The Student Room Group

Do most muslims truly save themselves until marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sameehaiqbal
Premarital sex and sex after marriage are two different things in the context of religion. You aren't perfect either. I'm not telling you what to do. You do what you want in your life. This is MY belief and I don't understand why people can't respect it. What is the need for swearing, name calling, and disrespect? What is the need for such hostility? I don't understand.

Everyone just leave this matter alone.

This isn't about being perfect, it's about disgusting name calling. Don't pretend impure is some clinical, neutral definition, if isn't. It carries inherently negative, insulting connotations and it is nothing but an insult from a barbaric, medieval mindset.

You said you were going to stop before and you didn't so if you want to leave it, but don't tell others to leave it if they don't want to.
Original post by Anonymous
This isn't about being perfect, it's about disgusting name calling. Don't pretend impure is some clinical, neutral definition, if isn't. It carries inherently negative, insulting connotations and it is nothing but an insult from a barbaric, medieval mindset.

You said you were going to stop before and you didn't so if you want to leave it, but don't tell others to leave it if they don't want to.

OMG. I've said SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times that I also DONT LIKE and DO NOT APPROVE when people call each other "pure" or "impure" so what's the problem? I'm not the one you should have a problem with, that girl who called you impure or the other anonymous (can't tell because there's so many anonymous people on this :rofl: ) is the one you should be telling this to. Anyways, everyone needs to chill, it's just a word. Good day!
(edited 7 years ago)
LOL! People take a word so seriously :flute:
Original post by Angry Bird
he wouldn't say it to anyones face

link me the post?

It seems it was the latter and not the former. It makes no difference to me, personally.

Original post by Josb
There are about 6 million Muslims in France; you could annihilate every Muslim country that it wouldn't solve the problem. The barbarians are among us.

The original post has been removed but someone quoted it so we can still see it.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=66430986&postcount=482

I think Josb's post was in response to this guy's

Original post by neal95
Bomb their countries to oblivion
Original post by Josb
Yes, I obviously said that. :rolleyes:

At least I'm not an anonymous coward. :h:

Well I have proof where you strongly imply the Muslims in france to be barbarians. So yes, you did say that.

You're just a coward who calls Muslims barbarian online. It's no surprise because you have a tendency to post against Muslims and Islam but I really do wonder if you have balls in real life. Most islamaphobes don't you see.

I'd rather be an anonymous coward over whatever coward you are :smile:
Well I have proof where you strongly imply the Muslims in france to be barbarians. So yes, you did say that.

You're just a coward who calls Muslims barbarian online. It's no surprise because you have a tendency to post against Muslims and Islam but I really do wonder if you have balls in real life. Most islamaphobes don't you see.

Could you link the post here please X
Could you link the post here please X

I've already posted it http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4224548&page=15&p=66783600#post66783600 :smile:
Reply 287
It seems it was the latter and not the former. It makes no difference to me, personally.

The original post has been removed but someone quoted it so we can still see it.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=66430986&postcount=482

I think Josb's post was in response to this guy's

I said that there were barbarians among French Muslims, not that all Muslims are like that. Most terror attacks were conducted by people who were born in France.

You also pretended that I called Muslims animals...
Original post by mr T 999
Well some do and some don't. It just depends on how religious you here. Most of the Muslim guys I know had sex. I know some muslim girls had sex before aswell (Including the hijabi ones). I guess it's a "trying to be more western" thing tbh.

I'm not sure... I have friends who are Muslims and the majority (though not all) have had premarital sex. As a catholic myself I can tell you that in my religion it has also become increasingly rare to abstain from sex until marriage. This is for several reasons.
In developed parts of the world like Europe an increasingly larger population of men and women are going to university and following ambitious careers. This usually means that it is upwards of the age of 25 that men and women can finally afford to settle down, get married and have children. It is understandable that a large majority of these people will have sex before the age of 25 and consequently have premarital sex(best time biologically). Traditionally men and women would not have to undergo such time consuming careers and so would get married at the age of 15 making it a lot easier to remain a virgin until marriage. This means that people are likely having sex at more or less the same age as traditionally but due to social change premarital sex in the more economically developed nations is increasing.
(edited 7 years ago)
OMG. I've said SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times that I also DONT LIKE and DO NOT APPROVE when people call each other "pure" or "impure" so what's the problem? I'm not the one you should have a problem with, that girl who called you impure or the other anonymous (can't tell because there's so many anonymous people on this :rofl: ) is the one you should be telling this to. Anyways, everyone needs to chill, it's just a word. Good day!

I know but you were the one who was trying to defend the use of impure in some twisted way which is simply not acceptable. Saying it's just a word is such an infantile argument because words can be extremely offensive and degrading. Tell that to black peoples regarding the n word etc.
Original post by Josb
I said that there were barbarians among French Muslims, not that all Muslims are like that. Most terror attacks were conducted by people who were born in France.

You also pretended that I called Muslims animals...

You said the "barbarians are among us" not the "there are some barbarians among our Muslim population".

Also you didn't think anything bad of the other guy proposing to bomb/annihilate Muslim countries to oblivion. You didn't even question it. You only pointed out a problem in the idea - there were 6 millions in France so they would survive the bombing.

I said you called them "animals or barbarians" because I couldn't remember which of the two. As it turns out, it was the latter. To me, there is no difference, I'm glad your post got removed. Stop trying to act all upset because you called them barbarians and not animals.

Try to make your excuses now. In future, try to word your posts carefully or your real views might get exposed again to the public :h:
I know but you were the one who was trying to defend the use of impure in some twisted way which is simply not acceptable. Saying it's just a word is such an infantile argument because words can be extremely offensive and degrading. Tell that to black peoples regarding the n word etc.

Excuse me? No i wasnt. You asked "why does sex make you impure" and i told you what the Quran and Bible say. Now youre just putting words in my mouth. I do not condemn the use of these words id rather just use "virgin" or "not virgin"
Reply 292
You said the "barbarians are among us" not the "there are some barbarians among our Muslim population".

"The barbarians are among us" is true because those who committed terrorist attacks were natives. You cannot dispute that point.

Also you didn't think anything bad of the other guy proposing to bomb/annihilate Muslim countries to oblivion. You didn't even question it. You only pointed out a problem in the idea - there were 6 millions in France so they would survive the bombing.

I was pointing to that user that his "idea" was useless and implying that invading or carpet bombing a country wouldn't work.

I said you called them "animals or barbarians" because I couldn't remember which of the two. As it turns out, it was the latter. To me, there is no difference, I'm glad your post got removed. Stop trying to act all upset because you called them barbarians and not animals.

Try to make your excuses now. In future, try to word your posts carefully or your real views might get exposed again to the public :h:

I'm not making excuse and I stand by what I said. I'm just explaining for the simple minds.
Original post by Josb
"The barbarians are among us" is true because those who committed terrorist attacks were natives. You cannot dispute that point.

I was pointing to that user that his "idea" was useless and implying that invading or carpet bombing a country wouldn't work.

I'm not making excuse and I stand by what I said. I'm just explaining for the simple minds.

I do believe barbarians are among us. You're a barbarian and you're among us. I don't dispute that. But your wording suggests you meant something else.

Perhaps you could've pointed out that his idea was barbaric? But no, you only pointed out that the mass murder of 1billion+ wouldn't work because there would still be Muslims in your own lands :facepalm:

You are making excuses and like the other islamaphobes on here, it's a bit pathetic. Keep on making excuses but sooner or later, you people can't control yourselves and your hatred won't be a secret forever.
My sister waited until marriage. She did everything the "halal" way. Met someone in uni who was interested so first they got engaged so they could go on dates to get to know each other, then when they graduated, they got married. That was 5 years ago. Now they're divorced and she said she's never going to fall for that religious ******** again.

She waited to lose her virginity to the "right person in a halal way" but that "right person" ended up being a physical and emotional abuser - he was violent and tried to control who she spoke with and who she was friends with. Before they got married and started living together, he hid these attributes - they came out after about six months of marriage and it took her four years to finally divorce him due to cultural, parental and religious pressure on her to stay, not to mention the sexist conditions of religious marriage and divorce.

The moral of the story is: try before you buy, folks. Especially if you're a girl. Because if you marry and it doesn't work out, the next few years of your life are gonna be hell.
Reply 295
I guess it's each to their own. I personally know a few who didn't and they shouldn't be judged. At the end of the day, it's your body that matters - no one is perfect
My sister waited until marriage. She did everything the "halal" way. Met someone in uni who was interested so first they got engaged so they could go on dates to get to know each other, then when they graduated, they got married. That was 5 years ago. Now they're divorced and she said she's never going to fall for that religious ******** again.

She waited to lose her virginity to the "right person in a halal way" but that "right person" ended up being a physical and emotional abuser - he was violent and tried to control who she spoke with and who she was friends with. Before they got married and started living together, he hid these attributes - they came out after about six months of marriage and it took her four years to finally divorce him due to cultural, parental and religious pressure on her to stay, not to mention the sexist conditions of religious marriage and divorce.

The moral of the story is: try before you buy, folks. Especially if you're a girl. Because if you marry and it doesn't work out, the next few years of your life are gonna be hell.

If you have a boyfriend and you're in a long term relationship with him he could "hide" these attributes for years and years and when you marry him he could do the same thing anyway. What then?
Excuse me? No i wasnt. You asked "why does sex make you impure" and i told you what the Quran and Bible say. Now youre just putting words in my mouth. I do not condemn the use of these words id rather just use "virgin" or "not virgin"

But what you said was wrong. Neither book explicitly defines impure as losing your virginity. It is a general term (insult) to anyone who has sexual relations without being married. One can do sexual things without losing their virginity.

Exactly this sister, preach it girl!! Xx
Reply 299
Or are most muslims nowadays having sex before marriage?
I always believed most girls do, but most guys don't, however I hear a lot of gossip about others suggesting otherwise. I'm female and don't consider myself that religious (don't pray 5 times) however I am waiting.
So yeh - what do muslims think on this?

I am muslim and most guys do have sex and i would say about 45% of girls have intercourse before marriage. i mean it depends also on the circles you occupy.

Quick Reply

Latest