The Student Room Group

BLM protestors block entry to Heathrow and Birmingham airports

Scroll to see replies

Original post by viffer
You should change your username to 10 out of 10 marina for that response :smile:

Bang on

Hey, thank you ^^
Original post by Wired_1800
If you have "hatred" for people of ethnic minorities because of what a handful of people did. I'm afraid, but you have a problem.

How would you say "If you have hatred for the Police because of what a handful did. I'm afraid you have a problem" stacks up against your own comment above.

Tarring every Police Officer with the 'racist Black person murderer' brush kind of undermines your BLM campaign argument Shirley.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 102
If you have "hatred" for people of ethnic minorities because of what a handful of people did. I'm afraid, but you have a problem.

No I am merely pointing out that these people are protesting over nothing yet hundreds of people have missed flights and jobs and job interviews. because of one selfish arrogant minority group protesting about a gang member who was shot by police 5 years ago. I am saying that they are encouraging people to dislike them with these needless pointless actions. They are not a solution to racism they are a cause.

I will give you an example.
You are a hard working man/woman. You work 9-5 every week day of the year except Christmas day and a week holiday in the middle. A selfish and arrogant group complaining about the death of a man from 5 years ago block the road and you can't get to the airport. You miss that plane taking you on holiday. And just like that your week long break is gone. You can't get your money back, you just get to sit at home for a week. Who's fault is it? Who do you blame for it? Who will you complain about to your friends?
A complaint leads to another, leads to yet more ammo in the racism train.
Now I am not a racist and I understand what was wrong, but that was 5 years ago, 5 years later they're destroying people's holidays and get-aways to remember the death of a criminal at the hands of the police.
Are you saying you'd forgive them without question and support the cause?
No.
They are creating their own enemies through their actions, then they will cry racism when these enemies have had enough of their arrogant stupidity.
Original post by viffer
How would you say "If you have hatred for the Police because of what a handful did. I'm afraid you have a problem" stack up against your own comment above. Tarring every Police Officer with the 'racist Black murderer' brush kind of undermines your argument Shirley.

Of course not. I hope you don't believe it.

The majority of the campaign is about institutionalised discrimination or racism. It is not just a bunch of coppers in one tiny city. Black people (and other ethnic minorities) are often targeted. All you need to do is do some research and then you will understand.

You cannot argue that everything is perfect. Things are beyond perfect. The problem is that some people cannot really relate to some problems faced by groups. Just like how some men cannot relate to women rights.
Original post by BobSausage
No I am merely pointing out that these people are protesting over nothing yet hundreds of people have missed flights and jobs and job interviews. because of one selfish arrogant minority group protesting about a gang member who was shot by police 5 years ago. I am saying that they are encouraging people to dislike them with these needless pointless actions. They are not a solution to racism they are a cause.

You are a hard working man/woman. You work 9-5 every week day of the year except Christmas day and a week holiday in the middle. A selfish and arrogant group complaining about the death of a man from 5 years ago block the road and you can't get to the airport. You miss that plane taking you on holiday. And just like that your week long break is gone. You can't get your money back, you just get to sit at home for a week. Who's fault is it? Who do you blame for it? Who will you complain about to your friends?
Now I am not a racist and I understand what was wrong, but that was 5 years ago, 5 years later they're destroying people's holidays and get-aways to remember the death of a criminal at the hands of the police.
No.
They are creating their own enemies through their actions, then they will cry racism when these enemies have had enough of their arrogant stupidity.

Like I have written on many occassions on this thread. I DON'T support the actions of those BLM supporters, who blocked the roads at Heathrow.

What I support is the wider idea that black lives matter.
Original post by viffer
You see, this is a good example of where self-righteous people make themselves look silly. They jump on any post(er) that seemingly questions 'the cause' and labels them a racist.

In the post I've quoted you've made several sensible points that you did not make before and now come across as fairly reasonable.

Well done. Better late than never I suppose

I think you need to re-read the whole thread and then you will understand my position on this.

This thread had posters arguing that discrimination against black people or other ethnic minorities is non-existent.
Okay.

The guy (or girl) has no proof to support his/her delusion.
(edited 7 years ago)
Of course not. I hope you don't believe it.

The majority of the campaign is about institutionalised discrimination or racism.

But if the Police Force is the Institution concerned then by its very nature you ARE tarring every officer with the same brush.

