The Student Room Group

BLM protestors block entry to Heathrow and Birmingham airports

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Wōden
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3725050/Black-lives-matter-protesters-block-road-Heathrow-airport.html

Do these fools honestly think this stunt is going to garner more public support for their already tarnished image?

If they dislike UK than they should move back to Africa or sme other country.
Reply 121
Original post by ABadManTing
BLM was created in USA because cops shoot them, was it not? So what the hell are they doing here???

Opression Olympics.
Original post by slaven
If they dislike UK than they should move back to Africa or sme other country.

Ohh stfu

Posted from TSR Mobile
And I thought Black Lives Matter Canada were pointless...

We had one black guy in Toronto charge police in a hallway with a hammer and get shot. That was enough to spark protests here in Toronto. But as far as I can tell, no black people at all have been shot by police in the UK this year, and your BLM protests are trying to shut down whole airports?

And they wonder way so many people have had enough of them. Hint - it's not because we're racist.
Original post by Wōden
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3725050/Black-lives-matter-protesters-block-road-Heathrow-airport.html

Do these fools honestly think this stunt is going to garner more public support for their already tarnished image?

Wtf is this even going on in the uk for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 125

Oga booga oga booga opression.
Original post by 1010marina
I think the differences in academic scores, IQ, etc. are more attributable to differences in culture than race.

While there is proof that black people carry genes that are believed to help running I've never heard of anything about intelligence. Could be wrong

Intelligence is polygenic for one thing and varies from place to place.

The differences we see in races are down to adaptations to climatic conditions in their geographical locations. I don't see how the traits contributing to intelligence could be affected by geography but I stand to be corrected.
Original post by Virgil.
Mate, the police in the UK are just as racist. Police brutality against blacks in the UK is a very real problem.

And you're pulling this info from.....where?

Are they racist because they're the police and have a habit of arresting people committing crime and those people sometimes happen to be black?

You see, I know how completely paralised the UK police are for political correctness. More of their training is wasted on 'diversity' than on actually how to catch crooks.
LOL i love the fact that everything done to Blacks over the years have been forgotten. Black slaves and immigrants brought over contributed massively to the development of the UK, as well as lots of other miniorites...whilst the locals were the ones spewing abuse towards them...well not much has changed ha, so yeah dont start with that "our country" speech and "opportunity".

To be honest i wish this BLM movement was done loads of years ago...but then even more Black people wouldve be killed on top of the slavery death toll...

The fact of the matter is, whether or not there have been Black people killed by the police recently, there is still a huge gap, between how White people are treated and how every "minority" is.

So stop moaning about the protest, at least its peaceful..i think...havent really looked at it..lol not much of a point... but theres no point acting like its unprovoked, because racism is still a huge problem in the UK and the ignorant posters on this thread prove that point perfectly
The white people on here behave as if every black person supports what's happening today lol
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Yeah, not wasting my time on this except to say as much. Go to google and do a quick search, your claptrap is easily falsified and mine is public knowledge. Type in 'black crime London' or 'intelligence hereditary' or 'racial IQ gap'...sigh, I've to go get ready to go out, do some reading on the issue.

What about the Flynn Effect? There has been a continuous generational increase in IQ. White British people now have an average IQ greater than their White British grandparents, despite sharing the same gene pool. This shows quite clearly that societal and environmental factors greatly affect IQ.

Plus IQ doesn't explain things such as nobel prize achievements. To quote Steven Pease in his book "The Debate over Jewish Achievement" responding to Richard Lynn book "The Chosen People" he says:

f Ashkenazis have average IQs of 110, and that leads to a greater percent of Jews with IQs of 130 to 145 (levels thought necessary to win a Nobel Prize), the math doesn't yield enough brilliant Jews. That is, the absolute number of Ashkenazi Jews in the world, generously estimated at ten to twelve million, is too small to yield enough brilliant Jews to explain why Jews have won one hundred times more Nobel Prizes than should rightfully be expected. High IQs alone cannot account for the outcome

So even if we take something such as IQ, it is not sufficient to explain Ashkenazi achievement as measured by Nobel prizes. There are clearly other factors such as cultural and societal influences which also have a great determining effect on achievement.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 131
Original post by niceguy95
The white people on here behave as if every black person supports what's happening today lol

Maybe if more of you came forward and said you oppose BLM fascists would be fine.

Wherever black settle they are opressed and live in poverty. :`(
Original post by slaven
Maybe if more of you came forward and said you oppose BLM fascists would be fine.

Wherever black settle they are opressed and live in poverty. :`(

Why should I lol
Just cause they have the same colour as me doesn't mean I should hold responsibility to oppose it,
are they my family?
Reply 133
Original post by Kurosaki_Ichi
LOL i love the fact that everything done to Blacks over the years have been forgotten. Black slaves and immigrants brought over contributed massively to the development of the UK, as well as lots of other miniorites...whilst the locals were the ones spewing abuse towards them...well not much has changed ha, so yeah dont start with that "our country" speech and "opportunity".

To be honest i wish this BLM movement was done loads of years ago...but then even more Black people wouldve be killed on top of the slavery death toll...

The fact of the matter is, whether or not there have been Black people killed by the police recently, there is still a huge gap, between how White people are treated and how every "minority" is.

So stop moaning about the protest, at least its peaceful..i think...havent really looked at it..lol not much of a point... but theres no point acting like its unprovoked, because racism is still a huge problem in the UK and the ignorant posters on this thread prove that point perfectly

As a non-Brit who is relativnly familiar with UK history I can tell the contributions of black slaves, immigrants and minorities to British development is 0. Back than in the glorious revolution the black did do nothing, or in the world wars which was fought by indigenous ethnic Englisman.

And most blacks in UK are descendant of immigrants so they cannot play on the slavery card. If they do not like UK they can go back from which they came.
Original post by StrawbAri

The differences we see in races are down to adaptations to climatic conditions in their geographical locations. I don't see how the traits contributing to intelligence could be affected by geography but I stand to be corrected.

Since when do standardised tests like IQ tests actually measure intellegience.They are not really credible.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 135
Original post by niceguy95
Why should I lol
Just cause they have the same colour as me doesn't mean I should hold responsibility to oppose it,
are they my family?

Well, since they are acting upon your name. Also claiming they are doing in the name of all black people in UK. Yes, distingishing the BLM fascists from yourself would contribute to social peace.
Original post by slaven
Well, since they are acting upon your name. Also claiming they are doing in the name of all black people in UK. Yes, distingishing the BLM fascists from yourself would contribute to social peace.

You sound like a dummy, acting upon who's name. "are doing in the name of all black people in UK" So what?, if small group of black people protest about something this means they talk on behalf all black people. Like the KKK talk on behalf of white folk because they want a white America or ISIS/Taliban/boko haram and other nutter talk on behalf muslims because they do things for muslims. So you want each race/religion of people to apologies for a behaviour of a small minority, are you mad?

Gerrrra here Joor
Ok this has gone to far. Fair enough they did their protest the other day, but this is idiotic. They should be appreciative of the opportunities given to them in this country. History is indeed HISTORY and should be left at that. The oppression of our ancestors shouldn't be lingering on in this day and age.
Original post by StrawbAri

I think there is actually a "run fast" gene carried by Usain Bolt, among others but it isn't universal for top athletes. Think it was in New Scientist a couple of years ago... I'll try and get the article up later... But it's quite irrelevant, as you say things like altitude training etc all affect peak performance, presumably more so.

Anyway, from what I remember the gene is carried predominantly by black people... Kinda like how a while back they found that moat people without African heritage carry Neanderthal DNA. It depends on your ancestry not really geographic location.

As for IQ I think "black people are dumber" is a terrible statement to say whether backed up by stats or not. They're also more likely to live in poverty and thats more than likely a contributing factor, etc. I really doubt there is any actual scientific basis for saying one skin colour is genetically hardwired to be more intelligent. E.g. Chinese tend to pressure kids into learning so they get goodbtest scores... That doesn't make them genetically superior it's just a culture difference... That's probably all the claims were imo
Original post by Kurosaki_Ichi

Yes, black people were treated badly in the past. Get over yourself. I'm no more a slave owner than you are a slave.

Equality and racism are problems that need to be dealt with but this protest is ugly and disruptive. It's despicable, not admirable.

Stopping hardworking people (who might be white, black, Asian, whatever) going about their daily lives is stupid and disrespectful. How many people do you think were late to work, lost their jobs, missed their job interviews, missed a family holiday, were late to pick their kids up from school, etc. This "protest" achieved nothing except disruption and smearing the name of the BLM movement. I will never support an organisation that uses such ridiculous techniques. Lying down on roads and tram tracks to disrupt commuter traffic is selfish. Anybody affected is going to be annoyed, not wanting to spread the message and help the cause.

Honestly, if you go picket signing in a planned event that's non-disruptive them I'm happy to join you. But I can't take this farce seriously. I really support the aim, but I can't support the methods.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending