The Student Room Group

How to soften eyebrows?

Basically the hairs of my eyebrows are extremely wiry, and look ridiculous when I try to fill them in (I'm blonde naturally but my eyebrows are WAY darker and look kind of silly filled in their natural colour, but I can't seem to find a cheap product). The wiryness also highlights the stray unplucked hairs and messiness of the edges and gahh. Any tips?
(I'm not willing to spend a fortune on products, my current one is a £1 lightish brown/dull grey eyeliner (bad I know but))

Posted from TSR Mobile
By wirey do you mean messy?
Reply 2
Original post by loveleest
By wirey do you mean messy?

In a way yeah, quite thick and stiff as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophxxs
In a way yeah, quite thick and stiff as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm have you tried an eyebrow gel to keep tge hair in place?
I would suggest maybe threading them to the desired shape you want (most shops do eyebrow threading for £3 and it lasts a while ) or buying an inexpensive eyebrow gel that matched your eyebrow colour to keep stray hairs in place (try Collection or Primark) and keep your eyebrows neat, or buy a pair of simple eyebrow tweezers (you can fine some for a £1) and use them to pluck unwanted hairs.
Lighten them then go over it gently with brow powder only filling in sparse areas. I'd watch any Lisa Eldridge videos on filling in eyebrows as she does it really well
Original post by sophxxs
Basically the hairs of my eyebrows are extremely wiry, and look ridiculous when I try to fill them in (I'm blonde naturally but my eyebrows are WAY darker and look kind of silly filled in their natural colour, but I can't seem to find a cheap product). The wiryness also highlights the stray unplucked hairs and messiness of the edges and gahh. Any tips?
(I'm not willing to spend a fortune on products, my current one is a £1 lightish brown/dull grey eyeliner (bad I know but)) * Posted from TSR Mobile

Get them threaded? It gives a much cleaner effect/final look than plucking. Also, I know you don't want to spend loads on a product, but Anastasia Beverly Hills eyebrow products are amazing and absolutely worth the money. I have the dipbrow pomade and I've had it over a year, I use it daily and it still looks like it's barely been used because you need so little. I think you can get dupes in Superdrug but idk how good they are. It's a lighter effect because it's more of a waxy cream so it looks lighter than pencil or eyeshadow (as long as you use a tiny amount and a light hand, if you slip it can come out much too dark but with a bit of practice looks amazing)

Mine sound very similar. I have sort of dark golden blonde hair (with hints of chestnut/red mixed in) and dark, thick, course brows. I plucked them to death for about two years before letting them grow out when I hit about fifteen as they just grew back ridiculously quickly. It's near impossible to find product in my exact colour due to the fact my hair is almost half way between blonde and brunette so I generally just go for lighter brunette tones when looking for eyebrow products. I use a spoolie brush (like a mascara wand) to shape them and this really tidies them a lot. I also use a wax/gel thing to keep them in place after filling them in and this seems to prevent flyaways. My foundation/concealer generally hides any other stray hairs.

Also because mine are quite wiry/course I use a little bit of Vaseline to soften them before I go to bed. This works a treat and I swear by it. It's like eyebrow conditioner! Just run it in in a circular motion and it should soften them a little. I only pluck stray hairs (to prevent a monobrow lol) nowadays seeing as thick, bushy brows are ~sooooo in~ nowadays

Quick Reply

Latest