Original post by Waveyalex
tbh yh or like 96 ppl keep saying the gb this year will be sky high

Why so high? I hate the exam boards :frown:
Original post by ak143244
Why so high? I hate the exam boards :frown:

some ppl keep saying apparently this year was the easiest for the past 3 years

I found paper 1 hard but paper 2 was easy.

The reason why I thought that paper 2 was easy is that we knew what was going to be in the test. Like they can't include stem and leaf questions in paper 1 and 2. You get me?
Core Science Unit 1 - A*
Core Science Unit 2 - A*
Religious Studies Unit 1 - A*

The reason why I thought that paper 2 was easy is that we knew what was going to be in the test. Like they can't include stem and leaf questions in paper 1 and 2. You get me?

yh i get u lol how do you think this year compares to other years ? in terms of difficulty accross the 2 papers
yh i get u lol how do you think this year compares to other years ? in terms of difficulty accross the 2 papers

I thought last years paper was much harder than this one in my opinion. We'll see how I did on results day anyway.
ot was only easier compared to last year. Compared to 2014, this was hard and in 2024 despite the exam being so easy the grade boundaries were low so I don't think the boundaries should be that high. It will only be high in comparison to last yearb

Exactly. So the grade boundaries should be average. Not too high and not too low. However, I think the A* boundary will be high because the higher end questions were not actually that hard
Original post by Astudent24
Which exams went worst for u guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

CCEA UNIT 1 Biology
Original post by Anmol_.
ot was only easier compared to last year. Compared to 2014, this was hard and in 2024 despite the exam being so easy the grade boundaries were low so I don't think the boundaries should be that high. It will only be high in comparison to last yearb

so u dont think this years grade boundaries will be higher than 2014 ?
so u dont think this years grade boundaries will be higher than 2014 ?

Although 2016 was harder, our grade boundaries will still be higher considering the fact it's the last year with A*-U but what I'm saying that it won't be enormously high like people are making it out to be. Unless of course everyone has done exceptionally well in which case it will go high. Otherwise it should be moderate grade boundaries especially for C, B and A grades
Original post by Anmol_.
Exactly. So the grade boundaries should be average. Not too high and not too low. However, I think the A* boundary will be high because the higher end questions were not actually that hard

How high do you think? 2014 boundaries was 164 for the A*, do you reckon around 165/166 for this year?
Original post by Anmol_.
Although 2016 was harder, our grade boundaries will still be higher considering the fact it's the last year with A*-U but what I'm saying that it won't be enormously high like people are making it out to be. Unless of course everyone has done exceptionally well in which case it will go high. Otherwise it should be moderate grade boundaries especially for C, B and A grades

so like 133 for an A ?
Original post by TheAnon121
How high do you think? 2014 boundaries was 164 for the A*, do you reckon around 165/166 for this year?

Yes. Maximum 168. It will definitely not be in 170s like most people are saying.
so like 133 for an A ?

About 135/136. Can't be 133 because boundaries are never repeated. A could even be 132, it's only A* that I think will be a lot higher than last year
Original post by Anmol_.

it actually depends on how people nationally have done - e.g. the top 20% will get A*s. But I think the grade boundaries will be lower than last year because the exam papers across all the boards have been much harder. :smile:
Original post by Anmol_.
About 135/136. Can't be 133 because boundaries are never repeated. A could even be 132, it's only A* that I think will be a lot higher than last year

i thought like 134 for an A lol plus 135 and 136 have been used
(edited 7 years ago)
i thought like 134 for an A lol plus 135 and 136 have been used

It doesn't matter if they've been used or not in the past! Grade boundaries are based on how hard people found the exam.
Original post by usycool1
It doesn't matter if they've been used or not in the past! Grade boundaries are based on how hard people found the exam.

any thoughts about what it could be this year considering that last year was 125 and 2014 was 133 im just anxious
any thoughts about what it could be this year considering that last year was 125 and 2014 was 133 im just anxious

I'm afraid I have no idea as I don't know how everyone did! Just try to relax - speculating will just worry yourself more so try to enjoy your summer somehow. You'll have you answer soon enough. :smile:

Good luck :smile:*

Latest