The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

McCormack is as good as it gets in the Championship will be stunned if he doesn't score 20 goals (injury permitting ofc)
Now there's something in the telegraph about Leeds going for Lescott, that will be a weight off our shoulders if he does go.
Original post by Rock Fan
Now there's something in the telegraph about Leeds going for Lescott, that will be a weight off our shoulders if he does go.

Good riddance the guys attitude stinks and he turns like an oil tanker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just need him and Richards off the wage bill and we will be sitting pretty with the squad shaping up nicely, provided we get a few more in of course
Original post by neal95
Just need him and Richards off the wage bill and we will be sitting pretty with the squad shaping up nicely, provided we get a few more in of course

Richards is maybe the only one of the trouble makers worth keeping

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Richards is maybe the only one of the trouble makers worth keeping

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wouldn't be averse to keeping him but really if we had an acceptable offer I would take it. would also try and move him to right back because although he has the build to be a centre back he was pretty abysmal last season and not disciplined enough. I also associate him with the whole dismal sinking ship of last year.
Original post by neal95
i wouldn't be averse to keeping him but really if we had an acceptable offer I would take it. would also try and move him to right back because although he has the build to be a centre back he was pretty abysmal last season and not disciplined enough. I also associate him with the whole dismal sinking ship of last year.

Yea physically he is perfect for a centre back but he goes forward too often and doesn't seem to have a great reading of the game and therefore positional sense.

Those weakness' are ok at wing back or maybe even full back especially with his pace to get him out of trouble.

Overall I think we are pretty weak. I don't see a very balanced team right now as its mostly last years team

Posted from TSR Mobile
RDM has confirmed that we have 3 bids out for players right now
I reckon they are; Abel Hernandez, Mile jedinak, and ravel Morrison. Pretty confident we will get at least one of those. Jedinak is an absolute beast who we need in the center of the park. He will provide a lot of steel in the center and can be pretty offensively minded in regards to passing forward. There was also some talk on Twitter of us potentially signing muntari on a free. He was a beast back in 08!
Original post by neal95
I reckon they are; Abel Hernandez, Mile jedinak, and ravel Morrison. Pretty confident we will get at least one of those. Jedinak is an absolute beast who we need in the center of the park. He will provide a lot of steel in the center and can be pretty offensively minded in regards to passing forward. There was also some talk on Twitter of us potentially signing muntari on a free. He was a beast back in 08!

Yea but that was 8 years ago!

I saw the hernandez link and Morrison link but not the other.

I still think we need to buy 4/5 players and get rid of more than that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure about anything else about Aston Villa but it's a football club in Aston and the colours are blue and purple ish and I went past in the car yesterday 👌🏼
Original post by paul514
Yea but that was 8 years ago!

I saw the hernandez link and Morrison link but not the other.

I still think we need to buy 4/5 players and get rid of more than that

Posted from TSR Mobile

True but I would take him on a free even if he is older than 31 :P he can't be on much.....Sinclair is apparently in Scotland for a medical at Celtic park
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Not sure about anything else about Aston Villa but it's a football club in Aston and the colours are blue and purple ish and I went past in the car yesterday 👌🏼

Claret and blue and pride of the Midlands, all you need to know :smile:
Original post by neal95

lol ☺️👍🏼 that's about all I know but yup! Btw I don't think the blues fans would be happy about the second bit lol 😂 My school prom was in the blues stadium opposite morrisons lol 💖
lol ☺️👍🏼 that's about all I know but yup! Btw I don't think the blues fans would be happy about the second bit lol 😂 My school prom was in the blues stadium opposite morrisons lol 💖

Oooh God poor you 😂😂 should have boycotted it
Original post by neal95
Oooh God poor you 😂😂 should have boycotted it

I didn't go lol 😂 I just go past the stadium every time I go morrisons 😜
Original post by neal95

Btw I don't think the blues fans would be happy about the second bit

Blues aren't even the pride of that street, not with the Morrisons there :lol:
Not going to chance going the pub today as our fixture clashes with the charity shield or whatever it's new name is lol. They have multiple screens but I reckon there will be no appetite for a championship game unfortunately so will just stream it. In other words, Sinclair has signed for Celtic on a 4 year deal
I finish work in time to get home for the game, so I'll watch it there. Rotherham ticket came yesterday. Looking forward to this season!*

:undefined:laugh

Quick Reply

Latest