The Student Room Group

Rejected for a job because 'I didn't ask enough questions in the role play?'

Seriously, what kind of ******** reason is that to reject a candidate? I had over 2 years of relevant experience, all the hours they needed, all the relevant qualifications and they say that rubbish to me :angry:

Apparently the rest of my interview was excellent but I didn't ask enough questions to the 'customer' (manager role playing the customer)
Reply 1
A very valid reason if you're directly working with customers. What's the role?
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
A very valid reason if you're directly working with customers. What's the role?

Cafe Assistant at M&S, not on the food Isles as the interview situation was testing for.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Cafe Assistant at M&S, not on the food Isles as the interview situation was testing for.

The interviewer was probably looking to see how you would interact with the customer directly?

Don't get so worked up about it. I've been rejected by companies for dumber reasons. Just move on and keep applying
Seriously, what kind of ******** reason is that to reject a candidate? I had over 2 years of relevant experience, all the hours they needed, all the relevant qualifications and they say that rubbish to me :angry:

Apparently the rest of my interview was excellent but I didn't ask enough questions to the 'customer' (manager role playing the customer)

Employers in this country are the worst idiots, they make people jump through hoops just to get a job like doing meaningless role plays and forcing unemployed people to go to college for 2 or 3 weeks on a customer service course first before they can even apply for low paid retail jobs, I mean it's ridiculous.
Reply 5
Original post by Judge Judy
Employers in this country are the worst idiots, they make people jump through hoops just to get a job like doing meaningless role plays and forcing unemployed people to go to college for 2 or 3 weeks on a customer service course first before they can even apply for low paid retail jobs, I mean it's ridiculous.

I guess It's not that a massive deal for me because I already have two jobs I but I would've loved the extra hours. Oh well, yeah, the situation for unemployed people is ridiculous, I agree there
Reply 6
Original post by UWS
The interviewer was probably looking to see how you would interact with the customer directly?

Don't get so worked up about it. I've been rejected by companies for dumber reasons. Just move on and keep applying

Like what?

Clearly it wasn't meant to be...
Reply 7
I am rather certain that the time and resources they waste on these interviews for this kind of job is nowhere near gotten back by getting an employee that is supposedly "better".

So mate, the jokes on them. Morons.
Reply 8
Like what?

Clearly it wasn't meant to be...

For not updating my LinkedIn profile enough (Digital Media role)

Looking back at it, I just laugh because you don't even need a ****ing LinkedIn profile but whatever I have a much better job now lol
seems a perfectly legitimate reason to me
They want to see how proactive you are. If you're just gonna stay quiet, and not interact with customers, why should they hire you even if you have qualifications? It's not just about qualifications, it's about how well you work in different situations with customers and if they rejected you because you didn't ask questions, I think it's perfectly legitimate.

You dont know who else you were competing against. Seems perfectly legit to me , just learn from it and move on. You might have done nothing wrong, but thats how interviews go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending