-English (7c)
-double science (6b)
-art (?)
-geography ( i think 5a/6c)
-Arabic or german (?)
-Ict (6c/6b)
-Mby technology(6a/7c)

I predicted 3B's 4A's 1A*
I want to go towards the medical route, do you think i could do it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FutureDreamer
CAN YOU PREDICT WHAT I MIGHT GET IN GCSE's
MY YEAR 7 RESULTS, AND GCSE CHOICES-

-Maths (5a)
-English (7c)
-double science (6b)
-art (?)
-Arabic or german (?)
-Ict (6c/6b)
-Mby technology(6a/7c)

It'll be hard to get those grades when you're graded 9-1.
Please don't star worrying about GCSEs/Careers in year 7. Use this time to do things you enjoy and relax about school. You don't need to work hard till year 9 exams which set you for your GCSE subjects, until then don't worry at all. But if you do want to go into medicine then your grades will need to be a bit better than your current predicted ones
Can't really predict accurately from your year 7 results, a lot can change before your gcses. Just try your best and don't fall behind in classes. :smile:
I didn't even know what GCSEs were when I finished year 7 lol
I think you're going to get something better than your predicted grades.

I've never seen a Year 7 who is already thinking about their GCSE results and career. Now is not the time to worry, my friend. Everything might change by the time you reach Year 11. Enjoy your childhood. :h:
they're changing it now anyway aren't they? Phasing out grades and using numbers instead... I don't understand how it works but there you go. And tbh unis don't care about what grades you get so long as they're decent. It's more for your A Levels that grades are important. It's only if there's a decision to make between candidates that they look at other factors such as GCSE grades and extra curricular stuff. You'll be fine, I promise :smile:
calm down
i didn't even know what gcse were at year 7, let alone worrying about it
i cant calm down, that's all i think about. I think that if i don't do well in a exam or sont review something I'm bad at that subject. And if I'm bad at that subjet in gcses i wont pass in it. That means it unlikely for me to be able to do that subject in alevels. Which will mean i can do the degree i want to in uni. That means my life dream to become a teacher is ruined.:s-smilie:
Original post by honour
I think you're going to get something better than your predicted grades.

I've never seen a Year 7 who is already thinking about their GCSE results and career. Now is not the time to worry, my friend. Everything might change by the time you reach Year 11. Enjoy your childhood. :h:

I try to change but i cant, I try to enjoy childhood but i don't feel like a child. I feel like i should be mature and clever. Take education seriously - and that's what I'm doing I don't know how to stop it and its kinda taking over my life. don't know what to do to stop thinking about that stuff????
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Can't really predict accurately from your year 7 results, a lot can change before your gcses. Just try your best and don't fall behind in classes. :smile:

Thanks i do try my hardest and am in the top set for everything. And am top of the year for ICT and technology
I try to change but i cant, I try to enjoy childhood but i don't feel like a child. I feel like i should be mature and clever. Take education seriously - and that's what I'm doing I don't know how to stop it and its kinda taking over my life. don't know what to do to stop thinking about that stuff????

Hm, you sound very ambitious. Do you have any hobbies or play any video games at all?
yeah, ermm.. art and sport, also erm.. homework? :h: I spend a lot of time on the computer resurching uni courses, stupid amount of time. To see what qual they need and stuff. I know WHY at year 7 but like what i said ^^^^^ i cant stop!
(edited 7 years ago)

-Maths (5a)
-English (7c)
-double science (6b)
-art (?)
-Arabic or german (?)
-Ict (6c/6b)
-Mby technology(6a/7c)

To be honest its very hard to predict GCSE results from year 7 grades, a lot of things can happen between now and then and its all about how much work you put in really.

So many people let predicted grades define them but they are literally nothing, they are a random number next to a subject predicting what will happen 5 years from now, but lets face it, ignore them and set your own goals, its much better in the long run, dont let teachers confine your limits.

My advice is try hard (not to hard right now, enjoy year 7,8 and 8) and knuckle down at GCSE. Its so possible to achieve amazing grades if thats what your aim is.

Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah, ermm.. art and sport, also erm.. homework? :h: I spend a lot of time on the computer resurching uni courses, stupid amount of time. To see what qual they need and stuff

Dont do that right now, uni is your aspiration yes but its over 7 years away, try to enjoy yourself. If you want to get onto a competative course (medicine, dentistry etc.) or into a competative uni (oxbridge) then your grades alone will not cut it, they look for extra curricular activities and a life outside of academia which you could contribute to uni life when your there. Well rounded is the ideal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natalierm2707
To be honest its very hard to predict GCSE results from year 7 grades, a lot of things can happen between now and then and its all about how much work you put in really.

So many people let predicted grades define them but they are literally nothing, they are a random number next to a subject predicting what will happen 5 years from now, but lets face it, ignore them and set your own goals, its much better in the long run, dont let teachers confine your limits.

My advice is try hard (not to hard right now, enjoy year 7,8 and 8) and knuckle down at GCSE. Its so possible to achieve amazing grades if thats what your aim is.

Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it is :h:
Thankyou, all the comments have been so positive and make me feel better :h: :smile:
yeah, ermm.. art and sport, also erm.. homework? :h: I spend a lot of time on the computer resurching uni courses, stupid amount of time. To see what qual they need and stuff. I know WHY at year 7 but like what i said ^^^^^ i cant stop!

you need to stop focusing on uni and HAVE FUN.

-Maths (5a)
-English (7c)
-double science (6b)
-art (?)
-Arabic or german (?)
-Ict (6c/6b)
-Mby technology(6a/7c)

Why is your school using levels when they were discontinued two years ago?

You can't predict GCSE from these - what were your KS2 levels?

Quick Reply

Latest