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gonna get my all nighter practice tonight watching the open ceremony in preparation for results day eve :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't want to burst your bubble but psychology at degree level is not easy - not as straightforward as A level!
Original post by fefssdf
my current choice is maths but i know that will be very demanding so psychology seems easy when i look at it that way and tbh if maths is too hard i will deffo consider swapping lol... i need to sort my life out lol
Just asked my firm to release me in the hopes that then all I'll have to do on Results Day is phone Bournemouth 🙄
Original post by AmyPilot
Don't want to burst your bubble but psychology at degree level is not easy - not as straightforward as A level!

Are you doing a psychology degree? I'm super excited at the idea of studying psych at a higher level 😆.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sort of lol. I have just finished 2nd year of a joint honours degree with psychology being one of the subjects - this year has predominantly been psychology based (3 out of 4 of the modules).
Original post by Elle_w
Are you doing a psychology degree? I'm super excited at the idea of studying psych at a higher level 😆.

Posted from TSR Mobile

but compared to maths i feel it would be a lot easier !
Sort of lol. I have just finished 2nd year of a joint honours degree with psychology being one of the subjects - this year has predominantly been psychology based (3 out of 4 of the modules).

I found psychology to be too simple at A level, some theories just didn't make sense to me with the information we were given. I'm hoping it will be much more complex at uni ☺️.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I am rubbish at maths so couldn't begin to compare - it's just that psychology (or any other similar course) at uni is a different kettle of fish compared to A2. No more spoon feeding of all the details you need, no mark schemes, few past papers to study etc etc (even though this was not how I studied for my A2s). Not wanting to put you (or anyone) down but it is quite a learning curve you go through at uni to get decent grades - done 2 years and still befuddled at times lol :colondollar:
Original post by fefssdf
but compared to maths i feel it would be a lot easier !
Well I am rubbish at maths so couldn't begin to compare - it's just that psychology (or any other similar course) at uni is a different kettle of fish compared to A2. No more spoon feeding of all the details you need, no mark schemes, few past papers to study etc etc (even though this was not how I studied for my A2s). Not wanting to put you (or anyone) down but it is quite a learning curve you go through at uni to get decent grades - done 2 years and still befuddled at times lol :colondollar:

thanks for the insight !
Some bits are very interesting - particularly enjoyed cognitive and neuropsychology. Are you going to uni this time? If so where you heading/what do you need grade wise?
Original post by Elle_w
I found psychology to be too simple at A level, some theories just didn't make sense to me with the information we were given. I'm hoping it will be much more complex at uni ☺️.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some bits are very interesting - particularly enjoyed cognitive and neuropsychology. Are you going to uni this time? If so where you heading/what do you need grade wise?

I'm hoping to get into Winchester, they want 300 ucas points so ideally I want to get an A* in psych, B in biology and C in chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest