The Student Room Group

Do straight guys actually want monogamous relationships

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roperjacob
YES, we are capable you just have to find the right one who wants love too, not just sex .

Speak for yourself mate. I just want to **** things of the opposite gender
Original post by Anonymous
Probably just my experience but guys are actually just in relationships for sex either that or they claim just to want sex to be macho and all erw 'feelings/emotions/love gross... what even are those concepts?'.

Tell me? I feel like there's no hope for us girls... you've not inspired me thus far.

Are you guys actually capable of loving us? Is it mostly about the sex?

we are capable of love as long as we find someone compatable

Spoiler

No one really wants a monogamous relationship.

They have just been influenced by societal judgement.
I sense that someone went out with one of those good looking *****, and now thinks all guys are like that.

:/
Reply 24
I don't think that humans as species can be monogamous. I don't know if this is scientifically accurate but it's my opinion.

Why do half of all marriages end in divorce? Why do even more people cheat? If we were naturally designed to be monogamous, I don't think this would happen at such scale.
Much more likely nowadays that women are the ones who don't want a monogamous relationship ending in marriage and children.

You can thank the 60's for making sex more commonplace and socially accepted.
Not being rude, but just because you've not found someone that loves you yet, doesn't automatically mean that guys are incapable of love. Why would men get married if all they were after was sex? Marriage certainly doesn't mean more sex, unless you're religious.
Original post by ComputerMaths97
I sense that someone went out with one of those good looking *****, and now thinks all guys are like that.

:/

Not all good looking guys are d***s ya know
Reply 28
Original post by natalie427

How on earth did his post imply that? :s-smilie:
I personally would want one person in my life and that too only as my wife. Us guys dont express love the way probably girls express theirs, but this does not mean guys dont love.

I too find today's trend very selfish of guys looking at only the physical aspect and after when they achieve what they wanted they move on, but there are many many.. guys who are sincere and are after only serious relationship.

Yes, we are.
Reply 31
This thread is making me blush stop it.:colondollar:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
How on earth did his post imply that? :s-smilie:

'one of those good looking di*ks'

associating good looking and dic*s together. A lot of people assume it actually.
Reply 33
'one of those good looking di*ks'

associating good looking and dic*s together. A lot of people assume it actually.

I'd say it's more that the OP seems to have gone for dic*s, given their experiences, and that a likely reason is that they had good physical qualities (bad looking dic*s will not tend to get a look in anywhere lol)
Original post by Anonymous
Probably just my experience but guys are actually just in relationships for sex either that or they claim just to want sex to be macho and all erw 'feelings/emotions/love gross... what even are those concepts?'.

Tell me? I feel like there's no hope for us girls... you've not inspired me thus far.

Are you guys actually capable of loving us? Is it mostly about the sex?

It's mostly about sex,yes. This should be obvious to everyone unless you live on another planet
Original post by Rakas21
Back when i was younger then yeah, it was more about having sex with a hot girl who i liked in a friendly way than any real emotional connection. Hence why i moved through them pretty quickly.

Once i got to 22 or so though my mentality changed somewhat and nowadays i have come to view loyalty as one of the most important traits a person can possess (in the case of a woman, that means keeping her thong on and not being weak when drunk) so yeah.

I'd go so far as saying that nowadays i'd ditch a girl on the spot if she so much as kissed another girl.

kissed another girl whilst in a relationship with you, or kissed a girl ever?
If she kissed another girl for a bit of fun i'd let that slide.

What? Where did my post imply that?

I said "one of those good looking *****". Which is the same as saying "one of those green plants", which does not imply all plants are green you imbecile.
Original post by ComputerMaths97
What? Where did my post imply that?

I said "one of those good looking *****". Which is the same as saying "one of those green plants", which does not imply all plants are green you imbecile.

I think you are categorising, sort of like stereotyping. 'one of those ..' then giving the category.

I think good-looking people don't want to be associated with being dicks.

Also, the anger is not needed, calm down. Name-calling isn't my kind of thing.

Plus calling a plant green isn't offensive.

To me it did imply that. My opinion, and I had a right to express my opinion. Thats what forums are for.
(edited 7 years ago)
Meeting a few guys like that doesn't mean they're all like that. Why are there so many threads like this lately 'I knew a man/woman who was like X so all men/women are like X' there will be women who only want sex and men who are desperate to settle down, just because you haven't met someone like that yet doesn't mean they don't exist

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending