The Student Room Group

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
'You will need to use this in real life someday' Yeah right! and 'You will need to purchase the textbook for this class' :angry:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SuperHuman98
Also GCSE Chemistry electron configuration, when you get to A level you discover it was all a lie

OMG yes. Story of my life.
"I won't tell the deputy head that you called me a *****. You won't be suspended"
This one is really **** when I was about to go off to Spain I revived a letter asking me to come to collage for an emergency meeting because I had failed my BFD so I called up the collage asking why I had failed turns out the course leader told his boss I hadn't handed in a pice of work😬 game over right I mean why would they believe me saying I had handed it in. Luckily my Dad for some reason was with me when I went and handed in said pice of work he took the phone and said to the guy he was there so there was another phone call half an hour later from the boss turns out the course leader had had another "look" and turns out I had passed.

Why was this a lie well I had made a formal complaint about the course leader earlier in the year and my guess is he just wanted to fail me because of that makes me wonder how many other people he'd done that to. Lucky my Dad was there though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lies I told me teacher:
- I got my coursework under control (to my AS/A2 Media Studies teacher)
- I lost my work, so I have to do it again( To the same teacher above)
- I forgot about my homework, will hand it in tomorrow/the day after (To my English, Biology/Chem, Sociology, Psychology teachers)

Spoiler

Lies my teacher told me:
- You will be fine in the exam, you will get an A/B - MUDDA ********. probably got a C/D :bawling::bawling:
-Your media essay was fine, near perfect. Don't worry about the exam - MUDDA ********!!
-We will accommodate to your mental health issues, and be understanding; that lasted like 3 months and they stopped.
(edited 7 years ago)
"Maths D1 is an easy A"

Lol.
Original post by lucabrasi98
"Maths D1 is an easy A"

Lol.

everyone says D1 is easy yet I only just scraped a B for that last year cause the paper was a mess and so hard tbh
I won't give you any homework
Cramming doesn't work... (It does up to a certain point...)
"I knew a kid who used to rock thrir chair back and they fell off and cracked their skull, so don't do it" - literally every teacher
Original post by fefssdf
everyone says D1 is easy yet I only just scraped a B for that last year cause the paper was a mess and so hard tbh

I got a C in D1, luckily I didnt need it as I got the A overall even with a C. but yeah its definitely not the easiest>.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not exactly a fib, but it does have an omission.

"If you don't wear your seatbelt, you get a bad conduct."

That was the teachers' policy on seatbelts in primary school and didn't explain the reason why. If asked why, they would just say the above line again.

A bad conduct was a mini-detention where you wrote out lines or de-weeded the front lawn of the school. It could be easily interpreted like it was the only bad thing to happen to you if you don't wear a seatbelt.

A family friend found it weird and then told me why they had such a policy in absolute graphic detail. Needless to say, we never saw him again...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HFancy1997
I got a C in D1, luckily I didnt need it as I got the A overall even with a C. but yeah its definitely not the easiest>.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh same I still got an A in AS maths but if it was any worse I would've deffo missed it . I really struggled with D1 and felt there was little maths like half the paper is silly definitions like what's a path like I wanna do maths at uni and I can't see me ever using this !
Original post by fefssdf
or even better in year 7 i got threatened with detention for drawing on a white board during a maths lesson and i started crying in the lesson but she never gave me the letter so i survived but i did end up getting detention during year 11 cause in graphics i forgot to bring in my homework lol #badass

Once you're in year 11 teachers do everything possible to get you into trouble 😒 but then again when you're in year 11, you just don't care anymore, people just square up to teachers😂
How organised your file is will determine your GCSE grade...:s-smilie:
Reply 175
One hours worth of revision now, is worth 10 hours the day before.
Original post by fefssdf

I'm triggered from that.

My unit grades for maths were AAE. You can take a guess at what the E was in. Ended up getting a C overall and nearly losing hope in applying to good unis.

This year it wasn't hard. Just physically impossible to complete in time.
my form tutor spent weeks saying she couldnt wait to get rid of us etc. etc. then on our last day she cried :colonhash:
Original post by Stxlla_j10
Once you're in year 11 teachers do everything possible to get you into trouble 😒 but then again when you're in year 11, you just don't care anymore, people just square up to teachers😂

Yh trust me I couldn't care less about my detention really cause it was literally just me sitting at a computer for 40 mins one day after school with all these other kids who had been forced to stay behind to meet these stupid ' milestones '
Original post by lucabrasi98
I'm triggered from that.

My unit grades for maths were AAE. You can take a guess at what the E was in. Ended up getting a C overall and nearly losing hope in applying to good unis.

This year it wasn't hard. Just physically impossible to complete in time.

Yh I was just glad I got a bloody B like I hardly revised d1 I just thoughht I would wing it and if I wasn't for doing FM AS I would've got a B last year which wouldn't have been good seeing as I'm going to do maths at uni ... I really hope you do better this time around !

Quick Reply

Latest