The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonwinner
What else are you guys gonna apply to? Other than Investment Banks

Im probably gonna go for some management consulting companies although they're equally as competitive as IB -no harm in trying
Maybe 1 or 2 of big 4
How about you,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Terry Tibbs
What "doesn't"?

"it's being at a target that matters. "
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Im probably gonna go for some management consulting companies although they're equally as competitive as IB -no harm in trying
Maybe 1 or 2 of big 4
How about you,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, and I'm hoping that I'll get more ideas of things to apply to when I get to uni
Maybe 1 or 2 of big 4
How about you,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Word of warning, the MC firms don't really do 'spring weeks' it's moreso insight programs with no fast track opportunity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 164
Finally there's an appropraite topic for my question, so I'll dublicate it.

BAML claim that they compensate living expenses for students living outside London during Spring week. I was wondering what banks do this either and is it the same for non-UK (non-EU) interns?

Thank you and good luck to those who apply this year.
Original post by Vloz
Finally there's an appropraite topic for my question, so I'll dublicate it.

BAML claim that they compensate living expenses for students living outside London during Spring week. I was wondering what banks do this either and is it the same for non-UK (non-EU) interns?

Thank you and good luck to those who apply this year.

It's the same for everyone, you'll be put in a hotel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Dorchester or the ritz?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Dorchester or the ritz?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea, I'll ask my friends who did it last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 168

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good, I wasn't expecting for Buckingham Palace this time.

Thanks a lot.
No idea, I'll ask my friends who did it last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao its fine. I was just joking. The hotel they put you in should be the LEAST of everyones worries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by President J
"it's being at a target that matters. "
Elaborate, because I'm pretty sure you don't mean to say being at a target is irrelevant.
What else are you guys gonna apply to? Other than Investment Banks
All of Big 4, BoE and Unilever.
Elaborate, because I'm pretty sure you don't mean to say being at a target is irrelevant.

Across the big 6 targets there are lots of students -we're talking thousands. Simply attending a target won't help you stand out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Across the big 6 targets there are lots of students -we're talking thousands. Simply attending a target won't help you stand out

Posted from TSR Mobile
So two equal candidates attending a target and a non-target have an equal chance of getting interviews, is that what you're saying?
So two equal candidates attending a target and a non-target have an equal chance of getting interviews, is that what you're saying?

In theory yes. But realistically, no 2 people are*exactly* the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
In theory yes. But realistically, no 2 people are*exactly* the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
And you don't think that this is remotely contradictory to the general consensus?
And you don't think that this is remotely contradictory to the general consensus?

Sorry im actually slightly confused. What are we actually arguing about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RWiz
I did "SW" at McK, although not the programs in England, last year and can confirm there was no fast track opportunity.

Would you say it was still worth doing for people wanting to go into Consulting? Or is an IB SW still better?
Reply 178
Would you say it was still worth doing for people wanting to go into Consulting? Or is an IB SW still better?

Dunno
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RWiz
I haven't done any IB SW's and hope to land one this year, so I can't compare. But the experience was very worth it. We did some casework, learned a lot about the industry and the company and I had a great time with some of the consultants and other people attending the insight days. Most of them had very interesting backgrounds. I do not at all regret going to it. But it's very competitive, we were all from target unis, had very good grades and EC's. So I guess it's as competitive as the IB SW's.

It sounds really good.

I assume you did that in your first year of uni? How are you applying to IB SW's now? Aren't they only for first years?

Latest

Trending

Trending