The Student Room Group

Summer Body blast! Transformation competition!!!

It is the height of summer, but feeling a little unglamourous or unaesthetic!?!? It's a return of the bodyblast!

8 weeks, 1 goal - improve your body!

CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES IS 15th August 2016 midnight! :smile: :dumbells:

-Together we can lose weight, gain muscle or just stay active and look better for summer and beyond!-If you are feeling competitive or want to track your progress it's time to step up

-After 8weeks of toil the transformations will be judged-champions will be crowned:king1:

“Why should I enter TSR Transformation Contest?

- 8 weeks of fitness awesomeness

- Perhaps you are lacking motivation and need extra encouragement. :biggrin:
- Extensive support from TSR’s fitness forum.
- Get towards your desired physique. :teeth:
- Blog your progress and meet friends along the way.- Broaden your own knowledge of health and fitness.

“Great, I’m convinced. How do I enter?”

- Take three photos of yourself, in gym kit or in underwear/ swim wear - up to you :smile:
A photo from the front, side, and back. Post more if you like, the more the merrier!
- At least one of the photos must contain the date in some form. This could be by holding a newspaper or your laptop with a website which shows the date.
- Try and take the photos in good lighting, and have similar lighting for the end pictures.- Post your end photos from 10th October 2016!

Start your blog in the Fitness forum and update everyone with your progress!

Note: If you would like to post an anonymous, please send me a PM. Only use this avenue if you really need too, as its more fun and beneficial to join in and get involved under your username.
By posting photographs in this thread, you acknowledge:a) that the photographs are viewable by any individual wishing to access The Student Room and b) that you have the required permission for posting the photos on the internet. If you are under 18, this includes parental consent. Any photographs which are thought to be inappropriate will be removed.

“What are the prizes??” :king1: :banana:

There are prizes for the top two competitors! :biggrin: TBC

“Are there any other things I need to know before I start?”
- Judging will be: Kings of fitness (me) and CT members. :mmm:
- Entrants must not be taking steroids and there should be no discussion on this topic. Community members will remove all posts discussing steroids. :banned:
- Be sure to start your blog!Best of luck to all :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Count me in :smile:

I will be reviving my New Year blog: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3827825
I'm not up for doing the photos but I'll join the challenge for fun :smile: Just done my morning workout to Tubthumping (great workout song guys, try it!)
Count me in! Photos will be taken once I find a way of disguising my gut as a six pack...
I would consider but since I've only got 3 months left of my bulk before I start my winter cut I'd rather wait out.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I would consider but since I've only got 3 months left of my bulk before I start my winter cut I'd rather wait out.

Let's see some size gainz brah!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
Let's see some size gainz brah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Defo made size gains from 7/11 months into my bulk but the '8 weeks' challenge would hardly see much of a difference from month 7 to month 9 as you need to look at a bigger time frame assuming I take a date from now to end of 8 weeks challenge.

Must admit cost of £ food is definitely increasing on this bulk.

Wbu? Any goals or?

I'll definitely keep a log when I do cut from Dec-March 2017 @16 weeks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Defo made size gains from 7/11 months into my bulk but the '8 weeks' challenge would hardly see much of a difference from month 7 to month 9 as you need to look at a bigger time frame assuming I take a date from now to end of 8 weeks challenge.

Must admit cost of £ food is definitely increasing on this bulk.

Wbu? Any goals or?

I'll definitely keep a log when I do cut from Dec-March 2017 @16 weeks.

Maintain, I'm living away a lot atm, so training, food etc are infrequent. Just had lunch...

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4239620&p=66761030#post6676103

Count me in!
Though i wont be posting pics but ill put in my measurements eg. Navel: 123cm Bust: 123cm
I'd really rather not post pics, but I'll put my measurements in.

Bust: 37"/ 94cm

Waist: 27"/68.5cm

Hips: 37"/ 94cm

And I guess my weight too, which is 53kg (117 lbs), I'm 5'1.

We'll see if those numbers change after 8 weeks I guess.
Reply 10
may join
Original post by Freddyt58
Count me in! Photos will be taken once I find a way of disguising my gut as a six pack...
[video]https://duckduckgo.com/?q=make+up+six+pack&ia=videos&iai=wcCuvO7e95I[/video]

Seek and you shall find, ask and it shall be given unto you :wink: Good for a laugh if nothing else. Safe for work!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BlackthornRose
I'd really rather not post pics, but I'll put my measurements in.

Bust: 37"/ 94cm

Waist: 27"/68.5cm

Hips: 37"/ 94cm

And I guess my weight too, which is 53kg (117 lbs), I'm 5'1.

We'll see if those numbers change after 8 weeks I guess.

You can post under a dupe or anonymous if you'd prefer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
good luck everyone
(edited 7 years ago)
Man, I went to the gym for like a good 6-8 months three/four times a week and then just stopped and have subsequently put weight on, it's a killer. I'm hoping to get with it again when I start Uni in September. Good luck everyone! This is a neat thread :smile:
Original post by Angry cucumber
You can post under a dupe or anonymous if you'd prefer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean the pictures? No but thank you.
Reply 16
Would it be alright to PM pics to you instead? Or does that kind of defeat the purpose?
Original post by elen90
Would it be alright to PM pics to you instead? Or does that kind of defeat the purpose?

Can do, I can then post them anonymously if that helps too, or if you'd prefer they can stay with me for the length of the contest! :smile:
Yesss I'd love to join :smile: Can I though - or is too late?
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm in! I need to get into the splits once and for all! :u:

Quick Reply

Latest