The Student Room Group

Am I bored of him?

After 8-9 months of dating my boyfriend, i'm kinda bored, but not sure if it's because we've been in long distance for about 3 months and i'm tired of it. I'm not as romantic as I was and, things don't excite me enough like before... it's not like i'm lazy to leave cute or sexy picture for him or other things like that, I'm just not bothered or motivated anymore. But we're coming up to 9 months and I think I need to sort it out or at least do something nice.

I did see him recently for 3 full days but, after it , I felt kinda :s-smilie: after and started to get a bit irritated with him and just not satisfied and i've been advertising myself more like my instagram is always private but, i've made it more open and been getting guys adding me on snapchat. I don't flirt with them, but I do find some hot. But it's got to a stage where any good looking guy is more hot than my boyfriend.

Scroll to see replies

What saddens me is how you've only come to this conclusion after other guys showed interest.
Leave him. He deserves better.
Reply 3
You seem like a real catch..
Reply 4
Original post by Prince of Punani
What saddens me is how you've only come to this conclusion after other guys showed interest.

No, it isn't really because of that. Guys have shown some interest before, and i've been only focused on him. It's i'm not sure if i'm over the distance and it;s desensitizing my feelings towards him or if it's because I'm tired of the relationship.

Also, although I mentioned they add me, I don't answer or talked to them in my DM. All I do is like pictures and gossip with my girls if I find some attractive. Which is common. It's just that i've had this supressed and in a way couldn't do this or even look at guys when it wasn't long distance (if that makes sense). So i'm getting sensory overload and admiring other guys. But I don't want a relationship with them or to hook up.
Obviously the long distance aspect is taking its toll. Is there any way that you can see him more?
Original post by Napp
You seem like a real catch..

There's nothing wrong with your relationship fizzling out. It's very common, especially when you're young. Though it is probably most kind for you to tell your boyfriend honestly how you feel. From there you can figure out whether you want to work on it or go your separate ways.
Reply 7
Original post by 99_Problems
Obviously the long distance aspect is taking its toll. Is there any way that you can see him more?

Well yes, but it's his turn to visit since last month I saw him twice and I payed, if not we have to wait until September. And it's annoying because it's our longest one because of uni and summer holiday :/
Reply 8
Original post by Hamo2509
There's nothing wrong with your relationship fizzling out. It's very common, especially when you're young. Though it is probably most kind for you to tell your boyfriend honestly how you feel. From there you can figure out whether you want to work on it or go your separate ways.

Yeah, i'll talk to him about it soon
Original post by Anonymous
After 8-9 months of dating my boyfriend, i'm kinda bored, but not sure if it's because we've been in long distance for about 3 months and i'm tired of it. I'm not as romantic as I was and, things don't excite me enough like before... it's not like i'm lazy to leave cute or sexy picture for him or other things like that, I'm just not bothered or motivated anymore. But we're coming up to 9 months and I think I need to sort it out or at least do something nice.

I did see him recently for 3 full days but, after it , I felt kinda :s-smilie: after and started to get a bit irritated with him and just not satisfied and i've been advertising myself more like my instagram is always private but, i've made it more open and been getting guys adding me on snapchat. I don't flirt with them, but I do find some hot. But it's got to a stage where any good looking guy is more hot than my boyfriend.

Yes it sounds liek its run its course.

Finish with him properly as it looks tacky flirting on instagram when you are supposedly still with your bf.
No, it isn't really because of that. Guys have shown some interest before, and i've been only focused on him. It's i'm not sure if i'm over the distance and it;s desensitizing my feelings towards him or if it's because I'm tired of the relationship.

Also, although I mentioned they add me, I don't answer or talked to them in my DM. All I do is like pictures and gossip with my girls if I find some attractive. Which is common. It's just that i've had this supressed and in a way couldn't do this or even look at guys when it wasn't long distance (if that makes sense). So i'm getting sensory overload and admiring other guys. But I don't want a relationship with them or to hook up.

Even if you don't get with any of those guys, you were seeing how easily you could branch swing if something else came along and that's what you've done. Giggling about it with the girl crew is just as bad as flirting,

I won't shame you because you can't negotiate your own feelings, but if you get dumped or cheated on in future, you don't deserve any sort of sympathy because you're a part of that cycle.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
Yes it sounds liek its run its course.

Finish with him properly as it looks tacky flirting on instagram when you are supposedly still with your bf.

But I don't flirt, I just like pictures of generic hot guys that i'm never going to see. And I did say that I don't talk to them in DM. so, I kinda don't get how it's flirting if i'm honest
But I don't flirt, I just like pictures of generic hot guys that i'm never going to see. And I did say that I don't talk to them in DM. so, I kinda don't get how it's flirting if i'm honest

Ok, but you still seem to have come to an end and dont seem bothered about taking it any further. Its LDR which is a bit different. Talk to him and if theres no reasonable prospect or you dont fancy it then just tell him it isnt working and you think its best to split.
It's pretty normal for the excitement & intrigue to fizzle out, but by the time you would hope to be very comfortable together.
Then again, long distance relationships don't really work imo.

Spoiler

All things run their course.

If you are unwilling to put in the effort that is needed to sustain the relationship, then you are best of ending it.

Let the both of you find happiness elsewhere.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Leave him. He deserves better.

The second part if that is idiotic. You can't control who you're attracted to. And OP hasn't flirted with anyone else
Original post by lucabrasi98
The second part if that is idiotic. You can't control who you're attracted to. And OP hasn't flirted with anyone else

It's not idiotic. He does deserve better because the OP is dragging the relationship on when she's lost interest in him. She's wasting both of their times.
Original post by lucabrasi98

True, and it's all premeditated and I haven't cheated. It's simply looking at others compared to not being able to look at others when I'm with him. But now I am away from him, I can admire others.
True, and it's all premeditated and I haven't cheated. It's simply looking at others compared to not being able to look at others when I'm with him. But now I am away from him, I can admire others.

Great. You can leave him and look at guys all you want without feeling so guilty then. :smile:

Even if you haven't technically cheated, your willingness to get a guy then jump ship at first opportunity is in of itself sleazy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending