The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PhysicsIP2016
@Mathemagicien @Insight314
If you don't like alcohol very strong or bitter, asti is a nice wine to start off with as it is quite sweet and relatively low in alcohol. It took me a while to get acclimatised to the taste and sensation of alcohol once I turned 18, but since I've had a few drunken nights it now takes the equivalent of a whole bottle of prosecco and a few vodka and lemonades before I get drunk :biggrin:

Definitely gonna try that one! I have never tried wine before, so might as well start with Asti wine.

Wait, so does the taste get better? :K:
Original post by physicsmaths
Lol.
Nice use of gcse maths.
If i start on you, you will die lol. Seriously, i can rip you bits lad haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh **** fam. I wanna say "Bring it on" but I am scared now. :K:

I haven't measured my height but I think I am like 5'10, I will let @Mathemagicien decide whether that is right.
Original post by Insight314
Well, my experience wasn't this bad. I didn't like the taste of Guinness, was able to drink half a pint but then just went and got some Coke since the taste just wasn't nice. I could've drank it but didn't see the point of it, I didn't even want to get drunk. As for the vodka, I drank Smirnoff at a party once and it was about 37%. There wasn't any taste except your throat starts burning after you take a sip, but I didn't drink that much since I didn't wanna get drunk for my parents to see (they allow me but would be awkward to see a Cambridge wannabe drunk lol).

Maybe I tasted some particularly vile stuff... it wasn't the burning, it was the taste of it that put me off. I'll have to do some more experimenting.

What would a Cambridge wannabe be like when s/he(/it) is drunk?

All of those.
Health.
I don't need it to have fun.
Plus I am religious.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'd still be boring even if I were completely drunk. The craziest thing I can think of me realistically doing is looking at another person's shoe, rather than my own.
Not amazingly tall. 6ft4Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'm around the same...

Btw, am I the only one who measures height in metres? I had hoped fellow mathmos would also share my distrust of Imperial measurements... but no (silly sheeple!)
Are you talking about St Paul's School (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Paul%27s_School,_London)? You think I am a posh boy or something, don't have the monies for dem posh schools.

I will most definitely do maths competition, I need to work on my number theory and Euclidean geometry, just like you supposed. Also, I wanna finish all of part IA together with the example sheets. I will be done with V&M and Groups by start of September, so that's good. I will definitely be doing a lot of maths if the unfortunate were to happen, but what about a school? Should I even go to one since I will be self-studying all that ****? Will I be treated like a gap year student?

You will be fine, you most definitely met your Imperial offer. Also, I really believe Homerton will take you in nonetheless since you would have exceeded their standard offer in the first place. And your STEP results will be like a few marks off an S grade, if not an S grade in the first place! :tongue:

Lol no. I havent met my imperial offer. Might have got A*B to AB. Offer is AA, yes i ****ed up firther add cause i got U's in S4 D1 and D2 haha. Lol
But no you definatey won't be treated like a gapper no way.
Do some other a levels or something like computing, Further Add, economics which can take 2 years or 1 if you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely gonna try that one! I have never tried wine before, so might as well start with Asti wine.

Wait, so does the taste get better? :K:

Another thing to try is also cider (love Koppaberg and Bulmers) because they do some really nice flavours.

Once you've started drinking alcohol more frequently you definitely start to like the taste and the sensation a bit more :smile: Ngl some very cheap vodkas I think still taste like nail polish remover, but once you find nice cocktails and start to buy decent but affordable alcohol the whole experience becomes a lot more enjoyable!
Original post by Mathemagicien
Maybe I tasted some particularly vile stuff... it wasn't the burning, it was the taste of it that put me off. I'll have to do some more experimenting.

Yeah, well it depends on the alcohol concentration. If it is as high as 35% (the Smirnoff I drank) then you get some unpleasant burning sensations in your throat. But since you had beer, then I am not surprised the taste is what put you off. The only beer I drank is Guinness with my gf, and she even said that Guinness is pretty vile.

Haha, not sure really. What I meant to say is that it would be a bit awkward for my parents to see me drunk since they usually see me as a stereotypical academic boy i.e not go and get drunk at parties.

The craziest thing I can think of me realistically doing is looking at another person's shoe, rather than my own.

:rofl: I am stealing that phrase.

Btw, am I the only one who measures height in metres? I had hoped fellow mathmos would also share my distrust of Imperial measurements... but no (silly sheeple!)

I usually only use metres, but got used to use imperial measurements for height after all my lads started using it. Also, can you approximate my height, if you still remember me? inb4 I am a manlet.
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
@Mathemagicien @Insight314
If you don't like alcohol very strong or bitter, asti is a nice wine to start off with as it is quite sweet and relatively low in alcohol. It took me a while to get acclimatised to the taste and sensation of alcohol once I turned 18, but since I've had a few drunken nights it now takes the equivalent of a whole bottle of prosecco and a few vodka and lemonades before I get drunk :biggrin:

I'll try to have a try of that, thanks.

Oh **** fam. I wanna say "Bring it on" but I am scared now. :K:

I haven't measured my height but I think I am like 5'10, I will let @Mathemagicien decide whether that is right.

I'm very bad at estimating heights, since I usually only see the tops of peoples' heads. But 5'10 sounds a little on the tall side, no offense...
Lol no. I havent met my imperial offer. Might have got A*B to AB. Offer is AA, yes i ****ed up firther add cause i got U's in S4 D1 and D2 haha. Lol

Damn. You will still be taken in though, they would be retarded (not only Imperial) to just reject you as a result of that.

But no you definatey won't be treated like a gapper no way.Do some other a levels or something like computing, Further Add, economics which can take 2 years or 1 if you want.
Phew, that's good to hear. Yeah, I might do other A-levels, Further Add for sure since I haven't done any stats modules. If I were to do any A-levels, I am doing them in 1 year just like I did the 4 A-levels I am applying with right now. Also, definitely re-applying this October if the unfortunate happens in results day. Btw, if I do get rejected on 18th August, I need to regulate my A-level workload since I wanna have enough time to finish part IA (course material and example sheets), do BMO and other maths competitions, re-take STEP if I have to so will have to do past papers again, and also maybe take a job at some point since I don't have any work experience.
:rofl: I am stealing that phrase.

It was already stolen :wink: from a Cambridge mathmo, no less, IIRC
I usually only use metres, but got used to use imperial measurements for height after all my lads started using it. Also, can you approximate my height, if you still remember me? inb4 I am a manlet.

A proper European you are!

5ft4 maaaybe...?
I'm very bad at estimating heights, since I usually only see the tops of peoples' heads. But 5'10 sounds a little on the tall side, no offense...

Fam. I swear I am not a manlet, maybe I've grown since I saw you but I feel like 5'10 is fair.
It was already stolen :wink: from a Cambridge mathmo, no less, IIRC

A proper European you are!

5ft4 maaaybe...?

5'4''?????? :angry:

Wtf, my gf is 5'5 and I have at least 5 inches on her. :angry:

You are making me insecure about myself now. :frown:

5ft4 maaaybe...?

I was about to suggest that maybe I'm the shortest person on the thread...guess not

It's okay @Insight314 you'll hit your growth spurt soon
Fam. I swear I am not a manlet, maybe I've grown since I saw you but I feel like 5'10 is fair.

5'4''?????? :angry:

Wtf, my gf is 5'5 and I have at least 5 inches on her. :angry:

You are making me insecure about myself now. :frown:

Sorry... but don't you have a tape measure so you can find out yourself? My memory is very bad, don't rely on it...
Original post by Serine Soul
I was about to suggest that maybe I'm the shortest person on the thread...guess not

Okay Insight, I'll grant that that was probably an underestimate (no offense Serine Soul, just probably means I had bad judgement). 5ft9 is my revised estimate.

STOP! I am getting triggered.

I am not the height that @Mathemagicien is saying I am. I promise!

Sorry... but don't you have a tape measure so you can find out yourself? My memory is very bad, don't rely on it...

Nah, I don't have one, gonna have to measure myself at some point.

inb4 insight is not doing it cuz he noes he is 4ft: kys
Okay Insight, I'll grant that that was probably an underestimate (no offense Serine Soul, just probably means I had bad judgement). 5ft9 is my revised estimate.

Yeah I think 5'4 doesn't make sense given his gf is 5'5 and he's taller than her...

Why are people discussing height anyway?

This actually triggers me to unbelievable measures. I am not shorter than a girl.

Btw, how tall are you?

Okay. I am gonna ask one of my Year 11 lads who is about the same height as me what his height is. Watch it's gonna be higher than 5'9''
Original post by Protoxylic
I think the Christ's AT has said somewhere that the chances of a re-applicant getting an offer in the next cycle after missing their offer is quite slim.

I don't think that's true actually. I'm pretty sure I've seen stats that reapplicants do better than 1st time applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys chill about height 😂 I am likely to be the shortest bc scoliosis (unless someone else has it too) :frown:
This actually triggers me to unbelievable measures. I am not shorter than a girl.

Btw, how tall are you?
Sorry, I meant it as a joke. I'm sure you're much taller, and even if you're not, it doesn't matter that much

Somewhere between 5'3 and 5'4

Latest

Trending

Trending