Look, I do get the point you are making but as the many responses to your comments show you are not doing a very good job of getting them across.

Some Police Officers clearly don't like Black people and the evidence is there to show that an overwhelming minority over step the mark in using the power being in law enforcement gives them. That is not in dispute. However I'd add two general but important points

1) The BLM campaign needs to get it's act together in how it tries to address that problem

2) I repeat ......
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post66533882

The issues in Point 2 seem to be (conveniently?) overlooked/ignored by BLM supporters.

The Black Community could go a very long way to win the hearts and minds of the Police and the wider community by getting its own act together.

It is not always somebody else's fault !!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 108
Like I have written on many occassions on this thread. I DON'T support the actions of those BLM supporters, who blocked the roads at Heathrow.

What I support is the wider idea that black lives matter.

And my point is BLM UK, is a pointless organisation causing stress an strife without fair and meaningful justification. And that it as an organisation should be shut down (BLMUK not BLM). BLM US where black people are regularly murdered by police without just cause, I can understand but over here it is just nonsense.
Original post by F.Nietzsche
The guy (or girl) has no proof to support his/her delusion.
What a sad place to be.:cry2:

I am deluded that I support the campaign of Black Lives Matter, which recognises the institutionalised racism against black people?

That is fine.
Reply 110
Its just a prank bro
Original post by viffer
But if the Police Force is the Institution concerned then by its very nature you ARE tarring every officer with the same brush.

Look, I get the point the you are making but as the many responses to your comments show you are not doing a very good job of making it.

A few Police Officers clearly don't like Black people and the evidence is there to show that they over step the mark in using the power being in law enforcement gives them. That is not in dispute.

However I'd add two general points

1) The BLM campaign needs to get it's act together in how it is going to try and address that problem

2) I repeat ......
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post66533882

The issues in Point 2 seem to be (conveniently?) overlooked/ignored by BLM supporters.

The Black Community could go a very long way to win the hearts and minds of the Police and the wider community by getting its own act together.

It is not always somebody else's fault !!!

Okay. Thank you.
And my point is BLM UK, is a pointless organisation causing stress an strife without fair and meaningful justification. And that it as an organisation should be shut down (BLMUK not BLM). BLM US where black people are regularly murdered by police without just cause, I can understand but over here it is just nonsense.

Okay. Thank you.

No.

My opinion here is that I support people's rights and freedoms, including that of black people, but I do not support BLM. Aims yes, methods no.

I'd join a peaceful, non disruptive protest for equality but I'd happily arrest each and every single person that took part in the disruption today.
I am deluded that I support the campaign of Black Lives Matter, which recognises the institutionalised racism against black people?

That is fine.

Yup.
Original post by F.Nietzsche
Yup.

Okay. cool.
Also in Notts...damn trams gridlocked.

Amused me somewhat that they were protesting in part about more black folks being arrested than whites..and 10 get arrested at Heathrow.....those self fulfilling stats.

I imagine they'll garner a lot of support though.
Would you look at that?

No cocks on here.
Original post by Trapz99
I hope you're not trying to say that black people are less intelligent. All races are equally intelligent.

Im not agreeing with him.But how do you know thats true?There are differences in intelligence between men and women for example there are more male genius' than women and there are more men at the lower end of the IQ scale than women.In addition black people actually seem to be better than white people at running for instance.Chinese people seem to do a lot better over white people in mathematics for instance.Again im not agreeing with him but you seem to be saying that there is no possible difference in intelligence between races simply because you'd like it to be true.That might not actually be true and you would have to look at the evidence objectively regardless of what you want to be true.
Original post by Robby2312
Im not agreeing with him.But how do you know thats true?There are differences in intelligence between men and women for example there are more male genius' than women and there are more men at the lower end of the IQ scale than women.In addition black people actually seem to be better than white people at running for instance.Chinese people seem to do a lot better over white people in mathematics for instance.Again im not agreeing with him but you seem to be saying that there is no possible difference in intelligence between races simply because you'd like it to be true.That might not actually be true and you would have to look at the evidence objectively regardless of what you want to be true.

I think the differences in academic scores, IQ, etc. are more attributable to differences in culture than race.

While there is proof that black people carry genes that are believed to help running I've never heard of anything about intelligence. Could be wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending