The Student Room Group

Help

I done my first driving mock test 2 weeks ago and tommorow I have another one I had my driving test booked for Monday 25th July and because I got 14 minors and 4 serious in the mock test my instructor advised me to put it back a few weeks. I then changed it to the 17th august at 8:50 am and i really want to do it and pass it first time but because i passed my theory first try i feel like i cant do this first time. Im really worried incase i fail my mock test tommorow and have to put it back even longer...

Please give me some advice on how to calm

Many Thanks
Did your driving instructor inform you of when you should book your test for? They should tell you when you're ready and if you got that many faults in a mock test, it could be one of three things:

- Your driving instructor rushed you and you're not ready yet.
- You were very nervous and that's why you got the faults.
- Your driving instructor was being especially harsh on you.

If the answer is the first one, then find a new instructor.

If the answer is the second one, remember to just drive like you normally would, they should be preparing you for life on the road, not just to pass the test, if you get a fault, take it as a lesson to be remembered for next time, if your instructor does decide to push your test back, you're not entirely ready, but that's okay because 1) they're saving you £62.00 of failed tests and 2) making sure you've got the best chance to pass.

If the answer is the third one, I'm sure they're trying to be helpful, being harsher than the examiner, but if it's knocking your confidence, maybe you should try out a different instructor and get their opinion?

I passed my theory first time and then failed my first test (second one next Friday), I know those nerves, I'm feeling those nerves! But you can only deal with what happens on the day. At the moment, I've been chatting to experienced drivers, asking them questions about things I'm unsure about, trying to cover every possible scenerio in my head seems to be helping, but experience matters. So take any extra lessons as a blessing, however frustrating that might be.
Reply 2
Original post by Wednesday23
Did your driving instructor inform you of when you should book your test for? They should tell you when you're ready and if you got that many faults in a mock test, it could be one of three things:

- Your driving instructor rushed you and you're not ready yet.
- You were very nervous and that's why you got the faults.
- Your driving instructor was being especially harsh on you.

If the answer is the first one, then find a new instructor.

If the answer is the second one, remember to just drive like you normally would, they should be preparing you for life on the road, not just to pass the test, if you get a fault, take it as a lesson to be remembered for next time, if your instructor does decide to push your test back, you're not entirely ready, but that's okay because 1) they're saving you £62.00 of failed tests and 2) making sure you've got the best chance to pass.

If the answer is the third one, I'm sure they're trying to be helpful, being harsher than the examiner, but if it's knocking your confidence, maybe you should try out a different instructor and get their opinion?

I passed my theory first time and then failed my first test (second one next Friday), I know those nerves, I'm feeling those nerves! But you can only deal with what happens on the day. At the moment, I've been chatting to experienced drivers, asking them questions about things I'm unsure about, trying to cover every possible scenerio in my head seems to be helping, but experience matters. So take any extra lessons as a blessing, however frustrating that might be.

I done a mock test today 6 minors and 1serious for something so silly even at that compared to my last test I am delighted
Original post by Tash6310
I done a mock test today 6 minors and 1serious for something so silly even at that compared to my last test I am delighted

That's great, use that to improve on where you're weakest (the serious), and just check yourself on the minors you got i.e. mirrors, just check them like a maniac :wink: someone once told me, every time the instructor talks, check your mirrors. Weird advice, I know!
Reply 4
I failed because he didn't see me look because he was writing something. In the. Report sheet I feel it was so unfair
Original post by Tash6310
I failed because he didn't see me look because he was writing something. In the. Report sheet I feel it was so unfair

:frown: Well, just think of it as another good practice before your next - have you got another one booked yet?
Reply 6
Original post by mobbsy91
:frown: Well, just think of it as another good practice before your next - have you got another one booked yet?

No I haven't got the money

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending