The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

MSc International Public Policy 2016/17

I saw there were forums for the IPP MSc for the past few years so thought I'd set one up...
Anyone else going to be doing IPP at UCL this September? It would be good to hear from you, hear your thoughts on the course or anything you're thinking about before we start!
Reply 1
Original post by banubus
I saw there were forums for the IPP MSc for the past few years so thought I'd set one up...
Anyone else going to be doing IPP at UCL this September? It would be good to hear from you, hear your thoughts on the course or anything you're thinking about before we start!

Hi, this is Yiming Dai from China. Im 22 now, graduated with a degree in International Studies. Pleased to see you! Im going to study in IPP from this September.
For IPP courses, I think those preliminary readings (thought you have received an email about the reading list from the faculty :biggrin:) are important. Why not start preview from them? Also i heard that IPP in ucl is based on quantitative so I suggest you to look for books or materials about data, statistics etc.

Again its so thrilling to see you at the beginning of this term. May I ask your name and where you from? : )
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Hey good to hear from you, I'm Henry from London. I don't think I've received anything about preliminary reading... not sure why that is? Maybe you can tell me what's on the reading list?

Original post by zzwwdr
Hi, this is Yiming Dai from China. Im 22 now, graduated with a degree in International Studies. Pleased to see you! Im going to study in IPP from this September.
For IPP courses, I think those preliminary readings (thought you have received an email about the reading list from the faculty :biggrin:) are important. Why not start preview from them? Also i heard that IPP in ucl is based on quantitative so I suggest you to look for books or materials about data, statistics etc.

Again its so thrilling to see you at the beginning of this term. May I ask your name and where you from? : )
Reply 3
Original post by banubus
Hey good to hear from you, I'm Henry from London. I don't think I've received anything about preliminary reading... not sure why that is? Maybe you can tell me what's on the reading list?

Hey Henry! Nice to hear from you! I got an email from the faculty introducing IPP program and those readings a month before. The title of this email is "MSc International Public Policy-Information and Preliminary Reading". You can have a look at your junk box (the address for program application) if there is no such an email.
There are two docx files in this email. One is about the program structure and another introduces those compulsary courses in IPP and gives a list of materials below the introduction (some are required to read before the term begins :0). I think these materials are really helpful for program learning.
PS Im sorry that I cant log in this site via my pc so I type everything on my phone without pictures. If you can add my facebook account perhaps I can send you some pics about those readings. Just in case you cant find them!
Plz search my name "Yiming Dai" on facebook. I was born in 1993, and I have graduated from the University of Nottingham Ningbo China.
Looking forward to your reply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending