The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Oh really ... Once again thanks for your reply! :colondollar:That's going to encourage me to push for an A* in further maths at A2 if i do indeed get the A at AS. :smile:So do you think I should use "my likely to be" AS results for my UCAS application despite probably getting C/D for Physics or should I let my Uni choices rely on the prediction grades made by my teachers for A2?

Original post by target21859
You have to declare your AS grades. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes. You must declare official grades you've received on UCAS
ok thanks ... So which of the two (AS grades , predicted A2 grades) are unis more keen on.
ok thanks ... So which of the two (AS grades , predicted A2 grades) are unis more keen on.

Doesn't really matter tbh. One is useless without the other.
Oh really ... Once again thanks for your reply! :colondollar:That's going to encourage me to push for an A* in further maths at A2 if i do indeed get the A at AS. :smile:So do you think I should use "my likely to be" AS results for my UCAS application despite probably getting C/D for Physics or should I let my Uni choices rely on the prediction grades made by my teachers for A2?

Original post by Student403
Yes. You must declare official grades you've received on UCAS

It depends on if they are cashed in or not. If they are and they are certificates then yes, you will have to declare them.
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
I only resat C4 to get the A* as I already have an A, so thankfully I found it quite good - there were quite a few new variations of questions so I can see why people had trouble with it if they didn't spot how the numbers were manipulated, therefore couldn't figure out how to solve the questions. I'm hoping I've done enough to get the A*, good luck for your results!

did you retake other stuff as well cause i know I'm gonna be close to the A* boundary but i haven't done well enough in c3 so I'm gonna resit c3 next year to try and get the A* aha ; pleased to know others with an A would happily try again cause that A* grade looks pretty damn good aha ... i really hope you get it ! personally i think i got like 90+ ums in c4 but like 78 in c3 lmao
Original post by PlayerBB
My Birthday is after an hour and I am not excited because I am that scared about Results day, ugh man! :frown:

Don't worry. God Willing, you'll do great! :smile:
And btw, Happy Birthday! :cake::hugs:
Wish you all the best! :h:
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
I only resat C4 to get the A* as I already have an A, so thankfully I found it quite good - there were quite a few new variations of questions so I can see why people had trouble with it if they didn't spot how the numbers were manipulated, therefore couldn't figure out how to solve the questions. I'm hoping I've done enough to get the A*, good luck for your results!

Same here, I need 83 for C4 this year as I got 97 on C3 this year. It went pretty well and people found it hard so ithink there'll be low boundaries hopefully xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2427
12 days?! It still feels ages away even though I know it is so close. I think I'll look at the grade boundries and results statistics when they come out... And examiners reports if they come out sooner.
Original post by HFancy1997
Same here, I need 83 for C4 this year as I got 97 on C3 this year. It went pretty well and people found it hard so ithink there'll be low boundaries hopefully xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha this will be me next year cause I know I'm gonna get like 76-78 in c3 and then like 92-96 in c4 so I'm gonna miss the bloody A* so I'm gonna have to do C3 again lol
Original post by HFancy1997

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope you get it then !
Original post by Aph
12 days?! It still feels ages away even though I know it is so close. I think I'll look at the grade boundries and results statistics when they come out... And examiners reports if they come out sooner.

I know but when it's Monday then it'll be ' next week ' and then the nerves will sink in 😰 Hopefully we can look back on this thread with amusement as to how panicked we were but yet we all got into uni anyways aha !
I had a nightmare last night that I got CEE and was desperately ringing round unis trying to find one that would take me :frown: (if I get those grades I won't even try, I'll just retake the exams next year)

Original post by fefssdf
I know but when it's Monday then it'll be ' next week ' and then the nerves will sink in 😰 Hopefully we can look back on this thread with amusement as to how panicked we were but yet we all got into uni anyways aha !

OMG I never even thought of that :eek:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2432
Original post by emiloujess
I had a nightmare last night that I got CEE and was desperately ringing round unis trying to find one that would take me :frown: (if I get those grades I won't even try, I'll just retake the exams next year)

OMG I never even thought of that :eek:

:hugs:
Original post by fefssdf

I'm not sure it will be real for me until the day, like the closer it gets the less real it feels :lol: and yeah hopefully.
Lol I had a dream it was the day before results and I was frantically looking at grade boundaries
Original post by Serine Soul
Lol I had a dream it was the day before results and I was frantically looking at grade boundaries

To some extent grade boundaries day is worse than results day.
Reply 2435
Original post by DesignPredator
To some extent grade boundaries day is worse than results day.

How?
Original post by Aph
How?

Most people pretty much know their raw Mark +/-1 but the grade boundaries are slightly more unpredictable. Guess it's just my opinion.
Original post by Aph
How?

If you've been able to work out what mark you've got and see the grade boundaries are high and realise you've missed the grade you were aiming for, I guess.
Reply 2438
Original post by DesignPredator
Most people pretty much know their raw Mark +/-1 but the grade boundaries are slightly more unpredictable. Guess it's just my opinion.

But that's why they aren't scary, because it's less official IMO.

Quick Reply

Latest