The Student Room Group

Do most muslims truly save themselves until marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Live and let live.

If a man or a woman wants a "pure" partner or a virgin. Then, they should be allowed to live their lives. If others don't mind, then so be it.

People should be allowed to live their lives the way they please, as long as it does not impinge on other people.

We cannot go on about how we don't want to be forced to follow other people's religion, beliefs, views or values, but we are quick to want to "teach" people how to live. Surely, it is hypocrisy.
Original post by Anonymous
No, it doesn't. Because losing your virginity after marriage wouldn't make someone impure by that standard and it's not in the dictionary definition so it doesn't mean that at all.

And the bible and Wuran aren't perfect so their word isn't law

Premarital sex and sex after marriage are two different things in the context of religion. You aren't perfect either. I'm not telling you what to do. You do what you want in your life. This is MY belief and I don't understand why people can't respect it. What is the need for swearing, name calling, and disrespect? What is the need for such hostility? I don't understand.

Everyone just leave this matter alone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sameehaiqbal
HA I know. The name calling and swearing on this thread is absolutely ridiculous. People need to learn to respect each other.

Lol, I have a simple motto. 'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. - Voltaire'.

I wish people would learn from this.
Reply 263
Original post by Saba XD
I guess people have forgotten what opinions are. :colonhash:

When someone says that they want to remain "pure", it implicitly means that those who have sex are impure.

Original post by Saba XD
Lol, I have a simple motto. 'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. - Voltaire'.

I wish people would learn from this.

Nobody asked for censoring other people in this thread.

(Btw it's an apocryphal quote of Voltaire.)
Original post by Josb
When someone says that they want to remain "pure", it implicitly means that those who have sex are impure.

That is still an opinion like you have yours. You might not like it but that is all you can do is counter argue it but you cannot force someone to change their opinion. It is that simple.

I did not state that someone asked for censorship but the way profanities are being thrown, it implies. And, I am blaming both sides.

Does not matter if it is authentic or not, it still is a good way to deal with things.
Original post by Josb

that's their religions definition of pure/impure. You're not a muslim so why does it matter to you?
Reply 266
Original post by Saba XD
That is still an opinion like you have yours. You might not like it but that is all you can do is counter argue it but you cannot force someone to change their opinion. It is that simple.

The purpose of debating is to change other people's opinions.

Original post by Angry Bird
that's their religions definition of pure/impure. You're not a muslim so why does it matter to you?

I am still allowed to be concerned about the regressive opinion that many religious people have on sex, especially when they think that other people are "impure" because they have sex.

I suppose that many religious people would argue with me if I answered "no, I'm not stupid" to the question "are you religious?".
Original post by Josb

I am still allowed to be concerned about the regressive opinion that many religious people have on sex, especially when they think that other people are "impure" because they have sex.

I suppose that many religious people would argue with me if I answered "no, I'm not stupid" to the question "are you religious?".

But, not forcefully. If you do not like it, you say it and that is all. You cannot change someone's opinion by force. If you think like that then I feel sorry.

Also, I am religious and if you answered that, it is fine by me, You have all rights to say what you please. Same as any other person. Every human being is allowed to have a religion or lack of.
Original post by Josb

It's to bring your view forward so other people can acknowledge what you think, which is fine. But It's up to the person to change their opinion, you cannot force them to think a certain way and I think that is what most peoples problem is on TSR, they try to shove their belief down peoples throats. It's not the way forward. Not that I'm saying that you're doing this, but other people on this thread have and it's appalling.
Reply 269
Original post by Saba XD
But, not forcefully. If you do not like it, you say it and that is all. You cannot change someone's opinion by force. If you think like that then I feel sorry.

Also, I am religious and if you answered that, it is fine by me, You have all rights to say what you please. Same as any other person. Every human being is allowed to have a religion or lack of.

It's to bring your view forward so other people can acknowledge what you think, which is fine. But It's up to the person to change their opinion, you cannot force them to think a certain way and I think that is what most peoples problem is on TSR, they try to shove their belief down peoples throats. It's not the way forward. Not that I'm saying that you're doing this, but other people on this thread have and it's appalling.

I haven't forced anybody to believe what I think and I don't know how to do that on an internet forum anyway.
Hahaha are you horny :biggrin:

not really I just think it's worth a try
Hmmm... interesting thread indeed. After reading through all the arguments, I arrive at my conclusion:

Spoiler

Most of the girls don't in the end, some guys do, but it's only the socially inept ones with no game who then bang on ad nauseam about how they want a virgin
Reply 273
Or are most muslims nowadays having sex before marriage?
I always believed most girls do, but most guys don't, however I hear a lot of gossip about others suggesting otherwise. I'm female and don't consider myself that religious (don't pray 5 times) however I am waiting.
So yeh - what do muslims think on this?

Well cuz of purity and cleanliness. Why else. Why else:h:

#deen

Need backwards
(edited 7 years ago)
Josb is a vile user. On another thread he was calling Muslims animals or barbarians.
Original post by Josb
I haven't forced anybody to believe what I think and I don't know how to do that on an internet forum anyway.

I beg to differ. I have seen people saying that do not force your opinions on me towards religious people. This is pretty much said on the internet.
Josb is a vile user. On another thread he was calling Muslims animals or barbarians.

If thats true, then people like him always make me feel that I'm not welcome in my own country. Its really sad. I hope one day this outlook upon Muslims is changed.

he wouldn't say it to anyones face

link me the post?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 278

Yes, I obviously said that. :rolleyes:

At least I'm not an anonymous coward. :h:
Reply 279
Original post by Angry Bird
he wouldn't say it to anyones face, just a pussy behind a keyboard

I never said that anyway. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending