The Student Room Group

Austria is "Capital of Radical Racism" - Turkey

Scroll to see replies

Original post by markova21
I prefer to think that Austria's biggest gift to humanity was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart actually.

Austrians are great convincing world that Hitler was German and Mozart was Austrian.
Original post by simon_g
Austrians are great convincing world that Hitler was German and Mozart was Austrian.

They were both Austrian.
Original post by markova21
They were both Austrian.

apart from fact that when the Mozart was born there was no Austria (yet)."(..)Mozart was born in Salzburg,the capital of a small, essentially sovereign state called the Archbishopric of Salzburg. Thus in one sense Mozart's nationality could be said to be "Salzburgian", though English-language biographers do not generally use this term to designate his nationality.(..)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozart%27s_nationalitythe concept of "nation state" is quite modern one, especially in central/east european countries.
Original post by simon_g
apart from fact that when the Mozart was born there was no Austria (yet)."(..)Mozart was born in Salzburg,the capital of a small, essentially sovereign state called the Archbishopric of Salzburg. Thus in one sense Mozart's nationality could be said to be "Salzburgian", though English-language biographers do not generally use this term to designate his nationality.(..)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozart%27s_nationalitythe concept of "nation state" is quite modern one, especially in central/east european countries.

Yes I know. There is a lovely book I have, The Letters of Mozart and His Family. Throughout it, him and his father often refer to their pride in being German. Always seems a bit weird to read.
Reply 24
Original post by simon_g
you have to find it a bit funny when country, whose biggest gift to humanity was Adolf Hitler, tries to dictate other countries how they should deal with people who tried to make a Putsch.
Personally, I believe it would be better for Turkey if they would shift their interest from the EU to other their neighbors.

Completely agree, well said sir
"See How barbaric and racist Austrians are"
*Chops soldiers head off*
here Erdogan Effendi please honour me with a visit to my cellar

:colone:
Original post by simon_g
you have to find it a bit funny when country, whose biggest gift to humanity was Adolf Hitler, tries to dictate other countries how they should deal with people who tried to make a Putsch. *

Oh come on now, that ridiculous. Austria have done a complete 180 ever since Hitler (who, by the way, disdained Austria compared to Germany as he felt they were limp-wristed) and have been completely non-racist and very tolerant of others.

Compare this to Turkey currently, who not only feel that they did nothing at all wrong in hundreds of years of invasions, genocide, mass-rape, slavery and forced conversions, but glorify it!*

So don't*try to compare them - it's embarrassingly disingenuous and misleading *
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 28
I'm Austrian and you guys don't know what you're talking about. Austria is not that racist there are a few racists against Turks but not as much as Germany. Austria is still a beautiful Country even with the Refugees they haven't done much anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest