The Student Room Group

What do you expect/want to see in people your age?

Turning almost 22 I'm always telling myself I can't be proud of myself yet till I have what I should have at this age.

For me I suppose it would be at least have a rooted desire to take care of yourself and better yourself.
Original post by TreeFellOnMe
Turning almost 22 I'm always telling myself I can't be proud of myself yet till I have what I should have at this age.

For me I suppose it would be at least have a rooted desire to take care of yourself and better yourself.

Pretty much the same as you :smile:
at 21 I think people should be
saving for the future and have a half decent watch or bag (old and used is fine)
Original post by jamesthehustler
at 21 I think people should be
saving for the future and have a half decent watch or bag (old and used is fine)

why watch or bag? I would of gone for a suit with a nice pair of shoes or female equivalent.
Original post by TreeFellOnMe

Nothing really except maybe at least have completed the first year of a degree? Then again generalising like this is hard because everyone matures at different rates
I want people my age or younger to not act like the majority of the people in the classroom in this video:

[video="youtube;iKcWu0tsiZM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKcWu0tsiZM[/video]

I also expect people my age and the younger to be motivated in their education, career goals, be helpful and to treat everyone with respect. I also agree with you OP.
(edited 7 years ago)
17, I don't really expect anything of anyone.

The worst thing you could possibly 'expect' of someone is that they should be 'more focused on their careers and future' or something similar.
A guy or girl that makes proper sense, actually knows what a friend and a relationship are, can accept me and care about me. But like a cheap kitchen, finding someone with those qualities is hard if you're 14.

I mean, for god's sake, I know my general political preferences and the rest don't know anything about politics! They also didn't really cared about the Chilcot Report when I did, I'm really alienated apparently but... That's actually the other way around.

Everyone I know only seems to care about appearance or sex, I'm actually panromantic asexual so erm... yeah. I'm mildly bullied for that because also most people I know also think LGBTQ people are weird/pathetic.

If I want a relationship one day I'll probably need to wait a long time and maybe move out of this area. So I likely won't bother.
(edited 7 years ago)
Two eyes, two ears, a nose etc.
Reply 9
(15-16)
At least a basic understanding of politics/current affairs
More maturity and forward/logical thinking
Nothing at all really. I mean, it's not unrealistic at my age to just be figuring out what you want to do in life

Original post by EternalJamie

I mean, for god's sake, I know my general political preferences and the rest don't know anything about politics! They also didn't really cared about the Chilcot Report when I did, I'm really alienated apparently but... That's actually the other way around.

Unfortunately at age 20, this doesn't get much better. My friends are wildly intelligent, but still couldn't give two figs about politics past the basic "leave voters are racist and I'm voting remain because I love European culture."

Most political jokes I make go way over their heads. I guess they prefer jokes about genetalia instead :frown:
Original post by Another
Nothing at all really. I mean, it's not unrealistic at my age to just be figuring out what you want to do in life

Unfortunately at age 20, this doesn't get much better. My friends are wildly intelligent, but still couldn't give two figs about politics past the basic "leave voters are racist and I'm voting remain because I love European culture."

Most political jokes I make go way over their heads. I guess they prefer jokes about genetalia instead :frown:

They don't realise that leaving the EU allows us to make our own control and laws amongst other things like that, though there are obviously the initial drop in trade and such, it does resolve itself in the end.

(Maybe it will give us better privacy too, I don't know yet.)

Also I hate sex jokes. I find them a bit funny but not like actually hilarious, it's not my cup of tea in humour.
Reply 12
Original post by umar39
(15-16)
At least a basic understanding of politics/current affairs
More maturity and forward/logical thinking

Can't fault you there. PRSOM!
I suppose I'd expect someone to have some sort of independence be it,being at uni or at having a job and had moved out of their parents house but then everyone has different goals at different ages.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending